GOT IT!!! Kemper 'dialled' in for my guitar - Penny drops!!! \m/ :P :)

• The Penny has dropped!

My guitar is now dialled into the Kemper - the 'elusive' clean and dist sens are all set.

Main issue to getting it to hit the ballpark with other profiles was the clean and dist sens settings, and RAISING the pickups. I'd had them set too low, so the bridge was sounding anaemic and too much treble - no bass punch and 'weight'.

I just followed orders on a clean profile - bridge pickup - and HIT THE STRINGS HARD - backing off the clean sens until we just slightly hit the orange on the output..

All set. Dist sens left on good ol' 0.

So, I just went to town with my ears and screwdriver - started off too high, then down, down until I hit a sweet spot between power and tone

...DAMN!!

That's it, game over man, game over - rigs are sounding like their amps - I'm getting that oomph and low end, with everything else in between :) :)

I've been blown away by the Kemper since I got it some 8 months ago. But, until my guitar was dialled in - it was only hitting 95% - now with that done, I realise what a game-changer this is to the amp world for musicians. Being able to dial up a tone and jam away with your cd collection, create your own amp 'mixes' for a song in performance mode.

Just super, super stoked to get the tonal foundations laid...thanks to all that answered my previous questions, gripes and is this right / is this wrong - I hope I can help further users in the future.

Must.go.play.guitar....*insert huge grin on face*

Tonerider

• ... Nice catch! Happy playing! :thumbup:

Do you mean that with the raised PUs now the amp and the Profiler sound similar, while when they were lowered the amp and the Profiler sounded different? :|
    Please elaborate :D

• Thanks Viabcroce,

It was more how the guitar reacted with the amps - I was forever messing with the clean and dist sens settings, and something was missing. After recording some recent tone demos, I was noticing the bridge pu was sounding weak in the bass - all treble and bite - but no 'balls' almost - for want of a word.

So, I just went ahead and cranked it up, down and set it right. The guitar reacts differently to some profiles now - some I didn't like now sound great, others that were good have changed, and for the most part the good profiles I liked still sound great - and I now have a much more balanced sound.

Next step is to check guitar with SPAN eq plugin along with playing with eq in a stomp to remove the mud, but the core tone is THERE - and I couldn't be happier.

Just shows how much the profiler reacts to your guitar and pickups - main issues are pu height and then clean / dist settings. Once that's done - leave 'em! Get learning, playing and enjoy the music. :)

• Just shows how much the profiler reacts to your guitar and pickups - main issues are pu height and then clean / dist settings. Once that's done - leave 'em!

:D

Thanks for your explanation :)
    The part which had caught my attention was where you wrote that now the profiles sound closer to the original amps with the same guitar. I guess it was a generic way to say they sound realer to you?
    We could be on something otherwise :)

• It is scary what impact is talked into the Clean Sens and Distorted Sens still after years.

To the OP: these controls do simply nothing good or bad to the tone. They simply control volume and gain in a special way. Where did you get the information that those controls improve the sound?

Edited once, last by ckemper ().

• It is scary what impact is talked into the Clean Sens and Distorted Sens still after years.

To the OP: these controls do simply nothing good or bad to the tone. They simply control volume and gain in a special way. Where did you get the information that those controls improve the sound?

It took me about half a year to get that :D