Do you think it's too expensive?

• All Nationalism aside.......

Compared to using a tube rig (IMO, no need to compare it to anything else), it is more versatile, cheaper, and sounds/feels like a tube rig.

The pricing appears to fit in very well as part of a pro stage rig. And, the non-powered version's closest recording tool competitor is more expensive than the Kemper.

(using Thomann website prices)
    If a Marshall JVM410H is 1390 euros, and a Fender Super-Sonic 60 Head BK is 1265 euros, that is only six Marshall/Fender sounds for 2655 euros, with power amps, but no effects or cabinets.
    That is 600 euros more than a Kemper power head, and 1100 euros more than a non-powered Kemper.

Add 655 for a Marshall 1960 cabinet, and 574 for a Super Sonic cabinet, and the "six sound" total is close to 3900 euros ( I have no idea about VAT, sales tax, whatever it is in your countries). Still, NO effects.

3900 - 1555 = 2345 euros. I'm guessing that would be enough for two powered CLRs.

3900 - 2055 = 1845 euros. That would be more than enough for two non-powered cabinets.

• The japanese cars have the best fiability.

You're obviously not up-to-date on your facts. I have no problem with Japanese vehicles, but you should read about the huge recalls that have been made by manufacturers like Toyota in the last one-two years, some of which were on account of fatal accidents. Broken engines are a problem, fatalities are worse.

Also, comparing Japanese cars with German? Are you serious? They're nice cars, alright, but seriously?

lol germans talk to germans
    _ assembled in Germany.

An it's still buggy after...how many years? ;)

I would not talk about german quality.

What's wrong with your Kemper then? I find it a remarkable product made in Germany and I'm glad Mr CK invented it. The LED lights issue affected a very small number of Profilers, by my reckoning. There are about 8,661 users on the website and I've seen about 20 complaints about LEDs and that is a very unconservative estimate about the number of users affected. So about 0.2 per cent of total Profilers. ^^

There's also a warranty service to repair units with defective lights and I've heard glowing reviews of Kemper Amps in that respect.

Despite so many posts and critics from you, I cannot remember to have received a valid bug report or comparison clip from you ever. :

Agreed, we're here to talk about music and its tools, not nuclear submarines. I had made a post about major bugs affecting the Kemper a while ago and there were about three in total, some of which have since been resolved. And I've been yelling myself hoarse asking for someone to do a spectral analysis of profiling with 2.5 vs 2.6 and also whether users can confirm the crackling noise that seems to affect some guitars has disappeared.

No one seems interested, which tells me that most users are playing their Kempers without worrying about the fact that there are "so many bugs".

• OT:

Big fails in latest history ...

France: Aircraft Carrier Charles de Gaulle
    Germany: BER airport
    Great-Britain: Soccer World Cup
    Italy: Bunga Bunga Man

Only country with no fails on record is Canada. I always admired their famous national hockey team with Fetisov, Makarov, Larionov, Krutov, Tretiak :thumbup:

• LOL, to put it all into a better perspective:

The price is right, just consider:

- the KPA is solidly made in Germany and not made in China (Line 6 ect.)

Guenter doesn't speak of Germany as a German as he was accused by mba, I think what he wants to say is this:
    A company like Kemper that decides to have a unit like the profiler not only conceived but also BUILT in a developped country with a functioning social system, (be it German, France, UK, Denmark, or any other European country) instead of having it built in countries where labor is cheapest and where no care is taken about working and environmental conditions shows that it is not comprising in quality and at the same time gives a strong statement about their ethics to do business.
    To me, this is worth very much in a world and in times where globalisation is not only a chance anymore but also one of the biggest threats for this planet.

• [quo te='lightbox','index.php?page=Thread&postID=168295#post168295']OT:

Germany: BER airport
    Great-Britain: Soccer World Cup
    Italy: Bunga Bunga Man

Only country with no fails on record is Canada. I always admired their famous national hockey team with Fetisov, Makarov, Larionov, Krutov, Tretiak :thumbup:[/quote]

Well do you really think Celine Dion is not somewhere a big fail when she starts talking?... Ok I leave ;)

• OT:

A lot of small issues which have been all solved now. What do you expect on a 10 billion euros project?
    But you are right and there has been a lot of jokes in french newspapers about that.
    French people are not complaisant with themselves. we are at the opposite of germans always unsatisfied.

By the way it's a nuclear carrier and we are the only ones with americans to be capable to build nuclear carrier in the world.
    It is smallest than american ones but two times bigger than the Uk, Spanish or Italian carriers.

• You're obviously not up-to-date on your facts. I have no problem with Japanese vehicles, but you should read about the huge recalls that have been made by manufacturers like Toyota in the last one-two years, some of which were on account of fatal accidents. Broken engines are a problem, fatalities are worse.

Also, comparing Japanese cars with German? Are you serious? They're nice cars, alright, but seriously?

I don't have to be up to date as i said that is based on cases in Europe.

• Absolutely right, I used Emagic-software ("Notator" later "Logic") many years ago on an ATARI ST. Apple bought 2002 the whole company, here's some info.

Some other German inventions: the first free programmable computer (1941 Konrad Zuse), MP3 (1982 Frauenhofer Institute / Karlheinz Brandenburg), first video-recorder (1961 Loewe), TV (1886 Paul Nipkow), the first car (1886 Carl Benz), airbag (1951 Walter Linderer) and much more.... finally the first profiling amp (2012 CK) ;)

About the computer : things are really more complex than that and i'm afraid that the Z3 is lost in the history of computers. Charles Babbage in 1833 already proposed a programmable machine based on the Jacquard system.
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histoire_des_ordinateurs

About Mpeg Layer 3 : it's an european project driven by Hans-Georg Mussman
    To sum up the companies involved in the royalties are Phillips (dutch) TDF, Technicolor and France Telecom (french), IRT and Fraunhoffer IIS(german).
    All these people worked on Mpeg.
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-1/2_Audio_Layer_3

About airbag : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Linderer
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbag

About TV : i agree though we are far from the final system.

About car : you are wrong by far. You have to define what is a car. If a car is defined as an automotiv system which can move alone the first car was painted by leonard de Vinci.
    Then the first car was made by Joseph Cugnot(french) in 1769
    [Blocked Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/FardierdeCugnot20050111.jpg]

In 1860 Etienne Lenoir (french) patent the first engine with internal combustion (2 cycles) and he build 400 of them
    In 1862 Alphonse Beau de Rochas (french) patented the engine with 4 cycles
    In 1872 Niklos Otto, Eugène Langen and Gottlieb Daimler found the Gasmotoren Fabrik Deutz AG
    In 1873 Amédée Bollée (french) built the first car with 12 places which goes up to 40km/h
    In 1878 Amédée Bollée built and sell another car called La Mancelle
    In 1881 Amédée Bollée built and sell another car called La Rapide which is the first one to goes up to 60 km/h
    In 1881 Gustave (french) Trouvé showed the first electric car at the International Electric Show of Paris
    in 1882 De Dion & Bouton (french) build their first cars
    1883 first car with gaz engine (4 cycles) Etienne Lenoir
    1884 first patent for a car with an engine driven by petrol Edouard Delamarre Deboutteville (french)
    then 1886 first car with engine (internal combustion) built by Carl Benz. He was not the first one to build a car. lol (perhaps the first german)
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronologie_de_l'automobile

About first video recorder : you are wrong by far again
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnétoscope

The end :D

Edited 3 times, last by mba ().