M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Bought both of them just to make sure! LOL!

During the 90s (when Nirvana hijacked the airwaves and rock music changed overnight) I switched over to the Garth-era new country music. The guitar playing was great and the songs were melodic with great vocal harmonies. Boy Howdy was another of those bands I enjoyed, but they seemed to have petered out a long time ago.

Lonestar plays in town next week so it will be great to hear a favorite band along with hearing someone else use the Kemper live BTW, I used the '69 Plexi, Marshall Mini Pack profiles last night at the gig and it was TASTY! It worked really well with my Strat (w/ Dimarzio Area 67 and 61 single coils).

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• During the 90s (when Nirvana hijacked the airwaves and rock music changed overnight) I switched over to the Garth-era new country music. The guitar playing was great and the songs were melodic with great vocal harmonies. Boy Howdy was another of those bands I enjoyed, but they seemed to have petered out a long time ago.

Lonestar plays in town next week so it will be great to hear a favorite band along with hearing someone else use the Kemper live BTW, I used the '69 Plexi, Marshall Mini Pack profiles last night at the gig and it was TASTY! It worked really well with my Strat (w/ Dimarzio Area 67 and 61 single coils).

Is that the Jacksonville show? Let me know if you're around for soundcheck.

• Is that the Jacksonville show? Let me know if you're around for soundcheck.

Yes....when is sound check?

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• So, I switched up a few profiles for my gig on Saturday night. I had been using one of Michael's champ profiles for my cleans because it worked well with humbuckers, which is what I gig with. After reading a few posts by guys I decided to switch it up to his 3rd power clean from the second version of his first pack. I don't know how I missed this profile before. I am ashamed. It is spectacular. Even the singer in the band came up to me to say how great it sounded. Then I also worked in a couple of new edge of break up, lower overdrive tones. They are from pack 2 I think. The /13 JRT 1 and 3 profiles. These the 6v6 profiles I assume since the others are labled '84". Even though I am a marshall guy and Michaels 70' 100 watt marshall is my main profile, I have to say that these JRT profiles have become my new favorites. So open, with some chime and so dynamic. Every time I sit down to play guitar at home I find myself playing these 2 profiles. Sound amazing with both single coils and humbuckers. I don't think I realized how great these profiles were until I got my 335. It also made wonder how I lived without a 335 all these years.

• Michael, you ever consider doing just a 3rd Power Mini pack? Also which pack would you suggest for me? I like a clean sound with break up when you strum hard. I am an EL84 guy that likes, Vox AC30, Matchless, Dr. Z, 3rd power British Dream, Jackson Ampworks Britian 30/Scarlett 30, and Surh Badger.......looking forward to that Z Wreck profile as well.

• So, I switched up a few profiles for my gig on Saturday night. I had been using one of Michael's champ profiles for my cleans because it worked well with humbuckers, which is what I gig with. After reading a few posts by guys I decided to switch it up to his 3rd power clean from the second version of his first pack. I don't know how I missed this profile before. I am ashamed. It is spectacular. Even the singer in the band came up to me to say how great it sounded. Then I also worked in a couple of new edge of break up, lower overdrive tones. They are from pack 2 I think. The /13 JRT 1 and 3 profiles. These the 6v6 profiles I assume since the others are labled '84". Even though I am a marshall guy and Michaels 70' 100 watt marshall is my main profile, I have to say that these JRT profiles have become my new favorites. So open, with some chime and so dynamic. Every time I sit down to play guitar at home I find myself playing these 2 profiles. Sound amazing with both single coils and humbuckers. I don't think I realized how great these profiles were until I got my 335. It also made wonder how I lived without a 335 all these years.

Are you referring to the 3rd power or the 3P dreamweaver clean? If you're referring to the 3P BF NEWEST *-profile, that's one of my new favorites as well.

However, for the edge of breakup I really like /13 JRT915 84 1

Or maybe the CL /13 LDW39 Clean-? that's a fav of mine as well. Just curious!

Edited 2 times, last by oozish ().

• you might really like the 56 tweed Twin and Pro mini pac.
    I really like the 3rd power but since buying the tweed mini pac
    I hardly use the 3 Rd power
    The Twin is about the most balanced and musical amp I've ever experienced, both
    with my old Strat and 64 SG Special.
    The 56 Pro is also a magical amp that has some of the best clean and bluesy sounds.
    Best $10. I've ever spent.

• Hmmm might have to pick those up. Here's a jam of some old riffs using the first Marshall profile from the Vintage Pack

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hmmm might have to pick those up. Here's a jam of some old riffs using the first Marshall profile from the Vintage Pack

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds awesome as always.

God I love Tylers. I want another.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• Are you referring to the 3rd power or the 3P dreamweaver clean? If you're referring to the 3P BF NEWEST *-profile, that's one of my new favorites as well.

However, for the edge of breakup I really like /13 JRT915 84 1

Or maybe the CL /13 LDW39 Clean-? that's a fav of mine as well. Just curious!

I checked and the clean profile I am using is the 3rd power clean-1 . But I checkout out the 3P BF Newest and that one is great as well. It it fuller sounding with a little more low end than the one I am currently using. For the edge of breakup I prefer the /13 JRT 6v6 profiles. Just like with real amps, I prefer slightly darker tones, so the EL84's have a little something that doesn't work for me. The funny part is, that I love EL84's when I hear other guys playing them, but for some reason, it doesn't work when I play through them.

• I've been using the 3rd Power Blackface for my main clean tone. 56 Pro for my medium/Keef tone. I currently use the 72 Marshall for my heavier rhythm tone and the 3rd Power Plexi w/ Klon for my rock-god solo tone. The 3rd Power profiles are amazing. I find they work with any gtr I own & they sound great with both the Tech 21 Power Engine & the Fryette Power Station. Of course FOH sounds amazing too!

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• I'm digging those Vintage Pack profiles with the Tyler (although that guitar seems to like all the profiles I've bought from all the different vendors). Here's another clip using them, teaching a dude how to play an old song

• Michael, you ever consider doing just a 3rd Power Mini pack? Also which pack would you suggest for me? I like a clean sound with break up when you strum hard. I am an EL84 guy that likes, Vox AC30, Matchless, Dr. Z, 3rd power British Dream, Jackson Ampworks Britian 30/Scarlett 30, and Surh Badger.......looking forward to that Z Wreck profile as well.

Not sure on the 3rd Power mini pack. I'll have to see if there's anything I can do that's not included already. I really try to incorporate a good enough variety in every pack that if you just buy one pack you can cover most basic food groups (EL34, 6L6, EL84, Marshall, Fender, Vox). Packs 1, 2, and 3 all have good doses of EL84 type amps. The Matchless C30 in Pack 1 is nice and clean and some nice overdrives as well. The AC30 in Pack 2 is creamy and thicker. Pack 3 has some nice AC15's and a '70 Marshall JMP 20w.

In reference to my 3rd Power amps (which are still my favorite profiles for live use), my #1 amp started as a British Dream but I talked Jamie into turning the AC channel into a Fender channel, similar to a blackface baseman but with more mids. That channel is my perfect amp sound. That amp is usually listed in my packs as Dream Weaver Prototype, but it is different than the stock Dream Weaver and the stock British Dream. I also commissioned Jamie to build an amp for me that included my Fender channel from my first amp along with his newer version AC channel and while he was at it, make it 100 watts. Mine was the first Fender/AC combination he made and he subsequently turned that idea into his new Dual Citizen, although mine is the only 100w version so far. Being 100 watts, mine isn't tube rectified. It's still a work in progress, but there are some profiles of that amp in Pack 3, listed as 3P MB (mine is labeled Michael Britt Custom 100) so it's either MB or MBC or MB100 or something similar. I may have him tweak that amp a bit more as I'm still trying to get it to sound more like my #1.

I still think it's great that everyone gravitates to different profiles. I still go back to my 3rd Power profiles, just as I would with real amps and it's cool when people say they like profiles that I even overlook. I always go back and try them out again. That's the beauty of the multi-packs, to me.

Thanks for the continued support and for the feedback and the video clips. I love seeing and hearing how people make music with these sounds. I appreciate it.