M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Great video Michael, I notice some of your LED's have died, just in case ya didn't know kemper will fix these under warranty ;)

• Just bought the pack and it looks like most of my old favourites are going to be replaced with these. Haven't had
    much time to go through them but the ones I did were great and they won't take much tweaking on my part either. Thank you Michael and look forward to whatever you come up with in the future.

Suggestions of Fuchs, Two Rock Custom Reverbs and Bionyx, as well as Boogie Mark series (Mark 1 especially or new King Snake) would be my request for future profiles

• please do not insinuate I am being less than "formal"...I simply disagree with you (just as I am allowed to) and gave reasons for it...Your latest posts, and your "review" (if you want to call it that) of the profiles came off as slightly condescending and less than friendly, maybe take your own advice.

I don't understand the excitement in your post, I just have a different opinion and like I said I'm not the only one, who don't like the pack. I never made any "reviews", but I tested the profiles good enough and I think it's important that everybody here is allowed to share his experiences. That the profiles are primarily made for live-use is not my invention, you can read it on Michael's webside:

"These profiles were primarily developed for live use so most profiles use the same or similar 3rd Power speaker cabs with similar mic’ing and Celestion speakers."

In my studio (KPA --> Klein & Hummel O110) and with my guitars ('58 strat, '66strat, '66 tele, '70 tele ect.) the profiles sound like I described it.
    Is it so difficult to let somebody drink his coke while 20 other people are drinking bear? ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• They were " made for live use" in the sense that the amps were often ran through the same cab and microphones in the same position so that there isn't huge tonal shifts between the profiles, which can definitely be a hindurance live, that's all thy comment means: not that they were physically MADE for live use ( what exactly would that mean anyways? Makes no sense). Again, Michael stated that many have used these in the studio as well with great results, there is no such thing as a " live" profile or studio profile... Could you not use these profiles made with this one cabinet in the studio? Of course. He was trying to keep down on huge tonal shifts, that's all he meant by the comment, it's obvious...

If you Reread some of your comments ( some which were highlighted by someone else) you may understand where I was coming from in regards to your posts...also, don't start off by stating " well yea dude, sorry, didn't read your whole post but.. Listen to me a for a second"...:: ya feel me?

• Guenter: I like applesaft ;)

michael

Yes, good choice, too :thumbup:

There's a lot of hype going on in this thread....is Michael's band famous in the States? That would explain some of the fanboy-comments, Country never made it over here in Europe, so I've never heard of him and his band.

Anyway, enjoy your profiles and I enjoy mine, peace. ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Jeeez....Come on now, as they said "condescending" and I'll say rude. He is a great professional Musician that just handed many of us a refreshing pack of tones that we've been searching for. Your comments seem a bit jealous, but my opinion. And yes "famous" and walks amongst and I'm sure rubs elbows with someone you've heard of.... I'm sure some have even "made it over to Europe". Thanks again Michael just sat down to take a breather from ripping!! Ya made my day. These sound KILLER on my dual DXR10S!! What an ear man!!!

• Jeeez....Come on now, as they said "condescending" and I'll say rude. He is a great professional Musician that just handed many of us a refreshing pack of tones that we've been searching for. Your comments seem a bit jealous, but my opinion. And yes "famous" and walks amongst and I'm sure rubs elbows with someone you've heard of.... I'm sure some have even "made it over to Europe". Thanks again Michael just sat down to take a breather from ripping!! Ya made my day. These sound KILLER on my dual DXR10S!! What an ear man!!!

Why should I be jealous, because I prefer other profiles? Is it condescending or even rude to have a free opinion and a different taste? Must I like Michael's profiles because he is a great professional musician? I've never put Michael's musical abilities down here, I respect every musician a 100%, but I'm talking about his commercial profile-pack he is selling here. And if I spent 50 $ and I'm disappointed why shouldn't I post it here?

No tolerance for other opinions here... I'm out of this thread...

• I have to say I'm starting hating the aggressiveness rising in this and other threads.
    Is it cultural? In some posts I find the same attitudes of intolerance I see over TGP.
    Please stop it, if you want to argue or fight with someone please PM them.

There's always a way to say anything without evoking or triggering an argument, even with the toughest members. The way I see it, learn it or shut up. You are in a public place here. Please respect those who do not share your "bread and guns" breakfast.

• :rolleyes::D LMAO..... Back to the profiles......Auditioned them for a couple more guitarist over the past couple of hours...... I A/B'd them with the profiles I had been using.... Everyone said yours brought a new dimension. I did it on purpose to see if there would be reaction and boy was there. Immediately they started looking and asking " now what is that one". It was like when I first fired the Kemper up for the first time all over lol!! Michael be very proud of your new business venture, a winner first time at bat!!! keep pumpin out the hits!!

• Yes, good choice, too :thumbup:

There's a lot of hype going on in this thread....is Michael's band famous in the States? That would explain some of the fanboy-comments, Country never made it over here in Europe, so I've never heard of him and his band.. ^^

Now that was offensive !!!! I'm no fanboy. I've never heard of Michael Britt until he posted here. I knew of Lonestar, they had 1 big hit I know " Amazed" played on the radio like crazy a few years back. Never knew any other song from them. Never seen them live, wouldn't pay to see them live as country is not my thing ( no offense to Michael ) . When I went to his site that's when I found out he was in Lonestar.

But what I appreciate is a guy, who gigs with the Kemper trying to get a good sound on the PA and having the time and knowledge with trial and error to get a consistent good sound live FOH out of the kemper. I play live all the time and it's something I battle with to get my sounds to cross over well FOH. Finished a 5 month tour in Dubai a while back and was trying sounds that sounded good to me on stage but I'd go out front with my wireless and hated FOH. It would bite my ear off many times . So I would try many different profiles with many surprises sometimes. And the overly bright profiles I hear often would byte my ear off at loud volumes and would drive me crazy. What sounds good through small monitors at low volume would be way too bright at high volume thru a Pa for me .

but to each his own, I heard one of your tracks and your tone was too edgy and bity for me personally, espescially if you crank up the volume. so I understand why you find these too dark and muddy. Different strokes ......
    So I guess that's why I'm liking this pack, and you didn't . not because I'm a "fanboy"!!!

• That's indeed an offensive and respectless post guenterhaas..country never made it over here Europe? Man, you seem to be a narrowminded person! Woow! Have fun with your MW-pack man and stop trolling this thread.

• That's indeed an offensive and respectless post guenterhaas..country never made it over here Europe? Man, you seem to be a narrowminded person! Woow! Have fun with your MW-pack man and stop trolling this thread.

Hey guys, why do you take everything so negative? I just said that country is not popular over here in Europe and even Garth Brooks couldn't make it with spending millions for promotion. It's just a typical American music-style, not working over here in Europe, that's all, it's not meant respectless or anything else. I'm not narrow-minded, but I never heard of Lonestar because of that fact, they are just unknown over here.

Because of the "fanboy"-reactions and the hype going on in this thread (it's not allowed here not to like Michael's profiles...), I can see that this is different in the States and Lonestar is a well-known band.

But just because I'm saying I don't like the profiles very much and I don't know Lonestar and because Country is an unpopular music-style over here in Europe, I'm not a troll, offensive, respectless, condescending ect.

I have the impression there are always some guys here, who want to understand everything wrong, starting immediately with aggressive posts. You have to be more tolerant: I have the right to post my opinion here, if you like it or not.

To make it clear for all: I don't like the profiles (except some awesome clean ones), but I have full respect and appreciation for Michael and his Band !!!

Edited once, last by guenterhaas ().

• Guys, it's a matter of fact that Country music is not popular in Europe. It's a statistic, it has nothing to do with how good the style or the musicians playing it are.
    Guenter has always plainly expressed his opinions about profiles he's tried. And he has never said "this sucks": he's rather explained why he doesn't like them (too muddy for me, too bright for me etc.). Shall we all like the same things? Let's take advantage of the differences to grow up more! People doing things in a different way are the only means we have to open up our mind and enrich ourselves.

• I couldn't care less about the fact that you don't care about these profiles. You can be as negative about them as you want to be, or rave as much about the MWpak as you can. It's more the other things (out of scope of any profile related discussion) that you drag into the conversation with a denigrating tone that annoys me.

• It's more the other things (out of scope of any profile related discussion) that you drag into the conversation with a denigrating tone that annoys me.

Just be fair: and what is the "tone" in this thread against me? Maybe it's annoying me?

Viabroce told it +1: I have nothing against Michael or Lonestar, they seem to be a great band and Michael is a great guitar-player. Nevertheless I should have the chance to have a critical opinion about his profile-pack without being lynched here....

Peace and back to more constructive things... :thumbup: