Recommendation for Footcontroller

• Went back and re-read your question. Are you just looking for an expression pedal to control the wah feature in the KPA?

Do some searches through the forum. There are a number of threads that cover this topic.

Most common are the Behringer FCB, Liquid Foot, Gordius, and of course simple switch boxes that plug into the foot switch locations on the back of the KPA. Kemper is also working on a KPA dedicated controller, still TBD on exact features and price, but rumors are that it will be available later this year. All of these examples have a wide range of cost so I'm sure that will be a factor as well.

It really comes down to what you want to control with your feet, how you use the KPA (IE, do you use a rig for a song and turn FX slots on/off, or do you store 3 versions of the rig with different gain levels and FX, do you use browse or performance mode?)

Sorry for all the questions but it will help greatly in deciding which path to take.

Sean

• Well, the pedals in the FCB may appear a bit cheap and the lightness of their action is not my cup of tea, but robust they are, all in all.
    The only one who had a pedal fail was me as far as I remember, and this was only due to an internal LED that had to be resoldered (which was easy to do).

• If you are looking for an expression pedal the Mission Engineering pedals are certainly robust and reliable. There is one model made especially for the Kemper but any other will be fine as long as they have a momentary switch. Or no switch at all considering that the KPA offer a lot of options to enable the wah without any switch. 8o

• The FCB-pedals are solid, never had any problems using the FCB (UnO4K) on 2 tours, until now and I never needed the spare one.

The volume-pedal is more like "on" and "off", don't expect too much range there, the wah-pedal works ok for me. All together the FCB with UnO4K imho still is one of the best solutions. And I wouldn't spend too much money right now, because the Kemper foot-controller will be released soon. At least CK is going into details, there won't be any exp-pedals on it:

"Thank you for your many votes and opinions.
    Considering everything, including some talks to touring guitarists, we'll realise.

Up Down I II III IIII
    1 2 3 4 5 Tap."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Well, the pedals in the FCB may appear a bit cheap and the lightness of their action is not my cup of tea, but robust they are, all in all.
    The only one who had a pedal fail was me as far as I remember, and this was only due to an internal LED that had to be resoldered (which was easy to do).

Mhhh... I must have got it wrong :/
    :)

• Also try the Roland expression pedals, I use their FC-300 and love the feel of their pedals, especially over the FCB's which I also own and use. I'm probably one of those reporting users viabcroce spoke of hehe.

Kind of disheartening for me to hear the Evolution will only have 4 switches, would rather see switches for A B C D X & Mod. Switching 2 effects per button is nice though, can take off a mod and add a boost for solos at the same time. Maybe I'm too quick to write off the potential.

• I was okay with my Moog EP-3 pedal for $40... but I was intrigued by the Mission Engineering for the Kemper... and now I'm 100% sold! Not only is it a more natural weighted volume pedal with more of a linear response, the switch function is unique for the KPA. I'm currently using it to control Pure Boost when I need that extra oomph for a solo... just perfect!

Gary ô¿ô

• Are there recommendations out there for a real robust footcontroller-Wah-Pedal ?

I have to be more precise:
    Currently I use a FCB (with two expression pedals for wah and volume).
    On the new Kemper-Footcontroller there will be no expression pedals (only switches), but there will be 4 Jacks for those.
    So I will be in need of at least one single Expression Pedal for Wah use, when the new Kemper Footcontroller will be available.
    And now again my question: What will be a good recommendation for a single Foot-controlled-Expression-Pedal which can be connected to the "KFC".

• I really like the Yamaha FC-7. It's very sturdy and has a lot of ground to cover between heel and toe positions.

Hi Nightlight. I was just reading up on this pedal based on your comments. From all I see it says its only a volume pedal, not an expression pedal, and that it uses a hard-wired 5' guitar cable, not TRS like expression pedals normally do. Is this right, or am I looking at the wrong FC-7? If it's really only a volume pedal then you don't have wah, pitch, etc. - i.e. alternate functions. Is this your situation? Also - if all this is correct, how is a 5' cable helpful (except in the studio) and where do you plug this in on the KPA? Just curious. :rolleyes:

Gary ô¿ô

• Hi Nightlight. I was just reading up on this pedal based on your comments. From all I see it says its only a volume pedal, not an expression pedal, and that it uses a hard-wired 5' guitar cable, not TRS like expression pedals normally do. Is this right, or am I looking at the wrong FC-7? If it's really only a volume pedal then you don't have wah, pitch, etc. - i.e. alternate functions. Is this your situation? Also - if all this is correct, how is a 5' cable helpful (except in the studio) and where do you plug this in on the KPA? Just curious. :rolleyes:

It says volume controller on the product webpage, but what kind of volume controller only has a single jack with no input? Bad description ^^

I plug my pedal into one of the two slots for pedal input on the Kemper. It works well as a volume pedal, a wah or a pitch pedal, as well as for other functions where you have expression pedal control. What I like about the pedal is that it has a lot of throw, there's quite a lot of difference between heel and toe and if you're in the system menu on the wah page, you can see just how much control you have over each "gradient" of control. It's also quite sturdy, though I agree, the fact that the cable is only 5' is a hindrance. Just get a male-female TRS cable to extend it, as suggested by another user to me when I was purchasing mine. It's built like a tank and I like the construction, quite rugged. You have the ability to change the throw of the pedal between two settings as well. This works well for when you're in a sitting position, or a standing position.

It's pretty cheap, which might make it seem like a lesser option, but it is indeed a great match for my Kemper.

can someone tell me if I can order the Eureka Prom for the Behringer FCB somewhere in Europe? If this is not possible: can I just order in the US and will get this thing delivered without having to pick it up at some customs office? Thanks for a short info....

I think you'll have to go direct to the manufacturer, since he's the only source building and stocking them. I think he's based in Europe though, not the US, so you should be able to get it without any customs being paid, do check on this though. If you're concerned about a trip to the customs office, you could ask him to have it shipped via Fedex, DHL, etc, which might cost a little more, but will ensure that it is delivered to your doorstep, where you'll have to pay customs.

Mind you, I'm not sure about the customs rules in your country, but there is usually a threshold that has to be exceeded for customs to kick in. I think the Uno4Kemper chip costs under 20 pounds, so it may be exempt. Do a little research to find out.