Thinking of switching from the FCB1010 to the voodoo labs ground control

• I am looking to do this. and help on how to program since I am new to MIDI and suggestions on expression pedals would be greatly appreciated!!!!

• I am looking to do this. and help on how to program since I am new to MIDI and suggestions on expression pedals would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Why would you want to do this at this point in time, with a dedicated Kemper controller being released soon?

• I use the Voodoo Lab ground control with my kemper. Works great with lots of control. I like the fact i can switch other midi gear at the same time on different channels.
    I'm using a MIDI guitar so switching is easer.

• I would like to know of the release of said Kemper controller and it's price. I'm also looking for ease of programming and durability and price. Do all the Line 6 POD HD have MIDI capability? I can find one of those for cheap. Plus I want to know the ease of programming of the line 6 POD HD.

• I would like it to kinda act like the POD. One button for dirty sound, one for clean, one for lead, one for clean with chorus/delay, etc.

• Switch the Kemper to Performance mode:

Add these to Bank One:

Add these sounds to the first Four Slots of Performance one: dirty sound, one for clean, one for lead, one for clean with chorus/delay

DONE.

The factory stock FCB can do this.

What can't the FCB1010 do for you? If it is a programming issue, the Ground Control is more complicated to program. The Line 6 gear can be used, but the programming workarounds needed to do that are also more complcated than the FCB1010.

Since you aren't fluent with MIDI, something as versatile (and complicated) as the Ground Control will only be a good choice IF you learn how to take advantage of its capabilities. That will take research and time to learn how to program the Ground Control to communicate with the Kemper in a way that gives you more than the FCB1010 could give you.

Otherwise, the relative "plug and play" nature of the FCB1010 (with or without the Uno chip) may be your best bet,

• I agree. Tried to use HD 500. Was a big frustrating PITA. The FCB1010 with the Eureka 2 chip is easy to use and extremely versatile.

• I use the Voodoo Lab ground control with my kemper. Works great with lots of control. I like the fact i can switch other midi gear at the same time on different channels.
    I'm using a MIDI guitar so switching is easer.

Greenback - I realize the GC can accept expression pedals. I have the ME EP1 for Kemper with toe function set for a boost in Fx slot X. Can such a function work with the Voodoo Lab GC?

Also - in certain presets I have wah-to volume so I can turn wah on as needed. Will the GC pro work with that, or do you need to have it be either CC#7 or #1 saved with each preset individually? (I hope that question even makes sense!) I'm considering switching to the GC due to it's nice, easy to read preset display, something the FCB certainly can't do, and in my cover bands I have too many different sounds to be covered with the simple setup Paults uses, though I have something like it in Performance bank 01.

Gary ô¿ô

• I have actually done the opposite. I had the GCP and it worked fine, but if I wanted a wah or volume then a pedal had to be added. I set the top two rows to control effects/slots and the bottom 4 buttons to control amps. I switched to the FCB simply because I bought a piece of equipment and it came with the FCB. It had the eureka prom for the 11 rack. I switched it out to the most current eureka prom (not Kemper prom) and programmed all of the effects and stomps on one layer (effects). I can then go to Favorite presets with the up arrow and I have 10 amps to choose from. It covered what I needed and has the pedals so I ended up just selling my GCP. I haven't had any problems with the pedals so it works well for me. I'm not sure what is most important for you.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup: