attention Andy (TAF), Tills,Top Jimi and Bill Ruppert: CD out with your profiles, cabs and FX......thank you, fellas!

• I just bought my copy! I'm going to let it soothe and move me as I drive to tonight's gig. Inspiration if you will. Looking forward to the hour's drive for a change. Review to come.

Gary ô¿ô

• I have listened to all samples on i Tunes and would like to order physical CD, grazie mille e ciao D. :)

ps: Speedway shuffle is "terrific"! but also other samples I find very interesting.. Freedom dance song, wow.. All I got wow!! ecc.. and it seems you have found some kind of your signature tone.. I would say..

• I just came across the preview, this is fantastic music , like the 90's guitar heroes I used to listen to ( Vai, satch, Jeff beck )

I dig your use of the controller pedal , not usual. I really like the expressiveness in your play ( the slide part are killer for instance )

the variety of tones is great and you mix is really clear & warm , nice work. :thumbup:

All I got is my fav'

• wow guys......what can I say? I'm speechless....... :)

the preview is sounding very low on quality because they just use it as preview. The asked me if I wanted to preview the Whole song instead of some seconds. so, since it is allowed to have the Whole song previewed, I guess they release a low quality so that listeners cannot record it. I'm just guessing here....don't know for sure how this is done.

@ waraba: all i got is one of my favourite too

@ prsgary: don't be to hard on me with your review, ok? :) and....you mean the lead sound on National Anthem presolo?

Hallan: wow! the signature sound achievement is every guitar player lifetime goal. I already was told I kind of am recognizable when listened to. indeed it is years already that no matter what I used, it comes out the same timbre, more or less. that is why I stopped buying pickups, and similar things. now...this can be something not to be proud of. for example, I got to play a Fender bassman and the sound was more or less the same. so, it is not completely positive to not enjoy the cleaness of some fine amp. neveretheless....it's me...cannot help it! ;) and if the so called 'my sound' is pleasent, so be it!

@ viabcroce: as mentioned to Hallan, the releasing of a phisical copy is already been planned and should be accomplished soon. as for the preview of wav files, I though about that and will see to it in the next days. I will have to mod my website accordingly. gosh how much time we need! and there isn't enuogh......

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I'm referring to that sitar-like sound beginning at 0:25. Haunting, quite unusual.

And how could I be hard on someone from the beautiful city of Florence? I'll be back there in the spring with any luck, love Italy! Our bass player called sick last night so my gig was cancelled at the last minute so I haven't had the chance to listen to the whole. I'll review or comment more after I do get that chance.

Gary ô¿ô

• that guitar is tripled by a sitar, an egyptian saz and an acustic guitar....of course plus my crunch guitar. so 4 instruments that give this ethnic sound, right? it was perfect for the main melody. in fact I used this combination for mainly all the melodyc lines. you can hear the same in the pre solo.

don't forget to download the CD booklet. it is in my website under the News section (find it in my signature).

got to hang out in Florence again, then! if you come you got to let me know.......

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• @ andy: thanks man.....really thanks for your profiles. indeed they are starting to make my signature sound. so I will Always carry a part of your work with me

@ prsgary: unfortunately no. I had to do the doubling thing because there is no way to do it on a profile. the only way would be via a roland synth guitar but the final sound would have to inserted by roland because there is no way to profile something other than with a kemper.

on the other hand I remember even Steve Vai did something like this in a David Lee Roth album (Skyscraper) in which he mentioned the fact that he played the part 12 times and later mixed all of them. i guess if there is a way Steve would have done it without the hassle of recording the same part 12 times.

you can do it like me though: play a line with crunch and double it with a clean acustic sim profile or with a real acustic if have one. last advice I would say to check Ruppert's profile/fx which are achieving very uncommon sounds that might be your starting point to what you're looking for.

michael

• I think you're referring to "Damn Good" - yes, I know he did something crazy like that. So far I'm loving your album, great work. "Truly Yours" is my early favorite. Very tasteful.

Gary

Gary ô¿ô

• @ viabcroce: as mentioned to Hallan, the releasing of a phisical copy is already been planned and should be accomplished soon. as for the preview of wav files, I though about that and will see to it in the next days. I will have to mod my website accordingly. gosh how much time we need! and there isn't enuogh......

OK :)

couldn't you just send me the wavs via dropbox?
    Feel free to PM me in case :)

• Listened to the previews and am very impressed. As someone else said, very Vai/Beck. Lovely tones and great playing. Wish my tone was as good!:) You get that lovely creamy, fluid lead sound that I always aim for but seem to fail to quite capture.

• @ prsgary: yes, Damn Good, one of my all time favourite tune

@ Netheravon: hang in there, I mean on the Kemper. my sound is there as the one you're looking for. all you have to do is tweak the profiles you like and you'll get it. I have no special KPA: just the one everyone has. one tip: start with the cabs. I always use Tills cabs which found unbeatable.....but for my sound, of course. other might like better other cabs. but test, test and test.......and in a short time you'll have the sound you're looking for.
    as for amps, I have used mainly TAF Marshall '67 and Diezel VH4 together with dozens of other of Andy, Top Jimi Marshall 78, the one I have tested (fidn them in my website on the signature). as for Cabs I have used Tills...and he has soooooo many, great for every need. this should be more than enough for you to start.

michael

• I always use Tills cabs which found unbeatable.....but for my sound, of course. other might like better other cabs. but test, test and test.......and in a short time you'll have the sound you're looking for.

Thx man. Good to hear you finally completed your work. A lot of great playing and nice tones... :thumbup: I hope this gets the attentions that it deserves. :love:

• Michael, are you an American living in Firenze? Do you Italian KPA guys ever get together, hang out? There seem to be so many of you LOL

Honestly, I think "Honestly" is my fav from your new album followed by the "Speedway Shuffle". Killer chops, tones, production... just fabulous!!! Congrats. I'm not sure I'd actually call your tracks "songs" - much less traditional than that. More a cacophany of grooves, licks, irrational ideas and sounds from who knows where layered into this thick, delicious cake. Whatever - it's all delicious. Keep it up!

Gary ô¿ô

• Thanks my friend for your words. again, I'm moved by what you wrote.

I'm an italian/german guy living in Florence. not yet for the hanging out of the italian kemperians. but there might be something going on. can't tell you what now because I have to keep it hidden.

nice the "delicious cake" thing. love it!

michael