Soldano SLO 100 - where are the best?

• Where can I find the best Soldano SLO 100 profiles?
    I've tried many on RM and there are some good ones; but I'm still looking.
    Think Mick Mars / Dr. Feelgood kinda tone; but with the ability to roll back the volume and respond well...

• Hi Jim,

I have the Amp Factory SLO, and that sounds pretty sweet. Is quite a lot of extra eq shaping going on I think before and after the amp. Not sure if anywhere else has a more 'raw' profile, depends on what you want.

FWIW - I was using it to get a Matt Pike / High on Fire sound.

Cheers,

• I know this is an old thread.Nevermind.I like the TAF-profiles of the SLO very much.As well as the Lammert-ones.But I am still searching for "the lead" profile of all the hardrock-players from the late 80s/early 90s who used this SLO-100..George Lynch used it.(wicked sensation),Mathias Jabs,Gary Moore..Warren de Martini etc..a dedicated "hair-metal"-profile.. :D

I also wonder that there is no "money for nothing" or "still got the blues" profile.

As @tnipe said some months ago.Not so many SLO-100 profiles out there.. ;(

• I know this is an old thread.Nevermind.I like the TAF-profiles of the SLO very much.As well as the Lammert-ones.But I am still searching for "the lead" profile of all the hardrock-players from the late 80s/early 90s who used this SLO-100..George Lynch used it.(wicked sensation),Mathias Jabs,Gary Moore..Warren de Martini etc..a dedicated "hair-metal"-profile.. :D

I also wonder that there is no "money for nothing" or "still got the blues" profile.

Check my Pack: http://www.brickwall.pl/store/…uct=47&controller=product

Stay Metal!

Few clips from my profile packs... I know a Soldano HotRod 50 isn't an SLO, Gary Moore sometimes used a Hot Rod 50 though (single channel) amp. I owned a '92 SLO before I became Kemperfied, the early one channel Hot Rods are really close. I actually compared one to a friend's SLO years ago directly, I won't tell you they were the same but they were really close. Anyways, few clips for you...

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Last Soldano clip wasn't exactly the Moore tone (or playing!) but it was close enough to make me want to record a clip with a backing.

Pete

• All nice profiles.Honestly.Sure I can "tweak" some of these profiles to get very close to what I want.Some EQs here,less gain there etc..

But..I am waiting still for some one to produce THE 80´s SLO-100 lead profile.Lots of gain(but not too much).Endless sustain,great dynamics,in the same time aggressive and elegant..ideal for pitch harmonics with a "fat sounding guitar" (I have my Les Paul in mind).

External Content www.youtube.com

Poser-stuff.. :D

My aim is to find a profile and to tweak it as little as possible.This is where the KPA is at its best imo.;)

Edited once, last by Nikos ().

• Yeah..this was THE lead sound of all the lads back then in the late 80s/early 90s.
    Actually to get THIS sound you have to turn the master up beyond the half.. <X

One of the reasons I got the Dual Rectifier back than in the early 90s.. (which I use mostly for my lead sounds).Still had the money left to get the Steavens Poundcake for my rythem sounds.

But since then I still "dream" and WANT this single lead sound of the SLO. ;)

• External Content www.youtube.com

Poser-stuff.. :D

Yeah - Lynch Mob! Holy smokes, George was on top of his art! Killer chops, killer songs, killer tone!

• I made my decision and will as soon as possible buy the TAF-soldano-profiles.Maybe sinmix´profiles will be next.

Thanx to all for your help.

ps

I will keep my eyes open if more SLO-profiles will come in the future.

• do it and try all options :thumbup: What i can give you its 100% Guarantee that's my profiles sounds good on all profiled cab/mic combination. How you use them - is up to you :) end of story!

Stay Metal!