Kemper through home stereo receiver ...

• I'd not use the HP out, since you have two beautiful, dedicated line outs!
    Is the receiver gifted with two mono or rather 1 stereo socket?
    If the former, I'd take two 1/4" mono cables, terminate them with the proper adapters and connect. There are also already terminated 1/4"-1/8" cables.

If the latter, one way is to use the two cables as per the above and use a cheap 2-1/4"-female-mono->1-1/8"-male-stereo adapter.

Good guitar cables will work well, the adapter costs 1€.

HTH :)

• If you do not use the tone or loudness controls, home stereo amps are as neutral sounding as any other solid state power amp. In combination with real good linear stereo speakers such a setup might sound better than any smaller near field monitors.

A common characteristic of home stereo systems, however, is that rather than make material sound flat, they try to make material sound good. At least, this holds true of most of the consumer level stuff.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a consumer device that is linear, I believe, and the cost would be prohibitive for most prosumer stuff. It might be more cost effective to go for something like a pair of Behringer Truth monitors, which are relatively cheap and relatively flat, flatter than most home stereo systems, I think.

• A common characteristic of home stereo systems, however, is that rather than make material sound flat, they try to make material sound good. At least, this holds true of most of the consumer level stuff.
    You'd be hard-pressed to find a consumer device that is linear, I believe, and the cost would be prohibitive for most prosumer stuff. It might be more cost effective to go for something like a pair of Behringer Truth monitors, which are relatively cheap and relatively flat, flatter than most home stereo systems, I think.

good idea.

• You'd be hard-pressed to find a consumer device that is linear, I believe, and the cost would be prohibitive for most prosumer stuff.

Not sure what you consider prohibitive, but there are good amps (and I mean well-made, and correctly working) for around 500 €.
    With 1200-1500 € you might build a basic home-stereo system which will be correctly reproducing music programs :)
    The hardest part (sonically speaking) would be coupling the amp with the cabs, and the system with the room :D

• Not sure what you consider prohibitive, but there are good amps (and I mean well-made, and correctly working) for around 500 €.
    With 1200-1500 € you might build a basic home-stereo system which will be correctly reproducing music programs :)
    The hardest part (sonically speaking) would be coupling the amp with the cabs, and the system with the room :D

I take it you're talking about just the amplifier at 500 euros. You'd then have to look for a pair of linear speakers. Definitely too expensive for my blood. Might as well get a pair of active monitors or even a CLR and have it all done within a 1000 euros.

• I take it you're talking about just the amplifier at 500 euros. You'd then have to look for a pair of linear speakers. Definitely too expensive for my blood. Might as well get a pair of active monitors or even a CLR and have it all done within a 1000 euros.

Same here. I thought the OP asked for something within the context of an existing home stereo system.
    Surely if I had shelled out more than 1000.- Euro for a home stereo with expensive cabs I wouldn't even
    dare to maybe destroy them with peaky clean guitars.
    I'd invest in a side system like the Behringer's or in a dedicated highend solution (CLR) instead.

• Sorry guys, I missed to quote and my words sounded out of context. I was responding to this

You'd be hard-pressed to find a consumer device that is linear, I believe, and the cost would be prohibitive for most prosumer stuff.

Now I've edited my previous post as well.

My point is that a good-sounding stereo system is not prohibitive to afford.

@ Ingolf: it's much easier to break a cheap cab that a good one, specially if the power amp is good. What's needed is a safe output level from the Profiler.

:)

• I've had a pair of Behringer Truth B3031As for about 4 years. These can now be had brand new from about $250 a piece. I got them as a "toy", but they actually hold their own against for example the Adam A7X that I believe much of the design comes from. My B3031As are now hooked up to the family's "audio work/playstation" and works really well for both music and TV as well as FR-speakers for various instruments (KPA included). Despite being designed as near-field speakers they are capable of filling a bigger space. I have occasionally been using them for sound-mixing at home and haven't yet experienced any anomalies in recordings processed with those speakers when I take my work back to the studio when I listen through speakers 20 times more expensive. I would most certainly have missed a few details in a mix if the speakers were less linear than they claim to be.

Edited once, last by heldal ().

• I've had a pair of Behringer Truth B3031As for about 4 years. These can now be had brand new from about $250 a piece. I got them as a "toy", but they actually hold their own against for example the Adam A7X that I believe much of the design comes from. My B3031As are now hooked up to the family's "audio work/playstation" and works really well for both music and TV as well as FR-speakers for various instruments (KPA included). Despite being designed as near-field speakers they are capable of filling a bigger space. I have occasionally been using them for sound-mixing at home and haven't yet experienced any anomalies in recordings processed with those speakers when I take my work back to the studio when I listen through speakers 20 times more expensive. I would most certainly have missed a few details in a mix if the speakers were less linear than they claim to be.

i've heard this before. These are good monitors.