Is there a new kemper being developed?

• Hello friends,

I was telling my buddy about the new KPA (green unpowered lunchbox) I got, and he asked why I got a new one when 2.0 is in development and will be completed soon.

I didn't believe that, so I went online and saw a few threads speculating but nothing concrete.

I don't necessarily want an official press release or affidavit on Kempers behalf, but unofficially, is there any truth to the new version being developed?

Is there a reasonable or feasible time estimate for when another Kemper would be made or released?

I for one doubted the veracity from my friends source because you know how any rumor can start, but im curious nonetheless because it has been out for quite some time and axe already released its second version. (I mentioned Axe because Fractal is the only company that made an amp almost/as close as the kemper, and I mean that as a compliment to axe in the highest regard)

Thanks for your input or guesstimations.

Cheers

• I don't necessarily want an official press release or affidavit on Kempers behalf, but unofficially, is there any truth to the new version being developed?

No. What we heard from Kemper is that they plan the current profiler generation to have a very long life span.
    I think your friend got fooled or is fooling you. ;)

• +1 to all of the above.

The Kemper team has repeatedly stated that they have more features planned for the current iteration of the profiler, and as they aren't exactly known for showing their hand (whatsoever!), I wouldn't trust any rumours on the Interwebs...
    It's not official, until it's official!

Cheers,
    Sam

• This is what many people became. Demanding new version every year. :( Doesn't matter that they don't need it. They must have it, because N+1 is more than N. You know, more stripes means more Adidas :P . I like the opposite: If it works, then don't change it. And KPA works with each new fw better and better. :thumbup:

• They haven't even released the footswitch for the first one yet!

How can they already be working on a second! LoL!

no worries....your friend is just being "consumed"

Needless to say, how much better can you get then perfect?

• No. What we heard from Kemper is that they plan the current profiler generation to have a very long life span.
    I think your friend got fooled or is fooling you. ;)

excellent, you can always count on Ingolf and Paults to have top notch info and I am very glad that a new Kemper is not being developed, I just bought this one.

• I dont think its necessary to make a new verson, because they still refine software for the current profilers.
    It would be great with a dedicated footcontroller tough!! The FCB1010 is great for my use!

• CK has stated that there is a lot of headroom for further processing on the current hardware-platform. It is therefore unlikely that the hardware will change any-time soon. Faster processors and improved DSP's will eventually make it reasonable to upgrade the platform, but my guess is that it will take at least 3-5 years before we see new hardware.

• The Kemper team wouldn´t do itself any favours by pumping out a new kemper now. First of all - the current version is selling like crazy as far as I know - so theres no financial reason to do it. Then - as mentioned here before - there is still a ton of stuff they probably want to implement in the current version to make it the ultimate tool. And the next thing thats going to come out is the foot-controller.

And just look at it from a logical standpoint: What would a KPA2 do better than a fully upgraded and perfected KPA1? A better profiling process? As far as I know this could probably be done with the KPA1 aswell. More effects? Yeah....but releasing a new KPA which main functions (profiling and recording) are on the same level as the previous version but with more effects just doesn´t make any sense.

• To be fair, he is an AVID AXE supporter, so I think after piecing all that stuff you said together (the software and etc,,) he's just trying to convert

i don't want a 2, I think the life span on thus us 10+ years,

Does anyone disagree?