Kemper 2.7.0 VS Axe Fx II XL 16.02

• Recently I found myself wanting either a Kemper or Axe Fx II and doing all the research and listening to sound samples that so many people have done and posted about.

This won't be a long review - I just wanted to encourage anyone going through this process to try both if possible in your home for a week or so at least before making your decision. No amount of research in the world can compare to your own trial. No time trying anything in the store can compare to trying it at home with your own guitar and peaceful environment.

In my case, I had my heart set on a Kemper but actually found the Axe Fx was the unit I preferred once I had a chance to compare the two. That doesn't mean I am saying one is better than the other, but for me and my taste I have made my choice with confidence - and I am excited about moving forward and where this new purchase will take me.

I would like to give insight on how to perhaps approach this. I decided the evaluate the Kemper first because if you order through Musicians Friend or any site like that they typically give you 45 days to evaluate where Fractal only gives you about 10 days. I will say too I got a much better deal on the Kemper - I got the amp head version with the power amp built in for $2357 with no tax and free shipping. Watch for those 15% off deals and learn to negotiate - these sellers will try to fool you but they can apply it to anything - put on your poker face and bluff if you have too. When I placed my order with Fractal for the Axe Fx II XL - I didn't get any discounts and they even made me pay $30 for shipping. No wonder they don't go through normal distribution channels.

Keep rocking dudes. Take opinions as opinions. Realize there are 1000 or more variations to recorded tracks and videos you try to use to compare. These units get updated constantly - one major firmware revision jump can essentially give you an entirely different unit tonally. Do your research and learn your unit ahead of time to maximize your time with it and compare things you like and you choose which one works for you. Compare side by side if you can - don't try to remember what the other one sounded like - be able to A/B them.

It sure is an exciting time to be a guitar player. Just imagine what some of your iconic guitar heroes did with what they had - and what they could do with one of these.

• Do not speak of this axe fx on kemper forums. In our area of kemper worship, axe fx talk is blasphemy and is punishable by death! You get one warning, after that, the kemper army will be forced to lock you in a room for 6 months with a line 6 spider amp!

• Do not speak of this axe fx on kemper forums. In our area of kemper worship, axe fx talk is blasphemy and is punishable by death! You get one warning, after that, the kemper army will be forced to lock you in a room for 6 months with a line 6 spider amp!

You forgot the Smileys, to show you are joking :)

The OP wanted Audio over USB, for one thing. He asked about that a couple of weeks ago.

• Recently I found myself wanting either a Kemper or Axe Fx II and doing all the research and listening to sound samples that so many people have done and posted about.

This won't be a long review -

I think you actually forgot the review part. You talk about how you bought each but nothing in regard to what you liked and didn't like about each. But thanks anyway for your brilliant insight. ?(

• Hi all,

I don´t had the same opportunity that you have compare both units, but after reading and reading and ear a lot of recordings I chose Kemper, And HOLY GOD Thank you.

I got my Kemper 2 days ago, and when I turn it ON a smile in my face comes and I realize that was the right choice.

There are more than 5000 profiles on Rig Manager, so many different sounds and 90% are usable...

NOTE: There are more people that change the Axe for the Kemper than people that change the Kemper for the Axe :) this means something no ?

This is my opinion
    Cheers

• Uh-oh...

Don't want to look rude, but this kind of attitude won't take us far...
    No need to measure up with others, let everyone be happy with what they chose! :D

... Even tho I must admit I can't see the reason to open a thread here to write that a different unit has been preferred... This is not a general music-related forum :|

• If your comparing axe ii and kemper you don't get the point of the kemper: get yourself the axe ii in that case

(ps KPA is a real tube sounding digital amp, the axe ii is an amp modeler and effects unit. If you want the best sounding and most variety of amps it's the kemper, if you don't mind sacrificing tone because you drench your horrific
    ltechnique with fx, the axe is for you , by extension the axe is for most people lol)

• u know I didn't read the op because the thread title alone was all I needed to give the accurate answer I gave, but this is spam

it starts and ends like a poorly recorded review, then skips the review in the middle, just to say the axe is better

first of all wrong forum, go tell this to the kids at fractal, which is where you're from if you forgot. Finally, read my previous post and remember : a kemper is the only and best of its kind and in its class (the axe is so inferior there's 6 versions, to one kemper, mind u with variants of shape and power amp)

axe sucks dick nimbas