Justifying you're choise.

• I don't have to justify it. I'm not a professional musician so why would anyone care what I use for my own personal pleasure? If I were a professional musician I'd probably justify it by going "I'm a professional musician. I run and in fact am my own successful small/big business earning money by making my own decisions in the field of music. Sorry who are you and what was the question again?".

Would you justify owning an amp or a guitar to another musician? You have to explain why you bought something to an irate loved one wondering where all the money went, or to yourself if you're suffering from buyers remorse. But to other people? No way. This ain't a religion, I scrimped and saved and bought those suckers for myself, they represent the blood sweat and tears involved in making the money to buy them, that's my choice, I already justified buying them when I entered the shop.

• Yeah, sorry guys, as english ain't my mother language I prolly shouldn't have used the "justify" word in the thread.
    I was just a bit pissed off at my friends, because for them it seems that you have to be an tubeamp player to be a 100% authentic guitarist.

Seems a bit lame to me :)

gear>kemper rack-atomicCLR-fcb1010-espViper400-gretschJet-Firebird-7

• Yeah, sorry guys, as english ain't my mother language I prolly shouldn't have used the "justify" word in the thread.
    I was just a bit pissed off at my friends, because for them it seems that you have to be an tubeamp player to be a 100% authentic guitarist.

I am a tubeamp lover but also like my Kemper! :)

Sound is the proof... no words needed.

:D

• Justify is an ok word, seems like you are under scrutiny for your choice of gear Onosnd, lol.
    I play tube amps also, KPA, doesnt matter what, really if i like it.

Sound is the ultimate justification, like has been mentioned here a couple of times.
    "Authentic" sounds a bit exclusive to me, dont pay attention to it.
    Many guitarists did not like amplified electric guitar sounds when they came out too.

Don't worry anout any of that stuff....
    Just plug in and play, and lay down some amazing tones--guitars in cases don't melt faces :)

• [quote='Gandalf_The_Blond','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/17233-Justifying-you-re-choise/?postID=181375&#post181375']Justify is an ok word, seems like you are under scrutiny for your choice of gear Onosnd, lol.
    I play tube amps also, KPA, doesnt matter what, really if i like it.

Sound is the ultimate justification, like has been mentioned here a couple of times.
    "Authentic" sounds a bit exclusive to me, dont pay attention to it.
    Many guitarists did not like amplified electric guitar sounds when they came out too.

Don't worry anout any of that stuff....
    Just plug in and play, and lay down some amazing tones--guitars in cases don't melt faces :)[/quote

:D LoL! I will.

gear>kemper rack-atomicCLR-fcb1010-espViper400-gretschJet-Firebird-7

• Kempers not a modeller though,its a whole new thing . actually not so new now......

I hate it when people say this - the Kemper IS a modeler by definition (it doesn't have any tubes in it does it?) it uses A/D,D/A, and DSP to achieve a sonic result that reproduces a (usually analog) source sound that it is trying to replicate digitally - the very definition of digital modeling!

The big difference between the Kemper and other modelers is how you describe the sound you are seeking to recreate to the modeler. In the case of all modelers other than the Kemper this is done by the user listening to the sound they wish to recreate and then attempting to use a technical library of DSP sound algorithms and parameters to recreate the sound they hear (A very difficult process).

Whereas in the case of the Kemper it "listens" to the sound you are trying to recreate and then programs itself using algorithms and parameters just like the other units but with the wonder of it doing the programming itself by listening to the amp stack and how it responds to signal variations (far easier and more accurate and might I add VERY COOL!).

• I normally justify it with a bet... it goes like this.
    back up to the loading docks, we race our rigs to the stage, sett'em up, sound check for three songs completely different genres of music, one metal, one blues, one country. FOH sound tech decides the winner...I'm normally swingin about the time he gets done tuning for his first Crazy Train lick..LMAO!!! But seriously don't bother justifying I went through letting a well known artist hammer on mine early on in sound check watching him light up while playing away and then knocking it afterwards...the FOH guy said his rig couldn't touch what he sounded like on my Kemper. so that ended the justifying for me...cheers smart Kemper bros!!!!

• I was just at my local music shop and I played around with a bunch of Orange and Mesa Boogie heads. Yes, they are nice, but in my opinion not better than the Kemper's tones. I wasn't sitting there thinking I'm missing some mystical tube amp experience by not having one. If I truly wanted one I would buy one on the spot. And if anything the Kemper is better because you're getting the sound of a driven amp at any volume or even with headphones, whereas with a tube amp you really need to blast it to get a nice dirt tone. Not to mention 1 amp vs. 6,251 according to my Rig Manager!

• CHOICE *

and kemper makes the best modeler, everyone and everything is digital, you have thousands of amps/rigs and a plethora of recording and live performance options , ultra portable (lunchbox) AND NO TUBES TO CHANGE lol

• Wait....this thing does NOT have tubes? When I bought mine the Kid at GC said it was all Tubes on the pre-amp side....thats why I made my "choise" over all of the other "modelers" on the shelf.......LMAO. Oh boy....."Redneck humor"