Want some Bass Envelope

• Hello.

I am really new to BASS playing.
    I found some videos about MXR 82 Bass Envelope and felt in love.
    I want to get this sound with the Kemper Amp.
    Did anyone tried something similar ?

so long.

• sort of? :)

this effect is simply a filter that is controlled by the amplitude envelope of your instrument.
    you can use the Wah Wah, Wah Low Pass (probably the most common filter for this application), Wah High Pass and more.

just set Pedal Mode to 'Touch' - and it's envelope controlled.

from the manual:

"Touch
    This mode resembles the classic Touch Wah behavior, where the depth of modulation is controlled by the picking strength, and is available for all Wah effects. As with the regular Wah pedal, the “Range” parameter controls the intensity of the Touch effect. When “Touch” is engaged, three more parameters are added to the effect, that you can access by pressing the right Page button:

Touch Attack
    Controls the speed of reaction to the guitar attack.

Touch Release
    Determines the rate at which the effect falls back to its rest position.

Touch Boost
    Use this to extend the scale of the Range parameter. You will also notice, when “Range” is low, but “Touch Boost” is high, you can push the intensity up to a ceiling, that can be useful for certain effects."

The Touch setting is available for all effects named 'Wah...', so make sure to experiment with the others (Phaser, Flanger, Ring Modulator, etc...), too.

:)

• Hello.

Wow, thanx for the very fast response.

@Lokasenna the advice using a compressor helps a lot. Without it you have to get really hard into the strings to get some response from the effect.

@DonPetersen I will try some of your tips regarding WAHWAHs. I think its all about arranging 'touch parameters'.

So long...

• actually, it's much preferrable to use the Touch Boost parameter instead of a compressor & gate.
    these things can really mess with the nuances of your sound if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

set Range to get the uh... range of the effect, use Boost for easy adjustments and then shape the attack and release.
    it's pretty straightforward, really. ;)

• ">

sort of? :)

this effect is simply a filter that is controlled by the amplitude envelope of your instrument.
    you can use the Wah Wah, Wah Low Pass (probably the most common filter for this application), Wah High Pass and more.

Fair enough. It's been a while since I played much filters, so all I can remember is that "Envelope" and "Auto Wah" presets in effect units aren't quite the same. Good to know.