Rhythm-solo swith on kemper with Unoforkemper... Help!

• Hi,

I have a Kemper profiler, a Behringer FCB1010 with Unoforkemper rom
    installed, and everything work OK, but I am trying to figure how I can have a
    “booster” to up volume in solos without sacrifice one slot on kemper. Finally I
    have a good idea, but dont know how I can do: the Kemper have assigned the CC#7
    for volume pedal, (0 value is minimum and 127 is maximum), well, if I configure
    the volume pedal in the pedalbord to send only a value from 0 to 100 and
    configure a button on pedalboard to switching between values of 100 or 127 to
    CC#7, then I have a “solo booster” function on Kemper without assign any booster
    on slots. In theory this will work OK, but I dont know how I can configure the
    Kemper/Behringer/UNOforKemper to make it works.

Can anybody give to me any help on this?

Thank you very much

• Put the boost in one of the slots and save the default rig with the boost pedal off. When solo time comes just press the stomp and activate the boost. I use slot X for my boost if I am not using a another slot for a rig for solos that has maybe more boost or delay.

• I know that I can use any slot for a booster, but for rhythm/solo booster it must be in the post-amp slots, and I always use a reverb, delay, EQ and many times a Mod effect, so I have no place for a booster on post-amp slots. The method that I suggest dont use any slot and will work. :)

• ... I am trying to figure how I can have a
    “booster” to up volume in solos without sacrifice one slot on kemper...

Put the boost in one of the slots and save the default rig with the boost pedal off. When solo time comes just press the stomp and activate the boost...

:/:/ Sorry, I couldn't resist. :/:/

I use different slot for soloing, because only volume boost isn't enough for me - I need boost before a rig to raise gain, volume boost after a rig and some delay and chorus. Switching within different presets seems simplest to me. (I know, still not answer to your question).

Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it.
    Laurence J. Peter

• Unfortunately you can't do this with Uno4Kemper, as it's specifically programmed to function as directed in the user guide; it's intended to be as user-friendly and plug-and-play as possible.

Cheers,
    Sam

• Either way, there's no way to activate a boost without taking up a slot, unless you have an analog box that you set up behind the Kemper.

One thing you could do is use a volume pedal for this, though it is going to be a lot trickier than using a boost. Why not just have another performance where the volume is raised which you switch to with a similar press of the button?

• Doesn't have to be a performance necessarily - but performance mode was designed with applications like these in mind.
    I like a boost/dirt pedal in front of the KPA for a solo boost too.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• If you need a boost only in particular Rigs you could consider leveraging the parameter Volume Pedal Range.

Volume Pedal Range is a bipolar parameter. On the negative side (from -5 to 0) you could limit the minimum volume level at heel position. -5 is default and providing full volume range from 0% to 100%. However on the positive side Volume Pedal becomes a booster!!! At +5 the Volume Pedal could add +24 dB. This is a rig-specific setting and works with any MIDI pedal sending CC#7 as well as an expression pedal directly connected.

• I had an FCB1010 without anye chip and was able to set one of the expression pedals up as a volume pedal and limit the range during preset programming, I set it something like 110-127 instead of 0-100 but don't quote me on the numbers. Hopefully you can do that with the Uno chip.

• I had an FCB1010 without anye chip and was able to set one of the expression pedals up as a volume pedal and limit the range during preset programming, I set it something like 110-127 instead of 0-100 but don't quote me on the numbers. Hopefully you can do that with the Uno chip.

This. It really helps to be able to programme your midi board, which I feel is a shortcoming of the U4K chip, which prevents you from doing this.

Did you digest my earlier reponse? You can limit the range of Volume Pedal by Rig using the parameter Volume Pedal Range within the Profiler Rig Menu!
    A Range of -1 might get close to a limited MIDI control change value range of 110-127.

Much more convenient than handling this within a footcontroller and available with any footcontroller incl. U4K.

• My statement was a little without context. You can definitely do a lot with the U4K chip, but I think the stock chip has advantages. It just takes more programming knowledge.

Both have advantages and disadvantages. The major disadvantage of the stock chip is its limitation to 100 presets. There is no practical way to adress and use all 625 Slots in Performance Mode. And it couldn't memorize different pedal settings for more than 100 Rigs, which is not a lot if you want to organize yourself in songs and musical scenes. Conceptually U4K overcomes this 100 preset limitation by memorizing only global settings and leaving the rest to the Profiler. Plus U4K stays in sync with the Profiler. It's a bit an apples and bears comparison.

• Both have advantages and disadvantages. The major disadvantage of the stock chip is its limitation to 100 presets. There is no practical way to adress and use all 625 Slots in Performance Mode. And it couldn't memorize different pedal settings for more than 100 Rigs, which is not a lot if you want to organize yourself in songs and musical scenes. Conceptually U4K overcomes this 100 preset limitation by memorizing only global settings and leaving the rest to the Profiler. Plus U4K stays in sync with the Profiler. It's a bit an apples and bears comparison.

That's a great summary. It's the tradeoffs that make something like the Remote seem like the ultimate board to get for the Kemper.

Burkhard, given that we can assign multiple FX to expression pedals with 3.0, will we be able to tailor the range of the expression pedals in a way that heel and toe would be 0 and 127 for one FX and 127 to 0 for the other? (Since the Remote doesn't use midi, this could just be read as max to min and min to max). This is a big request from some of the users ^^