Big difference with POD HD 500 ?

• Hello, i'm an old POD user, it works great but with years it sound false and plastic to me. I tried an laney 400 euros tube amp, sound worst than the POD with distortion, maybe due to the bad CAB and even so i can't get the tone i want with. I tried so hard to get Petrucci tone with the POD, but even with crazy EQ, effect, the POD have this plastic sound that make you think you'r playing with a toy...

So, i listened some youtube video about the Kemper, ans it seem's to be a great tool. In other side the Axe fx sound great too, i don't know really which is the best for my use, i never play outside, just for me in my room and i actually love it, so almost of the time i play with AKG headphones or monitoring stuff...

Did this kemper worst 1500 euro, is the sound quality really better than a POD ? i'm dreaming about petrucci tone and Joe Satriani etc ( whisfull thinking, glasgow kiss ) only VST gave to me that kind of tone... is the kemper able too ?

Thanks you

Edited once, last by 4Kings ().

• Thanks! did i need a power amp like Matrix to play the Kemper ? By default the kemper have some amp in ? thx

• Welcome - Kemper is in a different league to POD HD - you will be very happy with it - you will only be limited by your playing rather than the plastic sound of Line 6 or similar. Kemper is better than any VST I have tried. You can buy a Kemper with a power amp inside but that is not a default - that is an option.

• So, i listened some youtube video about the Kemper, ans it seem's to be a great tool. In other side the Axe fx sound great too, i don't know really which is the best for my use, i never play outside, just for me in my room and i actually love it, so almost of the time i play with AKG headphones or monitoring stuff...

I just got hold of a kemper and used to own an axefx2. To my ears the KPA is definitely better in terms of giving you the feeling that you're playing a real amp. The AFX can sculpt amazing studio tones, but strongly biased toward heavy metal IMO. I recommend the kemper for your purposes.

• As some one that has had Axe Fx Ultra, Played with Axe Fx 2, Have the PODHD500X and the Kemper Power Rack version, I can tell you that the Kemper blows all of them right out of the water, I now use the PODHD500X for the midi controller for my Kemper, go with the Kemper, it is impossible that you be sorry. trust me.

• The claim to fame is that you can compare Kemper profiles to the real amps and can't tell them apart. Try doing that with a POD! The Kemper is expensive, but it is professional gear. They have been continually adding new features with firmware updates. I used to use Digitech pedals, and their users were constantly complaining about problems not getting fixed and hoping the next model would be better. On this forum, everyone seems to just be wishing for new features to get added. With the Kemper Profiler, the features are added via free firmware updates. The people who bought their Kempers when they first came out have the same features as those who buy a new model today. The current firmware version is 2.7.4, version 2.8 is being tested, and we're expecting another big release to support a new Kemper foot controller called the "Kemper Remote". I'm a new owner, but I'm liking the interface a lot. I spend more time playing and less time fiddling with the options. When I make changes, it's so much faster and easier than anything I've ever used. If you can afford it and want to spend more time playing guitar and less time trying to figure out settings in the Axe Fx, I think it's a no-brainer.

• The Kemper is awesome and well worth its price tag. Quite a few Petrucci fans on these forums and a few covers of DT songs in the Links to your Music section. Check them out, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

And yes, better than the Axe FX as far as tone goes. They're more organic and the FX are nothing to shake a stick at either.

• I can tell you the kemper is miles apart from line6 stuff. I had a vetta for 11 years I thought it was the bees knees. Then I got the kemper and there was no comparising. To get the most out of your kemper you have to find the right profiles, and for me commercial ones from TAF are the best. So search and try loads of profiles and you will find the right one for you :)

• only VST gave to me that kind of tone... is the kemper able too ?

Kemper is definitely able to! Anyway, you might as well consider using VST's if they already give you the tone you're looking for. Might save you some bucks 8) if you can stand the latency.

• Hi,
    My old mix with my POD HD PRO

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3 Presets: http://www.brickwall.pl/pod_hd/POD HD sevenstring org HIT.rar

My eq suggestion :thumbup:

[Blocked Image: http://www.brickwall.pl/pod_hd/eq_gitar.jpg]

Have Fun! and then buy Kemper! :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

• Lots of gain on that.

• Hmmm, not for me :thumbup: The same DI and Bugera 333XL+Hesu cab

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

• Hmmm, not for me :thumbup: The same DI and Bugera 333XL+Hesu cab

Stay Metal!

Damn sound so great ! :saint:

• Thx Man! check my Free MRP Pack :thumbup: and Trirec_Mesa profile

External Content www.youtube.com

Stay Metal!

• Thx Man! check my Free MRP Pack :thumbup: and Trirec_Mesa profile

External Content www.youtube.com

Stay Metal!

Are you really playing those AMP with the kemper ? is there EQ, effect post edit, or i can get this sound in my headophones using the kempers and your profiles ? cause honestly it's like heaven !