Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

• Liam,

The profiles are done, these are HAWP-15 profiles.
    I wanted to make both full and DI profiles but time was short so I only made DI profiles.
    If you or anyone wants to merge cabs into the DI profile I would suggest using one of the other HAWP profiles that most closely matches the gain and tone settings for best results.

Question, which firmware version are you using to audition these DI profiles? There seems to be some mystery surrounding the new profiling method but I'm pretty sure that the new DI profiles are compatible between 2.8 Experimental and 2.7.4 Release, and 2.7.4 is actually newer and it's an official release version so I would suspect that it's the firmware to use at this point if you are using the new DI/Merged profiles.

Anyway, the profiles are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lz1…4xTl9AtsoQxe5YEx38Ma?dl=0

• Thanks Tim didn't expect anymore than the Direct profiles to be honest. Plenty of cabs in the selections already I can merge with so thanks again!!

I'm using kpa_firmware_20141128_1904_svn10549_beta --- (2.8) and have had no problem using your direct profiles at all. How I've been working is taking your direct profile adding my fx then re-saving with a new name, which saves the rigs in the new 2.8 format. They will no longer appear in rig manager once I've re-saved due to them being saved under 2.8. I could if I wanted to however re-save with the new hidden profile button turned off and it will save in the old 2.7 style format and appear in rig manager as normal. Either way their appears to be no issue using 2.8 with the direct profiles.

• Regarding the Smallbox profiles, you can tell the overall tone is definitely from the same mold as the BE-100 and if I didn't know different I would have just assumed they were more BE-100 profiles with different settings.

The Smallbox sounds a little warmer and smoother no doubt due to the power amp running 50 watt rather than 100 at the same settings. I think the Smallbox voice sounds closer to the Voice Switch R than L but it seems a little fatter in the low mids, and smoother/warmer than both the BE voicings, however I find the BE to have more clarity with the same settings. It isn't exactly as if the voicing is somewhere in between the two to me definitely leans more to the R tonality to me.

Another great amp clearly.

• Liam, I'm finding that these latest DI profiles are quite a bit louder than the previous DI profiles. Have you noticed that?

I have just downloaded, I will try then tonight after work and let you know. I didn't notice the Phase 14 directs being any different in volume but I'll check again when I try the new ones you have done for me.

• Yes Tim, I have found they sound say 1db or so louder to me than the Phase 9 Direct Profiles you did for me. Not sure how they are louder but they aren't causing any clipping and sound outstanding to me.

The last set Phase 15 Direct profiles you did for me are the best yet, That extra 1 on the bass control, taking the bass from 6 to 7 was perfect, just a little extra weight and warmth without muddying the bottom end. 8 was just a step to far for me as I suspected. I can't see how this can be improved upon now.

My favorite profile and now my entire live set up bar clean tone comes from the profile:
    H15D HBE6 B7M7Ms3-5
    Which is: HBE Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 7, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5

[/b]I will say this is the best guitar tone I've ever had in my life for me personally and that is the honest truth. I knew from the moment I heard Phil X's demo of the Friedman BE-100 it was the amp with the tone I'd been chasing over the last year when I decided I needed something other than your 5150/EVH 5150 type amps I'd been using for years. This profile is the exact tone I had in my head.

• I finally tried these last night. For Marshally profiles, these are the best I've tried. Stunning! Especially Liam's aforementioned favourite. The merged version is going straight in to my live pool. Tim, you're a diamond!

As a side note, I tried importing from USB in 2.7.4, but they weren't recognised. I had to upgrade to the 2.8 experimental version before they showed up (I even tried pressing the secret button in 2.7.4 to no avail). Also, through my cab I noticed that the DI and Merged profiles sounded different, even though cabs were off on monitor out. Does the new firmware disable cabs automatically through monitor out? If so, I guess I was engaging CabDriver, even though it isn't needed in this instance, or...?

Cheers,
    Sam

• thank you very much Tim for having done other sets of profiles and also thanks to meambobbo for the "reverb seminar" :thumbup:

I have little time at the moment, I have scrolled through them quickly but will try them thoruoghly during the weekend..

• I finally tried these last night. For Marshally profiles, these are the best I've tried. Stunning! Especially Liam's aforementioned favourite. The merged version is going straight in to my live pool. Tim, you're a diamond!

As a side note, I tried importing from USB in 2.7.4, but they weren't recognised. I had to upgrade to the 2.8 experimental version before they showed up (I even tried pressing the secret button in 2.7.4 to no avail). Also, through my cab I noticed that the DI and Merged profiles sounded different, even though cabs were off on monitor out. Does the new firmware disable cabs automatically through monitor out? If so, I guess I was engaging CabDriver, even though it isn't needed in this instance, or...?

Cheers,
    Sam

Yes Sam I noticed also and have with any merged profiles even my own that I've tried that once merged and played back though a real cab (I always have cab driver disabled in the settings) the merge profile does sound a little different to the Direct Profile, usually the merged profile has a little less clarity and treble, whether this will be perfected come official 3.0 release I'm not sure.

• Yes Sam I noticed also and have with any merged profiles even my own that I've tried that once merged and played back though a real cab (I always have cab driver disabled in the settings) the merge profile does sound a little different to the Direct Profile, usually the merged profile has a little less clarity and treble, whether this will be perfected come official 3.0 release I'm not sure.

That was exactly my experience too. The DI(rect) profile was very fizzy compared to the merged, which sounded positively awesome. I must just say, that profile works extremely well when turning the gain down on the KPA too, although totally clean wasn't really to my taste (I like a bit of Fender or Vox chime). Bit of hair though, and it's the nuts! Nice one!

Cheers,
    Sam

• Tim, I have been following this thread and downloading some of the profiles into rig manager and trying them out. I gotta say your profiles are excellent. A lot of the requested settings are not my cup of tea and my ear started playing tricks on my while going through all the various profiles. So last week I went to NAMM. Couple days before I stopped in the Guitar Center on Sunset and the platinum room had a bunch of Friedmans. BE, Smallbox, Dirty Shirley and the Jerry Cantrell(which is excellent. Clean channel is amazing). Played them all. So today I revisited this thread and noticed the smallbox profiles. So I downloaded the BE and small box profiles you put up. Those profiles are fantastic and pretty much spot on to how I would dial in the amp. Both are exactly as I remember the real amp being. I am really hoping you get around to profiling the clean channel on the smallbox. Especially with the gain turned up to 4 or 5 so its clean with a little bit of bite. Thanks for doing this. I am going to try these out at my next gig on the 21st,

• Tim, I have been following this thread and downloading some of the profiles into rig manager and trying them out. I gotta say your profiles are excellent. A lot of the requested settings are not my cup of tea and my ear started playing tricks on my while going through all the various profiles. So last week I went to NAMM. Couple days before I stopped in the Guitar Center on Sunset and the platinum room had a bunch of Friedmans. BE, Smallbox, Dirty Shirley and the Jerry Cantrell(which is excellent. Clean channel is amazing). Played them all. So today I revisited this thread and noticed the smallbox profiles. So I downloaded the BE and small box profiles you put up. Those profiles are fantastic and pretty much spot on to how I would dial in the amp. Both are exactly as I remember the real amp being. I am really hoping you get around to profiling the clean channel on the smallbox. Especially with the gain turned up to 4 or 5 so its clean with a little bit of bite. Thanks for doing this. I am going to try these out at my next gig on the 21st,

Alrighty then, lets profile the clean channel of the Smallbox, check out this thread: http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…Lets-make-some-profiles/?

• Thanks everyone for participating in this thread, it has been fun and educational to say the least. I'm going to take a break from the BE100 but I'm still open to requests, so please let me know if there are any other settings, mics, speakers, etc. that you want to try with the BE100 and we'll get it done. In the mean time I'm going to make some profiles of the Friedman Smallbox because my main gig requires some edge of breakup/crunch tones and I'm hoping that I can find some nice tones in the Smallbox that will fill this need.