Expression Pedal Review Thread - please post your reviews here :)

• Yes , when you are in the menu setting what you want your pedal to do, the LEDs will move around the value knob as you move the pedal position.
    Stupid me I didnt have wah selected in the stomps.
    It works now. Thanks

• Yes , when you are in the menu setting what you want your pedal to do, the LEDs will move around the value knob as you move the pedal position.
    Stupid me I didnt have wah selected in the stomps.
    It works now. Thanks

Glad ya sorted, never noticed the LED thing before. Learn something new everyday :) "Every day is a school day" as they say

• I bought the Dunlop Volume(X) to be my dedicated exp volume pedal. Works great.
    I'm curious if the Mission EP1-KP is worth the extra dough or if there are equally good expression pedals primarily for exp WAH on the KPA. Thanks!

• If you've got an old Crybaby lying around, I'd mod that. It's super easy and will give you a pedal that rivals the Mission one, which is basically just that (I have both, by the way).

Cheers,
    Sam

• "If you've got an old Crybaby lying around, I'd mod that. It's super easy and will give you a pedal that rivals the Mission one, which is basically just that (I have both, by the way)"

Hi Sam, I do have a crybaby. How do I mod it? Thanks, Billy

• I have a cry baby 535q and it's not the same as the tutorial. So I found the mod by myself, here it is:

[Blocked Image: http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/361250IMG0937.jpg]

I soldered it directly without disasembling anything, i'd be worried about reassembling it correctly.

Green goes to ring (with a 1k resistor)
    Blue goes to sleeve
    Black goes to tip :

[Blocked Image: http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/667789IMG0946.jpg]

The good thing is the wah still works perfectly when the jack is not plugged.
    Alternatively, for the expression pedal to work well, there must be no jack plugged in the wah.

If I find myself happy with this setup I'll drill a hole next to the output jack and install the expression jack permanently.

• Hi,
    I still need one (or two) exp pedals... and have just NO idea, what that technically is and what I should buy.
    I would like to get one, which I can also use with my normal amp as normal volume pedal (probably in the fx loop).
    Are there exp. pedals, that I can use with my kemper as exp pedal as well as with a normal amp as a volume pedal?
    For me as a noob, the DVP 3 looks like as it should be usable for that - however, I would not be angry, if there is a cheaper option...
    Sorry, if this is a extremly numb question...
    Best regards

• I wanted a cheaper option too, so picked up a Moog EP-3. It won't work with your amp as a volume pedal, however.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I went the budget route using the M-Audio EX-P, I use it mainly in the studio without any shoes on and it works just fine. It is pretty sturdy plastic so i'm sure it will cope with the level of gigging I give it.

• I went the budget route using the M-Audio EX-P, I use it mainly in the studio without any shoes on and it works just fine. It is pretty sturdy plastic so i'm sure it will cope with the level of gigging I give it.

I have one of these too, but figured I needed something a bit sturdier for gigs.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• This may be the cheapest approach to a dual-use pedal:
    http://www.strymon.net/2011/10…l-as-an-expression-pedal/

• Thanks!
    Great input! Maybe the idea paults posted is a nice way to go... Also I dare to drill a second hole in the pedal and put a dedictaed exp-out... Soldering should not be a problem.
    Really great input!
    CU

• I have used a "Y" cable, the 2 mono jacks go into the "in" and "out" jack sockets of my EB Jr 250k volume pedal and the stereo jack into the KPA (and later into my remote). Inside the stereo jack casing I soldered a tiny 27k resistor between the tip and the ring contacts. This brings the maximum resistance seen by the KPA down to about 24k, which is within the KPA impedance range as against the standard 250k which is presented by the pedal without this modification and well outside the KPA range.

I think the resistor could also be put inside the pedal across a stereo jack socket in place of the existing tuner jack socket. Then an ordinary TRS cable could be used instead of the "Y" cable. (EDIT: The stereo jack socket would need to be the "switched" type, so that the resistor would be out of circuit when the stereo socket was not in use).

The pedal of course also remains quite useable as an analogue volume control and the whole cost has been about £5 (Great British Pounds) for both the cable and the resistor.

I am pleased with the full range result for volume control and wha. The potentiometer inside the pedal is an audio taper where an expression pedal would have a linear taper. I believe the additional resistor in the "Y" cable modifies the analogue taper and gives useable control over the whole pedal movement.

Paul

Edited 2 times, last by PCB ().