Expression Pedal Review Thread - please post your reviews here :)

• AMT Electronics EX-50 mini expression pedal arriving in a week or so to use with the remote arriving tomorrow!

Anyone tried this one?

I don't have experience with many expression pedals but I am impressed with this one. Very small. Tiny actually, and works very well with the Kemper.

In addition to both TS and TRS connectors it has a switch to invert the operation.

[Blocked Image: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8714/16583019468_dc91765e9b_c.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8721/16769513902_b7941397d6_c.jpg]

• I'd be scared my fat #@$% would kill that tiny little thingy... LoL!!!

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• I'm starting to lean toward a DVP-3 AND a Mission for Kemper expression. :)

but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• I'm starting to lean toward a DVP-3 AND a Mission for Kemper expression. :)

@GLiDE-BPM - Both are indeed great! But be advised, they're also very BIG pedals.
    I having a dickens of a time finding a manageable size pedal case.
    Kinda like a Goldinglocks deal. (either too big, too small etc.)

Still... the feel and performance are a good value for the money.

Happy Kemper

• I have plenty of real estate when the Kemper Remote gets here.... :)

• I'm talking about the dedicated KPA-themed pedal, but yes, my point was that the switch is probably redundant when using the pedal with the Remote, especially in a one-pedalled set up, where it's to control both volume and wah.

Cheers,
    Sam

Sambrox:
    After reading through some of this thread, it sounds like I can use just one pedal for volume and way. When you use the switchless model and the remote, how do you change it from wah to volume and vice versa, is that within the patches you create? I wanted to better understand your point as my Remote is coming soon and I'll need some newer pedals. Thanks in advance for your reply.

• @djazz
    You could do that using one of the FX buttons on the Remote (I-IV) or by jumping to a rig with the wah engaged.

Kemper have stated that if you have Volume to Wah enabled with the intention of switching between the two in the same rig using the switch in the EP1-KP, that it doesn't work as you'd think and as such isn't supported. Another user posted about this. The problem is that when switching back from wah to volume, the KPA doesn't latch until you've reduced the volume to zero (ie the heel position on the pedal). This is actually fine for me, but some use the volume pedal like they would the volume control on the guitar, meaning they'd be stuck on full-on gain until cutting the signal completely.
    Hope I explained that clearly enough!

Cheers,
    Sam

• Sorry to bother you with a stupid question...
    I cannot geht my DVP 3 to work as it should.
    Want to have it as a volume pedal as long as no wah is active, and as wah if wah is active.
    What I did so far:
    1. tried both inputs in all combinations
    2. In system midi I set wah to volume
    3. In rig I activated volume pedal with a value other than zero.
    4. In system I choose pedal type 1, wahwah

What I get:
    At the beginning wah worked, but no volume change at headphone out.
    After the second day trying I get a wah and volume simultaneously. Don't want this: when wah is"up" (toe) volume is zero...

Sorry, I know there are several threads and a good section in manual.
    Still, I am too stupid to get it running... What do I oversee?

In addition: my kemper crashes each time I want to save the rig... (Fw 3.0)

• Trs cable, from expression out to kemper. Tried both expression inputs.

Do you also have an idea, what is wrong, if the pedal changes wah and volume at the same time?
    Still at work...

• No idea what could be wrong. ?( The hardware connection seems correct.

Do you have any other expression stomps active, apart from the wah? Like the Wah Pedal Booster, perhaps? This does the same as the global volume pedal, but as a dedicated stomp... It's the only way I could think of that volume and wah could be controlled at the same time, because (if I'm not mistaken) with "wah to volume" set, the global volume pedal should only be controlled by the expression pedal if there are no expression stomps active.

• OK, I will definetly check, if I chosed the wrong wah pedal - sometimes I AM damn stupid.. Good hint - would not have thought of that.
    I think I got some really good input from you! I will check everything. If it does not work, I will reset the kemper.
    Something is strange anyway, because each time I save a rig, kemper crashes...