KPA footswitch vs other footswitches

• In another thread, they have indicated the faster rig switching is a new software feature that will work with all MIDI controllers.

That would be great. I was talking with regard to my own experience with a simple midi controller. Absolutely seamless switching on the Kemper, whether I use PC to change performances/profiles or whether I send a CC message to turn on or off a stomp. It's almost instantaneous, with no gap in sounds. I could record a video if anyone doubts that fact.

Having learnt that the Remote uses a different protocol than midi though kind of makes me hope that there will be better things to come from the Remote. It is likely that it could do things that a normal midi controller can not as a result. Still aching to see some demonstrations of this however.

• My Kemper is supposed to be here Wednesday. I will be using my GCP as well. I am totally a midi rookie. Was the GCP easy to set up and set instant access with the Kemper? I got it figured out for my Eleven rack so I assume the process is similar.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line at [email protected] - used a GCP with my Kemper for three years, can probably help you set it up if you had any questions or problems.

Pete

• If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line at [email protected] - used a GCP with my Kemper for three years, can probably help you set it up if you had any questions or problems.

Pete

Interesting your name is Pete. I actually found a very good post on the Pete's Profiles site that walked me through it I got it set for 4 preset mode and all the Instant Access buttons assigned. Well the ones I wanted anyway. Did the tap tempo work ok?

• Interesting your name is Pete. I actually found a very good post on the Pete's Profiles site that walked me through it I got it set for 4 preset mode and all the Instant Access buttons assigned. Well the ones I wanted anyway. Did the tap tempo work ok?

Can you link me to that page? Got the GCP too, and stuck with it until I get the KFC, so I'd like some quick & easy guide to set it up :)

• Pluses of the Kemper Remote for me:

- One single cord for power and 2-way communication (no more power supply + 2 MIDI cables)
    - Optional expression pedals (for some shows I don't need any, and for some I need more than 2)
    - Small (I have the GCP and I like it but it's a bit clunky)
    - Seamless integration with the KPA (display, stomps, looper, etc)
    - It's just fricking gorgeous (I like my gear to look great ;)

• I'm running a Axess FX1. As the Voodoo Labs Ground Control (as sayed) :
    - I can access more performance slot rigs than I could ever use, and program the additional switches for any of the Kemper effects.
    - I have one switch for a dedicated tap tempo, one switch for boost, other switches free....
    - I can program whatever name I want to call the rig, and have it show up on the controller screen.
    - I can program by PC or Mac

It's a very strong device, phantom powered, Neutrik connection....

Despite all this features, i've ordered the Profiler Remote yesterday, so why ?
    - You can assign more than one CC to switches or pedal.
    - And you can assign some parameters, very difficult for MIDI newbies like me if these parameters are different of standard (reverb, delay, gain...).
    - All the parameters of the rig are under your eyes...

(Sorry for my poor english...)

• Cool! I'm happy with my ground control pro, but I think the remote will make me happier. :)

Hey Pete. Are you using any expression pedals? If so are you going to the Kemper or through the GCP? I have a show Monday and obviously the Kemper remote won't be here yet .

• One big plus for me is that the effects will be color-coded to match the background color on the KPA. I read that in the manual and thought that is what was missing for me when using the HD500 as a midi controller. It's helpful to know what effects are available as stomps. Downside for me is the lack of a built in expression pedal... At least have a volume pedal, no? But I get the lack of space for the volume pedal if they designed it to fit in the same bag as the KPA.

• One big plus for me is that the effects will be color-coded to match the background color on the KPA. I read that in the manual and thought that is what was missing for me when using the HD500 as a midi controller. It's helpful to know what effects are available as stomps. Downside for me is the lack of a built in expression pedal... At least have a volume pedal, no? But I get the lack of space for the volume pedal if they designed it to fit in the same bag as the KPA.

According to Ingolf, it doesn't fit in the Namba bag. But I'm sure people will find out solutions to tote around the Kemper and the Remote in a single bag.

I agree, the colour coding will be extremely helpful. I hope the LED rings are colour coded as well, rather than just those LED lights.

• Hey Pete. Are you using any expression pedals? If so are you going to the Kemper or through the GCP? I have a show Monday and obviously the Kemper remote won't be here yet .

Sorry buddy, didn't see this in time. I'm using two expression pedals - plugged into the GCP so I don't have to lay a long Cable run from the Kemper. Mine is set up so one is always a volume, one is a Wah or Whammy pedal depending on the profile.

• Sorry buddy, didn't see this in time. I'm using two expression pedals - plugged into the GCP so I don't have to lay a long Cable run from the Kemper. Mine is set up so one is always a volume, one is a Wah or Whammy pedal depending on the profile.

Oh no worries man. I have the Kemper remote on the way whenever it is finally released to the masses. Until then, I need to get this guy figured out.

• My Kemper is supposed to be here Wednesday. I will be using my GCP as well. I am totally a midi rookie. Was the GCP easy to set up and set instant access with the Kemper? I got it figured out for my Eleven rack so I assume the process is similar.

Midi programming is always a PITA... programming the GC just takes some time and patience. The problem I have is when I need to go back and change something a few months down the road, and have to re-read the manual to remember how to do everything.... I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a KFC sooner rather than later, just for ease of use, if nothing else.

Bringing music to the people.... one dirty little club at a time! :thumbup:

• Midi programming is always a PITA... programming the GC just takes some time and patience. The problem I have is when I need to go back and change something a few months down the road, and have to re-read the manual to remember how to do everything.... I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a KFC sooner rather than later, just for ease of use, if nothing else.

Exactly my thoughts on this i dont have a GC but when I first got my FCB with the behringer chip in I tried to programme some stuff and it was a PITA so you have to think how much is your time worth. I just want to plug, push a button and play, not program anything