Tested out Line6 relay G30 on the gig yesterday!

• I am very satisfied with my Senheiser ev300 wireless in.ear system. Its very expensive so i have used a simple cable for my guitar. i Tryed some cheap wirelwss some yers ago, but that was colouring tone and made signal delay. so it was unusable! On the gig yesterday i tried out the Line6 Relay G30, and i was very surprised about no delay and no difference from using a cable. the price is quarter the price of the Senheiser! At monday i am going to the music store and buy one!! Kemper and G30 worked very well together! :)

• its just as a stomp box. i will just fix it inside my rack when i got one. no antennas. Just a cable from the box to your input. very simple in use and no programming. quality feel does not match Senheiser products, but i dont care as long as the it sounds perfect. I did not notice any diference in sound either in my in-ear or trough PA or my Yamaha DXR

• I've been using the Relay 30 for years. It is a very reliable, non sound colouring unit. As for diversity/non- diversity, i NEVER had one drop out with it.
    There's only one downside: The battery compartment of the transmitter will break sooner or later, it is really built like a toy.
    I bought the transmitter that belongs to the G50 series as a spare/supply. This is much more rugged and built from metal.
    http://www.thomann.de/de/line6_tbp_12.htm

• Using it for almost a few years now without any problem except some channel crossing with other musician. Last year we started to play a smaller location and there i ran in trouble.
    Got some dropouts. We investigatet the place and our only conclusion is that this location is studded with WLAN-Hotspots. The G30 works around 2,4GHz like the most WLAN´s.
    So be careful with WLAN´s around. Don´t know if it works the same with the G30. With the Mics from Line6 you can leave the Mic off and only the receiver is on. So you can switch trough all chanels and see were the biggest indefferences are. I would recomend a view into the manual.

• Great device! The only problem I got in several years of use was in a very loud outdoor acoustic gig where I experienced a lot of feedback so I finally got to use a cable. But I assume that the issue was more from the environment than from the device itself. Using any wireless system with an acoustic guitar at very loud volume is always difficult I would say.

• G90 is the rackmount version.

G30 has a plastic bodypack casing, and the G50 & G90 have a metal casing.

Much sturdier, but I had a 50, sold it, and now have a 30, and there is no difference other than the metal casing.

But they are relatively cheap to replace if anything was to happen, so it's not a huge deal.

NO signal degradation whatsoever to my ears, amazing for live use!

• Using it for almost a few years now without any problem except some channel crossing with other musician. Last year we started to play a smaller location and there i ran in trouble.
    Got some dropouts. We investigatet the place and our only conclusion is that this location is studded with WLAN-Hotspots. The G30 works around 2,4GHz like the most WLAN´s.
    So be careful with WLAN´s around. Don´t know if it works the same with the G30. With the Mics from Line6 you can leave the Mic off and only the receiver is on. So you can switch trough all chanels and see were the biggest indefferences are. I would recomend a view into the manual.

been getting a lot of dropouts lately with the G30.
    depends on the gig.

• I was happy with my G30, no tone loss or dropouts except occasionally, upgraded to the G50 for the metal housing and had nothing but problems. Maybe a defective unit, had it repaired at my expense even though it was during the warranty period (said they couldn't replicate the dropouts, unit was unusable so I threw it in the trash), customer service from Line6 is horrible. I have a Senheiser XSW72 rack unit now and couldn't be happier.

• Played a lot of gigs with the g50. Not rack mountable, but i bought a 1hu rack shelf and just fixed the receiver with velcro at the very front.

Never had dropouts on any size stage. But i'm curious. How do u use your in-ears? Just your own guitar sound and the rest from stage monitors, or a mix?

• Not sure what's causing dropouts with the G30.
    Works fine at home or a small club but the bigger venues are a problem.
    I did a audio quality shootout between the G30, Sennheiser D1000 and A 12 foot Mogami Platinum cable.
    I recorded into pro tools then compared them flipping the solo button.
    The G30 adds a bit of super highs. If you engage the cable emulation its cut down a bit but still not exactly the same as cable.
    This is not good after meticulously tweak rigs with a cable.
    The Sennheiser is just about exactly same as the cable.
    I hate running thru 9volt batts on the Sennheiser!
    I am very curious about that Shure GLXD.
    The Shure has a great rechargeable battery.

Edited once, last by ECma7 ().

• How do u use your in-ears? Just your own guitar sound and the rest from stage monitors, or a mix?

Definintely do do a monitor mix tailored for you and your in-ears, otherwise you won't be happy.
    You need a mixer and feeds from the other instruments, at least a stereo sum (which you can mix with your own instrument to your liking), but better individual feeds more more options.

• Definintely do do a monitor mix tailored for you and your in-ears, otherwise you won't be happy.
    You need a mixer and feeds from the other instruments, at least a stereo sum (which you can mix with your own instrument to your liking), but better individual feeds more more options.

Thanks!