Kemper Remote Vids

• Let's post all Kemper Remote vids as we find them! I will post them as they come in starting at the top of this thread.

Another review of and thoughts on the Remote - nice job Tony Mckenzie!:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here's the latest review and walkthrough - thanks Skyhighrocks:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here are the first videos from NAMM 2015...

Here's a video demonstrating Looper functionality:

Edited 4 times, last by Amaze-B ().

• Here's another one in Japanese about the Remote in general. Really love the Single Cable connection... But again, in Japanese:

Good video from NAMM of CK himself describing the KPA for newbies. Scroll to 3:30 to check out the Remote:

Here's another NAMM video... No demo of the remote, though they start talking about it at about 3:06. However, there is a good demo of the direct signal without the speaker cab:

External Content m.youtube.com

Here's yet another video... nothing new here, but thought I'd share anyway:

Edited 4 times, last by Amaze-B ().

• Here's another from Audiofanzine. This one has Mr. Kemper himself explaining how the Kemper Remote works.

• I had the opportunity to use the Remote yesterday at NAMM, and while it is amazing and the looper is the best I have used, it just underwhelmed me a bit for the price.
    I will be sticking with the FCB for now unless the price comes down by $200 or so.

• I had the opportunity to use the Remote yesterday at NAMM, and while it is amazing and the looper is the best I have used, it just underwhelmed me a bit for the price.
    I will be sticking with the FCB for now unless the price comes down by $200 or so.

I don't understand the contradiction? If it's amazing and the looper the best you've used, why are you underwhelmed? Do you really think the price is too high for a piece of highend gear made in Germany (not China)? Would you rather have the production outsourced to overseas to get a cheaper product in the end?

Really?

• The build quality is excellent, but for me personally, I can't justify the price just to have a looper and sturdier box.
    Plus, I would then have to buy 2 expression pedals, so total price would be over $800 for me when the FCB is $150 all inclusive

I found the looper and tuner for MY needs were hard for me to get to and engage, and the performance mode/stomp buttons were hard to engage as well while wearing shoes, and I wouldn't be comfortable to use those live.

A little too small of a footprint as a whole for ME.

Don't get me wrong, the Remote is amazing- just for those on a budget, it is not something that I feel I have to have right now.

If money was no object, I would probably buy one.

• First of all, I will surely order a KPA Remote Controller, but yes,i also think that the price isa bit too high
    :- two shaped metal sheets (+ painting and stickers)
    - 12 foot switch
    - a bunch of Leds
    - a good LCD
    - a small microcontroller with ethernet support
    - some connectors
    => less than 200€ to produce it here in europe

And the R&D ? The KPA is an Awesome piece of engineering (software and hardware), but the remote ... it is just 12 buttons, 30 leds and an LCD screen.I guess reserving the looper for remote user is probably a way to justify the buy.

• First of all, I will surely order a KPA Remote Controller, but yes,i also think that the price isa bit too high:- two shaped metal sheets (+ painting and stickers)- 12 foot switch- a bunch of Leds- a good LCD- a small microcontroller with ethernet support- some connectors=> less than 200€ to produce it here in europeAnd the R&D ? The KPA is an Awesome piece of engineering (software and hardware), but the remote ... it is just 12 buttons, 30 leds and an LCD screen.I guess reserving the looper for remote user is probably a way to justify the buy.

You could say that about the kemper it's just buttons a metal case and an LCD screen, but its more than that the design and ergonomics of how it functions have
    been well thought about and I'm sure the remote has had this kind of R+D put in to it. I personally think it's going to be worth every penny just for the pure and simple integration.

• Not forgetting the software programming and integration with KPA, now and in future firmwares... R&D and proprietary software programming and debugging isn't a trivial matter or expense. Just look at how long it's been in development for! Honestly...

Cheers,
    Sam

• Even though I have pre-ordered the controller the minute I was emailed, I find vablow's comment fair enough.
    There are some people who can't afford or don't want to spend this amount for the controller. Again, even if it would sell at 200 there would be some who wouldn't be buying it.
    It's good for all those friends that there are other cheaper options, which help to enjoy what the KPA offers sound wise.

• Cost of wages, premises, manufacturing, R & D. Etc etc. Makes me laugh when these people are walking
    round with a £500 phone in their pocket and whine about a £5 button.

Dedicated foot controller, with free looper, On order, can't wait!

Ezergeezer

• You could say that about the kemper it's just buttons a metal case and an LCD screen, but its more than that the design and ergonomics of how it functions have
    been well thought about and I'm sure the remote has had this kind of R+D put in to it. I personally think it's going to be worth every penny just for the pure and simple integration.

No I couldn't : as i said, the KPA is a great piece of engineering (well done mechanic, well designed hardware (especially the analog part, very clean, system software is great (a very good job over the user interface)... and last but not least : the DSP part ! AWESOME.

The remote : it is just a microcontroller that relayes switch information to the KPA... and displayes some from the KPA... nothi,g to compare with the genius inside the kpa