FRFR - EV ZLX-12P vs JBL EON612/EON610

• Not sure of the model, it was around 2 years ago, not sure the 612 was out back then.

I ask because I once had one of the older EON's and got rid of it quickly. However, these new ones look to be a different animal.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Played a gig today with the KPA through the ZLX-12P I borrowed from a friend..actually it did a good job as monitor.Had it in the "live"-modus and with -7db on the bass(0db treble)..

I had a lots of fun on stage.It did a good job.I honestly dont know a single (sound-)reason why I should not buy one of these instead a FRFR which costs at least as double as much as this one.Yes,you have to handle this issue with turning down the bass-frequencies.Not a big deal at all.Once you find how much you have to turn down the bass everything works fine.I did not miss any Mid-EQ at all.For this price this EV is really a very good deal.

The only really negative thing I noticed is that these EV-FRFRs have some really very sensitive "skin".I really did not "throw it around" but after the gig is has 2-3 more scratches I have to explain to my buddy,, ||

• I had the ZLX-12P for a few hours at home where it sounded not so good at low volumes.Then I took it to a rehearsal-test with a drummer and a bass-player where it did a good job together with the very cheap JBL-PA-boxes.While this single rehearsal I did the necessary tweaking by lowering the bass at the ZLX and trying it with several completely different profiles (TJ-Superlead 6,TAF-Matchless,TAF-CarrS6,TAF-Rectifier,Mengho-JCM900,Deadlight.5150III etc)..the profiles at the KPA did not any tweaking besides the Reverb/delay mix.

Then at the (rather loud) live gig it convinced me.I did not changed a thing at the EV and I heard everything I needed to have also "some fun" on stage.The EQ at the KPA was exactly the same as I did with my tannoy sys800 studio-monitors.

Actually this was that conviced me that you can do the job with these rather cheap FRFR´s.For some 350 euros is it a great deal.Nothing more nothing less.

I will also try other FRFR´s (The Yamahas and maybe some EONs) but right now it is hard to believe that for example the DXR is worth double the price for the only reason you need 5 minutes less tweaking.