Multiband Drive/Gain (Like Randall Satan or the Fatal tube Pedal)

• Some pedals like the Amt Fatal Tube have it an now also the Randall Satan

I would be so great to have three gain knobs within the amp section to shape the gainstructure ( Gain of the highs/mids/lows ) , and the normal gain knob could act as a master gain ... just like on the Randall satan ... this would be so great ! do you agree with me?

if not, try the satan or the fatal tube and you`ll fall in love with that feature :)

• If you mean the following:

1. Seperating 3 freq bands
    2. Gain for these 3 Bands PARALLEL
    3. Mix down of the 3 (distorted) Bands to a mainmix

Would be great, and if that does not work with the KPA-AMP-System, maybe such a multibanddistortion as stomp would work?

so
    +1

would be completly different from EQ-"Position: Pre"

cyu!

• @ck
    Nice hint. But the Definition swaps the distorsion from a bassdistorsion (Definition 0) over freqs equally wheigted (Definition 5) to highs wheigted distorsion (Definition 10).

That´s the right direction.

But
    Master Bommel asks for a 3 band disto, but Definition is a one knob solution. (ohhhh.... Definition 0 is so sweet for Santana Boogie Sounds).

Imagine (or remember) the Bass-Distorsion Pedals which let´s the bassfreqs undistortet. And now something for the gits: both (or better 3) bands are distorted (seperatly) [independend]. Total control. The separated bands distort to different harmonics and so on. Controllabel (for example if you only want to distort lows and highs but NOT the mids).

Maybe you know it: check out the FAB Filters "Saturn" VST-Plugin. This one can distort in seperate bands. Thats something different ("Schon was anderes :)"), you even have a 4-band-eq for every separate band to get in control of all the harmonics :)

sorry for clumsy writing. Hit the wrong button and had to write all this a second time.

by the way, do we already have a Bassguitardistorsionmodule in the Kemper?

goth thx to ck for kempering us all!

p.s.
    all my words above are some assumptions. I understand that Definition 10 is very much like a multiband disto, but it´s not fully controllabel.

p.p.s.
    Better example:
    We try to get something like this:
    distorted bass, undistorted mids, distorted highs
    that´s not achievabel with definition

• After watching Ola Englund demo the Randall Satan ages ago, I've become a pre-EQ fanatic. May not be quite the same, but for now the metal equaliser before the stack module does the trick!

• or, you could just change the amp EQ setting to 'pre' ;)[/quote]

Yeah have tried that, doesn't have the range I like unfortunately. A shame too that you can only have one or the other in regards to the stack EQ. Maybe a feature request?

• Some pedals like the Amt Fatal Tube have it an now also the Randall Satan

I would be so great to have three gain knobs within the amp section to shape the gainstructure ( Gain of the highs/mids/lows ) , and the normal gain knob could act as a master gain ... just like on the Randall satan ... this would be so great ! do you agree with me?

if not, try the satan or the fatal tube and you`ll fall in love with that feature :)

After looking at the Fatal Tube and the Satan I also believe that they feature some sort of pre-distortion eq, not multiband distortion.

The concept of multiband distortion isn't exactly new, Craig Anderton came up with the Quadrafuzz when? late 70's to early 80's I think.
    After that there was the Steinberg VST plugin with the same name and many others (Predatohm, Ohmicide etc.)

I always felt that while in theory exciting, the results of multiband distortion on guitar (to quote you guys "distorted bass, undistorted mids, distorted highs" "hazy lows, roaring mids and shimmering highs...")
    were surprisingly underwhelming.
    I have an Exar Squeezer pedal (and many plugins), that do just that - three different distortions for three frequency ranges - it's not a bad pedal at all, but the results of multiband distortion taken to it's extreme
    (clean this, distorted that) sound not too appealing (and I do love weird distortion/fuzz), and the more subtle ones simply sound like old-school single band distortion. :)

My point being:
    Even though this concept has been around for decades, I don't see much of an appilcation for guitar - it's mostly used for drum processing in dubstep or industrial stuff ;)
    feel free to prove me wrong, tho :)

to add clean signal to distorted sounds:
    The Profiler does have the Parallel Path feature, though, which allows you to split the signal. One goes through stomps A and B only and the other signal goes through stomps C, D, STACK and EFFECTS.
    This feature can be activated in the RIG menu, page 4. The Parallel Path Mix parameter is also located there.

Or you can mix in the DI with the Direct Mix feature in the AMPLIFIER section.

• well i actually love the quadrafuzz xD because especially with highgainsounds one main problem is the balace of highend fizz and noise and having leand sounds ... and distorting just the mid frequencies while rolling off the gain a bit on the highs(8k or 9k and above, or just the small ugly area of 5k) and bass(onlybelow120hz) can sounds very clean, at the moment i record always the mainout and the direct out from the kemper simultaneously to mix these to together afterwards ... this does the trick but i had the fatal tube and this is really really great ... another thing to use is a tubescreamer wich adds this fizz but then you have to balance it with the amp gain and so on. have you tried the fatal tube? oder the randall satan? i really recommend it! :)