Kemper KPA vs. Axe-FX II (Yes, another one...please read!)

• So now we have 3 posts, saying that everything is said :P
    Is this any better than sharing opinions which someone already shared?

Edit: Okay, I get that some posts here really are not what mbrown3 wanted this thread to be.

• Great forum and great product, Kemper!! Try your new one out and decide. I love the thing and also have nothing bad to say about Fractal or users of it. Use what you like and what makes you happy. This is not a typical thread on this forum as denoted by some of the Senior members. I wish you the best in whatever decision you make.... :thumbup:

• Amazing isn't it, in 2011/12/13/ they told us how much better the AXE was than the Kemper, now we're told by the man himself that up to 2014 the Kemper was better than the AXE. :)

I actually thought that was a classy post from Cliff. He didn't bash the Kemper at all (in fact complimented it) and acknowledged his bias. Again, I'm not factoring in past history, because I have no first-hand experience with it. So far, my experience with him has been good.

• Yes, I also want to say that ive heard Kemper use the term snapshot before. Its important to realize though, that the "store snapshot" feature is just saving all the settings on that patch at that point in time. Referring to profiles as snapshots is kind of true. As said youre capturing the amp at thise settings and the cab/mic in that room with that mic position. But you can tweak the profile. It will be authentic for mild to even medium tweaks, but will eventually veer away from the real rig. However, i would still say you have to do some extreme tweaking before things sound fake or cheap

• Also regarding Cliff i think many of the things people dislike about him I actually like. For instance he did a test where he showed the kpa was aliasing (back when it was), but at the same time showed that the pod hd did not. Obviously theres a bias, but he didnt just make stuff up. He ran tests and shared the data. Now, you can argue the test wasnt done right or the conclusion has no bearing on the musicality of the kpa, but i think its valid and ultimately kemper fixed the issue.

That Cliff "rips off" his competitors i consider a very good thing. I wish kemper would "rip off" the pod hd's reverbs and delays!

I dont like Cliffs attitude in general but that might be more about trying to respond in the forum quickly. CKemper has similar one sentence responses I often find a bit "short", but knowing his personality from other sources, Im sure its more of a reading into it type of thing.

I think its amazing that both Cliff and CK spend as much time on their forums as they do.

• I have friends that own the axe fx and they like it. Great what ever you need and like to get the job done. But I have to say I feel the Axe fx is way over priced and you can only buy direct or you can pick up a used one.Where I feel the kemper has the Axe fx beat is the basic guitar sound. Listen, I'm new to the Kemper unit but I profiled my amp and it is the exact same sound,amazing..At first when I was using other people's profiles it was good to ok to bad..Now that I profiled my own amp I am 100% happy . I am sure there are guys who love the Axe fx and get great sounds but for me the Kemper was the unit that interested me the most. The other thing that really bothers me with the Axe fx is the constant updating-no... really the next update is going to be the bomb..no.. until the next update comes out.

• Last, a word about the two communities: I am a member over fractal as well. The way some talibans there can try and crucifix you is unheard here. And, should it happen, the community and the mods would redact the guy. The main reason is that, while Mr. CC takes profit of any means (be it fair or not) to bash the Profiler, no-one in Kemper Mothership would event think of such a "strategy". Please note I'm speaking of facts I've personally witnessed.

Just to tell a short story, around Axe's FW 4 (or something) general excitation, I dared to write that surely future FWs would have make the device sound even better (I was praising CC's attitude towards neverending improvements). I was quite stoned (sadly not in the sense of a joint) by a couple of guys because - in their sick and poor minds - I was implying that the sound was not perfect 8|
    OTOH, at every following FW update there has been the usual chorus of "ohs" and "ahs" and "now it's really IT!", and "I don't see how it would get any better now" and "100% real". I guess this is still continuing... That's why we have coined the "120% realer" expression :D

Not for me, thanks :)

I've been an Axe fx owner for many years like many on this forum and so many with me think that the censorship and Cliff's behaviour is completely unacceptable when it comes to business ethics and this is something that always should be discussed when it's brought up. Never censored like on FAS or TheGearPage. Exposing such behaviour is the only way that can make it stop. Many have never seen such unprofessional bad behaviour from a company CEO before. Many including me like the Axe-fx but simply don't want to have anything to do with the company.

As many have posted several times, even before the the Kemper was released he's been using FUD, fear uncertainty and doubt, to change the oppinions of potential byers so they will doubt another product. Such behaviour from a company CEO is illegal and can cause big legal problems.
    FUD info history https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt

Anything from how his kemper is not workin properly, how profiling is old and simple, how it's inferior to the axe and users shuld be aware, making up how kemper has lauched a campaign against fractal , to direct lies about kemper specs. Just a few examples, not even including all from TGP or FAS.
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…oduct-This-sounds-insane/?
    2013 jan 7. "Any Kemper users here" Post 44, page 3.
    Cliff quote: "Kemper's dirty little secret is that internally it only runs at 22.05 kHz."
    http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…-kemper-users-here-3.html
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…below-LOW-even-for-Cliff/?
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…ency-content-above-11kHz/?

Every fw for the Axe fx 2 since the kemper was released 3 years ago has been marketed to be superior and said to be 120% realer, it will continue like that forever. Cliffs aggression is fueled by the competition and not having profiling technology and that so many have switched from fractal to kemper, including several bands. The two products will never have the same sound and feel and features since they have completely different technology (profiling vs modeling) and algorithms and programming.

Such personality doesn't change so what he's is doing now is commonly called company Damage Control, since bad exposure is not good for PR for a company.

The censorship seen on the fractal forum is also closely connected to what we see on TheGearPage (The TGP owner is the fractal PR guy for many years, works +20 years with marketing, fractal beta tester & moderator) Cliff has been exposed many times on the web forums but on TGP such exposure is censored and fractal is protected. Threads get censored and deleted and users get banned and suspended for flame baiting when posting the facts. Nobody is allowed to expose him on TGP, it will immediately get censored and dealt with.
    TGP completely denies that any of this has ever happened and many posts and threads are deleted.
    TGP also introduced a script preventing google history thread search to prevent further exposure.
    Many users started saving the threads, since they knew they would soon be deleted.

The hardcore censorship and desperate control of users on the fractal forum and also the connection with TheGearpage is remarkable and nicely summarised in this funny humorous satire interview:
    Fractal Axe Fx Cliff Chase & Scott Peterson announce new NSA censorship software
    http://www.ultimatemetal.com/f…-censorship-software.html

Edited 5 times, last by orko ().

• Enough with the character assassination folks!

This has little to do with the questions posed by the OP. And is beginning to sound a lot like the behavior that you are complaining about when done by other folks.

Cease and desist!

Moderators ,please close this thread before it gets any uglier.

• As for me, the answer is quite simple: this goes on the Net, and no-one from Fractal can delete it. Search engines will find it.

On a side note, it was a bit I could not seem to log in onto Fractal forum. Note that I never wrote there anything aggressive or negative about the product.
    The funny part is that when I followed the last link orko supplied, I came across the following:

Pretty sure I've been banned on the Fractal Forum. I have no problem browsing through it until I log in. Then, and every single time I've tried, I either get a "server too busy" message or a blank white screen that goes nowhere.

Having being sized by a sudden curiosity, I tried and went there again but through a function that hides my identity: I can read the board!

Speechless.

• Cease and desist? Ask mods to close thread?

No!!!!!!

If we cant even expose cliff's censorship on his main competitors page, then where? Nobody is stooping to name-calling obnoxious rudeness, just sharing their experiences...

The OP already has all the info he sought, plus hes gonna try out both units.

• Also im not saying that anyone should or shouldnt buy an axe bc of cliffs behaviour, but it is something to be aware of. Maybe it will affect your decision or not. It prob wouldnt affect mine - i want the best product for the best price. I feel i got that with the kpa. And that i sent my money towards ck makes me happy - its an added bonus. I genuinely like ck - hes an awesome guy.

• This is exactly what I was going to say (except the "close this thread" part, lol)...it seems like a few folks are doing the same things about Cliff that they accuse him of doing. I very much did not want this thread to veer into that territory. For all of those that have posted helpful info, thanks...keep it up. For those that want to complain about the competing product/company, please refrain.