Midi controlling strymon big sky

• im curious if any big sky owners out there using it with the kemper and controlling it via midi ? Anyone using fcb and uno 4 kemper ? Anyone know how this could be incorporated ? Currently only have a blue sky which I love but no midi. If I sold it and acquired big sky. I'm wondering if I could set it up to turn on loop and say go to a favorite on big sky via uno 4 kemper with one of stomps

• i am on the point at buying a Big Sky :P , i'm also on the list for the k.remote due delivery at the end of april... Now own a GCP and that one is sending out MIDI commands that should work with the Big Sky but.. it's one of my big concerns if it will work with the k. remote eg. will there be a possibility to send MIDI signals when changing a rig, so the Big Sky will change a patch too..

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are"

• With 3.0:

Transmitting MIDI Commands in Performance Mode
    MIDI commands can be triggered and transmitted to up to two external devices, whenever a Slot is loaded in Performance Mode. Select “MIDI Settings” on page “Slot Settings” and select the MIDI program change numbers associated with Slots of current Performance. In System menu, navigate to page “Perform Mode: MIDI”, and use soft knobs 1 and 2 to assign a MIDI channel to each of the external devices. Use soft buttons 1 and 2 to determine whether the corresponding external devices are connected to MIDI OUT or MIDI THRU.  As soon as you select MIDI THRU to transmit MIDI commands by Slot the Profiler will stop forwarding incoming MIDI data to MIDI THRU. For your convenience you could also assign logical names to those two external devices.

• Yeah I have a gig Sat. night then plan on going to 3.0 and start loading performance mode. Someone 2 order numbers away from me got thewre shipping email 3 hrs ago , so hopefully mine will ship early

• Transmitting MIDI Commands in Performance Mode
    MIDI commands can be triggered and transmitted to up to two external devices, whenever a Slot is loaded in Performance Mode. Select “MIDI Settings” on page “Slot Settings” and select the MIDI program change numbers associated with Slots of current Performance. In System menu, navigate to page “Perform Mode: MIDI”, and use soft knobs 1 and 2 to assign a MIDI channel to each of the external devices. Use soft buttons 1 and 2 to determine whether the corresponding external devices are connected to MIDI OUT or MIDI THRU.  As soon as you select MIDI THRU to transmit MIDI commands by Slot the Profiler will stop forwarding incoming MIDI data to MIDI THRU. For your convenience you could also assign logical names to those two external devices.

Thanks Paults :thumbup: i receved my Big Sky, going to try it tonight at home.. Am i getting this right, this is only works for performance mode?

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are"

• Leading on from this - is it possible to have only the post stomps affected by changes in performance mode? So if I locked the distortion section and just wanted my 5 slots to be different mod/reverb delay settings (using the loop and midi control) to my damage control glass nexus - is that realistic?

• Leading on from this - is it possible to have only the post stomps affected by changes in performance mode? So if I locked the distortion section and just wanted my 5 slots to be different mod/reverb delay settings (using the loop and midi control) to my damage control glass nexus - is that realistic?

Of course! This is absolutely possible.

• With 3.0:

Transmitting MIDI Commands in Performance Mode

Thank you! I will be giving this a try tomorrow.

• ...but... if you make a rig with the strymon in, and then, for the next show, you move the performance, your strymon's patchs must be done again because, you can't edit the midi map of the strymon's pedals.

Nothing would need to be changed on the Strymon. If you move the Performance Slot, the Slot will still send the same programmed MIDI channel and program change to the Strymon.

• Nothing would need to be changed on the Strymon. If you move the Performance Slot, the Slot will still send the same programmed MIDI channel and program change to the Strymon.

Paul 1-0 Warlus1

Paul, you 're right, i 'm wrong. your tips works ! ! ! Thanks i didn't know it !

But question.
    in case of it's the strymon who sends PC# to the kemper, do you know a tips like yours?