The funny crazyness about Fractal products :D

• Sorry if you feel I am sidestepping your thread but if I was to say any of this in the "other" thread, the shitstorm would continue. Besides this is making fun of others in another forum. Once again, not that I mind or care. I am just curious where and when the line is drawn.
    Actually even now after people have gone back to topic, there are still some running with it and keeping it alive.

I will step down now.

Peace

• My friend, I did not offend anyone here nor am engaging a fight with another member (regardless whom started it). I could just guess that this is most probably where the line is drawn.
    Sorry if you don't perceive the difference, I'm afraid I can't explain it any better.

My philosophy: no matter how aggressive or immature people are, you need at least two to start a fight.
    Some people seem to feel and act as if they still were in the '800's Far West, and they feel the need to defend their family, heir honour... or their caws.
    Always trying to have the last word, specially when one doesn't have anything smart or constructive to say, seems to me a legacy from a wild (and dead) past.

Peace to you too :)

• Back on topic, I can totally understand the call for a rack unit! Pros like Steve Vai only use the Axe for effects anyway, and the floor unit would just mean more pedal board real estate and possibly trying to integrate it into an existing switching system. Not that crazy, dare I say... ;)

Cheers,
    Sam

• But the rack unit already exist, it's the Axe FX II?... Did I miss something? maybe there is some confusion here between the FX8 (only FXs) and the new anounced AX8 (kind of strip down Axe FX floorboard)? If we talk about FX8 then I agree with sambrox that a rackmount version would make sense. If we speak about AX8, then I would say that the rackmount version already exist since a while now! ;)

• I feel that the AX8 is a direct response to the released of the Atomic Amplifire

It sure is a direct response to the new Atomic Amplifire $599 since users are not allowed to discuss that product on the fractal forum.
    https://www.facebook.com/atomicamps
    It's suggested Fractal will likely lose revenue and sales of the Axe fx 2 since they will sell a compromised product at slightly lower cost.
    Some quotes about it on the Atomic thread on TGP from speaker guru Jay Mitchell (he's not staff for Atomic).

"Or an unintentional self-inflicted gunshot wound to the foot."
    "Has anyone given any thought to the effect of those things on Axe-Fx II sales?"
    "Even taking account of the true meaning of "aggressively priced" - ca. $1600?"
    "Now that Cliff has made the announcement, my money says that quite a few folks who would have purchased an Axe-Fx II will instead choose to wait for the AX8 to become available. Until the new product is available - which experience indicates will be quite some time - Fractal realizes zero revenue from those people."

• I just visited the Fractal website to see what the ax 8 is about, it's effects only. But what really got my attention is their humbuster cables. Going from xlr to ts is there as long as I am using cables, only diff is trs instead of xlr. So they call it humbuster, or am I missing something.

• I just visited the Fractal website to see what the ax 8 is about, it's effects only. But what really got my attention is their humbuster cables. Going from xlr to ts is there as long as I am using cables, only diff is trs instead of xlr. So they call it humbuster, or am I missing something.

FX8 = FX only

AX8 = some amps and some FX...stripped down versions of each. At least that's my understanding

I am intrigued by the AX8. Looking forward to trying it.

Now if only Kemper would release something similar..

• Before I bought the KPA, a year ago, or even before I knew it even existed I came across the Fractal Axe line. I didn't look too deep.
    It was the effects that got my attention on YT videos.

I went to order the Axe but they wouldn't have any for a couple months so in the mean time I watched more videos online about it and that is when I came across the KPA in a Kemper VS Axe video.

This is how I got the Kemper. Not because I felt it was better in any way because I have never heard either one of them in person.
    But because the Kemper was in stock. I can be very impatient at times.

I am quite happy with the KPA but I still have not heard an AXE in person. So I will not worry about the other side of the fence unless something turns me off in this camp. ;)

Since the recent posts about Fractal on some threads here, :D I found myself looking over there to see what it is all about. During my excursion over there I see the FX8. Just the effects.
    Perfect.......maybe.

Since I am not too impressed with the Remote deal and the fact that the Kemper does not go as far as the Fractal effects apparently do, this may be perfect for me.
    The effects that I originally was drawn to in a stand alone. It says it has a 4 min looper too. I still would want to see deeper on what its specs are.

Maybe it is not such a bad thing to ban threads about competition. Hey it got me over there. :thumbup:

At this point the link to get on the list is not working so I will just have to watch for it.

• quote, "Maybe it is not such a bad thing to ban threads about competition."

If specific gear is not allowed to be discussed in the off topic or other gear sections on forums, then that is very wrong.
    I would never want this or other forums to become censored and controlled like the fractal forum.

I hear ya.
    I wouldn't want it either but there can be a downside for companies.

• I see it as a strenght.
    I think the downsides of censorship and bad business ethics are much worse in many ways since very bad PR and reputation affects revenue and sales a lot more. The Internet is free to search for products and it can't be censored from users who search for info. Consumers will buy what they want anyway.