Looper is working through MIDI, KPA Team made it available in 3.0.2 Public Beta:)(UPDATED 26.03.2015)

• Maybe they'll open the feature for midi in the future, but (as someone already pointed out) that might leave them in a bind regarding the people who have already purchased the remote.

It's a pickle :)

I wouldn't mind at all. On the contrary. I'd love it if they added something they never promised and maybe never intended and see that as a bonus. Nevertheless, I'd respect it if they decided otherwise. But I hereby declare that Kemper Company does not have to feel bound (at least to me) to not making the looper available for those without a remote (even when I soon don't belong to that unfortunate group anymore 8) )

• Agree, was also wondering when the Looper functionality will become available over ordinary MIDI controllers... please Kemper & Uno 4 Kemper, add it & upgrade it as soon as posible!

+1 sure

;)

• Regardless of anyones point of view of whether Kemper "owes" users the looper kind of gets thrown out the window when they claimed that, pretty much, the Remote was "needed" to access or use it properly.

That is not what we are seeing here. These guys are using it already. Maybe not fully but how long did it take them to get to this point. And looking as to how easy it seams to have been........

You can look at it how you like but when people know it is already built into the device they bought for a little over $2000 , how do you tell them they have to pay another $600 to get access to it?

It is just common sense how many people will feel about it.

Who is going to do the first tear down of their Remote to see the innards and post them? Don't think you will see much besides the obvious. Pretty much what you see on the outside with some wiring added.

• Guys
    Did you play on loopers which have not quantizacion? You try it.Its not usefull.!
    I don't need looper in Kemper.Each of Us, have laptop. You can buy Ableton intro 79 €,Hook up Kemper in to the soundcard and back to Kemper.Hook up your midi footkontroler.
    And be happy with best looper in thé world.:-D
    I did it.

Sorry my f..English

• I made MIDI converter from CCs to NRPNs. I tried to mimic Remote functions as much as possible by implementing simple state machine into script.
    Only single press functions are working. I think this is good proof that it works with MIDI as a basic looper. ;)

It does these functions, all on CC#34, values 0-5:
    RECORD / PLAY / OVERDUB
    STOP / 3x to DELETE
    UNDO / REDO
    TRIGGER
    REVERSE
    1/2 TIME

I attached .html page, which everyone can open. You will need Jazz plugin. If you don't have it, the page will give you link to download it.
    I am curious how many of you will try it. With Damian, we spent some time finding this out. :)

• Guys
    Did you play on loopers which have not quantizacion? You try it.Its not usefull.!
    I don't need looper in Kemper.Each of Us, have laptop. You can buy Ableton intro 79 €,Hook up Kemper in to the soundcard and back to Kemper.Hook up your midi footkontroler.
    And be happy with best looper in thé world.:-D
    I did it.

Sorry my f..English

For as basic as the looper already is in the Kemper , I see it just for noodling anyway so.......

You are right, there a tons of options to buy a looper. That is beyond the point people are bringing up though.

• They should hurry up, removing this limitation to non remote users, because as the remotes just started shipping, anyone who bought it because of the looper features could still send it back and noone has the right to be pissed about making the looper available to everyone.
    I'm pretty sure, there aren't many people who would actually send their remotes back for this reason.

They should change the advertising from "exclusive looper effect" to "easy access to the looper effect".

• Great work Peto:) i will put the attachment to op.

• Few quick questions about the NRPNs you are sending:

• For Play, why are you sending the 0x00 (release) first and the 0x01 (press) second? shouldn't it be the other way around?
    • What is the functional difference between issuing the play sequence (0x5D) vs Trigger (0x5A)? Don't they do the same thing?
    • For Undo, the script is the sending the same value (0x5D 0x01) as for play. Is that correct?
    • Everything from 0x58 thru 0x5E used except for a gap at 0x59... any ideas what that might do, if anything?

Thanks!

• I was pretty sure that this would have happened.

I don't wat to be rude, but here in Italy we say that lies have short legs (indeed they don't go very far).
    So, once it is clear that the Remote is not NECESSARY in order to control the looper, in the next days i will try with my ipad, midi designer and my midi interface to control the looper.

Thanks to the guys who have worked for this.
    And a big +1 to the OP.

• Can you please post the normal NRPN information that was originally posted for all of these features?
    I'm programming directly into my foot controller with NRPN information and not using the converter.

Great work !!

I would be ok if Kemper were to offer a download license we paid for to turn on the looper for non remote users. Not sure how technically difficult that would be, but I for one would pay a small fee to get the feature turned on and not dig into the revenue stream expected for the remote.

• I would be ok if Kemper were to offer a download license we paid for to turn on the looper for non remote users. Not sure how technically difficult that would be, but I for one would pay a small fee to get the feature turned on and not dig into the revenue stream expected for the remote.

Absolutely agreed and pretty fair.
    But i think that people who have bought the remote won't be that happy.

• Yes, i understand both sides. Maybe over time it will become clear that most of the people who purchased the remote did so mainly for the foot controller features and the looper is a nice add on ! Where the people who already had a foot controller shouldn't be punished but have a way to pay for the extra feature. That may lead to some people wanting the foot controller without the looper enabled and expect a lower price, so I see how it could get crazy to manage !! Keeping my fingers crossed. For now, it's working on 2.7 with MIDI