multiple assignment of one effect in one rig

• What confuses me is how do you guys get away with loading a performance bank for each song? My band plays over 100 songs, approx 40 songs a night and the setlist changes each night and sometimes it changes on the fly.

We are the same way - while I have many song-specific sounds, there are also many songs that can be done with one rig, and the guitar's volume control.

• Right, the Profiler/Remote isn't supposed to make things more work. You get your go to clean/crunch/distortion/solo sounds down and then its a matter of managing the effects

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• In my defence, I did say I might be missing something - looks like I was right about that bit :)

I get where you're coming from now. For me, who doesn't play anywhere near as often, doing the method I mentioned works well. The last band I played with did a set of 25 numbers and, whilst we changed things up from a pool of maybe 50, once a setlist was decided upon it was fairly rigid on the night so doing a 'bank' or 'performance' or 'scene' or whatever we're calling it per song makes sense for me. The only thing that is a pain for someone like me is getting the set together in order and that's why I was mentioning an editor that could do this. What I would like is to be able to define a song which has 5 rigs. Then to be able to just save the songs, rig manager style, and re-order them at a click.

For you guys who play nightly - I now 'get it' in terms of your feature request. I got what you wanted but didn't get why and now I do :)

• We are the same way - while I have many song-specific sounds, there are also many songs that can be done with one rig, and the guitar's volume control.

Plus the readily available Tap tempo control. In summary nobody needs over a hundred performances.
    That said, you could use 125 nonetheless :)

• So once again my proposal / question:

Can each effect-slot-switch be programmed with two commands (by one press)
    1. all effects off
    2. programmed effects on

If this was possible, then 4 effect scenes per rig would be possible.
    Wouldn't it?

• So once again my proposal / question:

Can each effect-slot-switch be programmed with two commands (by one press)
    1. all effects off
    2. programmed effects on

If this was possible, then 4 effect scenes per rig would be possible.
    Wouldn't it?

Seems to be a little complicated. Here is the scenario I was trying to get in performance mode:

Clean preset with verb

1. Switch I: Chorus & Delay

2. Switch II: Phase & Delay (same delay as switch 1)

Apparently you can't have delay on more than one switch unless it's already "on" with the preset. The verb on my preset stays on throughout the switching

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

Edited once, last by drandall ().

• I want to explain why I think scenes are important.
    We have no fixed Setlist and have to change Songs in few seconds, so one Performance for each song is no option for me. Don't wont to think about ordering Performances for 60 Songs without an Editor.
    It would be perfect to get all sounds from on Performance. Spezial sounds can be stored in other performances.
    My Setup should be:

Slot1: clean
    Slot2: crunch
    Slot3: heavy crunch
    Slot4: distrotion
    Slot5: heavy distrotion

So I have from clean to high gain all Sounds in one Performance. To get Effects and a Solo sound as well, Effectslots have to be like this, for example:

I: Reverb
    II: Chorus
    III: Delay
    IV: Delay, Reverb, Eq, Booster

So I can every Sound change from Rhythm to Solo by pressing IV, and also have Variation for each Sound.
    This can only be realized with Scenes, because Reverb and Delay is used in two several Effectslots.

At the Moment it can only be assign to one Switch. When reverb is on I, it can’t be on IV at the same time.

• This is my EXACT same circumstance for playing live.

• In the end, it would make sense to be able to do things away from the Kemper when programming. I hope there's an update that allows you to assign FX combinations to the Remote from away from the Remote. It would be extremely difficult to carry the Remote all that distance to the Kemper in order to assign an FX.

You can program the Remote from the Kemper, without having to stomp on the Remote at the same time. The opposite of what you're saying, but doable.

Cheers,
    Sam

• It is actually almost possible, as long as you do away with one of the crunch and distortion slots (you could instead assign a boost in the FX of the crunch/distortion slots, or a boost set to a minus in the heavy crunch/heavy distortion slots). That would leave you with two performance slots to program crunch/distortion or clean, with reverb or delay active and with I, II, III, or IV programmed to toggle between them. I guarantee that you'll find a new way of working once you actually get the Remote under your foot! I realised that going from 6 performance slots at a minimum for a show, I can now make do with 3 :D

Cheers,
    Sam

• You are right, im sure there will be a solution for my problem.
    I already have the Remote and try to get it work for me.

But let me say, I don't see any disadvantages for all Players if there will be the option to assigen multible FX to a Switch.
    Those who won't need it, don't have to use it and can assign every Effekt to only one Switch, but those who need it, could assign it to more than one.
    So everybody should be happy with this

• You are right, im sure there will be a solution for my problem.
    I already have the Remote and try to get it work for me.

But let me say, I don't see any disadvantages for all Players if there will be the option to assigen multible FX to a Switch.
    Those who won't need it, don't have to use it and can assign every Effekt to only one Switch, but those who need it, could assign it to more than one.
    So everybody should be happy with this

i am 100% with you
    (i use a stereo-volume-pedal to control pitch and wah with the same padal and have to switch wah and pitch on and off. i can switch with one button between them, but i cant use a second button to to switch only one of them to get both together.)
    in your case i would use a second performance with the same 5 slots
    I: Delay, Reverb, Eq, Booster
    II: ....
    III: ....
    IV: ....
    so you can use 4 more effect setting (further on wich no doubling)
    and you only need 2 steps to change (if autoload is disabled)

i would like, if performance autoload is enabled it wouldn´t change the slot automaticly to slot1.
    if the slot would be retained if i change the performance, i could sort my rigs in a kind of matrix and can´t change only vertical
    like Perfomance B - Stot 1 2 3 4 5 (and Perf.A slot1 and Perf C slot 1) with only one step
    i could use up and down for example:
    Perf A : stot 1 - 5 like you want with Reverb
    Perf B : stot 1 - 5 like you want with Chorus
    Perf C : stot 1 - 5 like you want with Delay
    Perf D : stot 1 - 5 like you want with Delay, Reverb, Eq, Booster
    Perf E : stot 1 - 5 like you want with ...

Edited 2 times, last by jojo ().

• I'm hopin to be able to control our everchanging set list order with my iPAD using set list manager

Good Idea,
    I will try to do this as well. ForScore can send Midi as well as SetListMaker. There are several Wireless-Midi-Adapter on the Markt so you don't have cables on your iPad an can place the wireless Modul on the Back of the Kemper.
    So change a Song on the SetList will automatically reload the Performance for this song.

• Currently on my floorboard, I can make multiple combinations of effects and pull them up with a single press of a button. This is far more intuitive than having toggle capabilities, imho, since I can turn on whichever effects I want and if I jump to another stomp, it recalls an entirely different combination of effects. I can do this with five effects simultaneously, and I can easily call up a rig where each of those button presses has the maximum impact.

Hi Nighlight! Sounds like you've got a great rig already and it does all that you desire with less switching. Perhaps the Remote in it's current configuration isn't going to be the right solution in your case (as well as others). I'm not sure it will be in my case either, but I'm certainly anxious to find this out in person for myself.

Gary ô¿ô