My Remote Review

• Would be great if I could use mine!! Finally got it hooked it up and all I got now is black scrolling lines!! Nothing else and it is useless!! Contacted support and we will see but seems I bought an expensive brick?? Hope it gets sorted?

• Would be great if I could use mine!! Finally got it hooked it up and all I got now is black scrolling lines!! Nothing else and it is useless!! Contacted support and we will see but seems I bought an expensive brick?? Hope it gets sorted?

Argh hate to hear that. I'm sure since it was new they will get you fixed up asap, but that's still frustrating.

• In that case, Performance Mode is your friend.

Some of us prefer Browse mode. There needs to be a way to maintain the existing rig until a selection is made other than a new bank.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I was about to write my own review but I pretty much was going to echo your thoughts Okstrat ..
    I like you play every week all over with different bands and different crowds ...I might be playing a 'Rammstein' version of a Hank Williams classic that goes into a Jimi Hendrix style solo followed by a bluegrass style rock classic that has a prince style breakdown ( yes it's great fun) ..I need to be able to turn effects off at will so ..I've spent this afternoon prefacing my presets with 01,02,03 etc .... Not fun ....it's a real shame IMO that we can't have programming like the uno equipped fcb1010 ..but the fantastic build quality and size of the kpr .
    Another slight gripe (again IMO) is that the type of cable used for the network cable should have been rubberised to coil and uncoil better - yes it coils but it uncoils like a curly mess it's too stiff
    I love the looper and have ditched my ditto pedal because of it and if someone can explain how I might be able to use performance mode for my needs then that would be wonderful ... until then I have a slightly dissapointed view of the remote especially when you add the cost of two expression pedals into the bargain all so you can have a tougher version of an fcb1010 ..... add to this the fact that there's still no stomp delay in FW3 and well ..... As I say a bit dissapointed ...feel free to call me a moaning hippy

• if someone can explain how I might be able to use performance mode for my needs then that would be wonderful

If you perform live and have not tried performance mode, you are missing out on a great asset of the profiler. There are 125 performances with each having 5 slots. Many equate a performance to a song and then use the slots for the different sounds within a song (lead, rhythm, ....). The performances can be rearranged fairly easily from the profiler front panel. So, if you load your song pallet, you can rearrange if the set list changes. From the sounds of things, instead of your numbering system, you could use sequential slots and performances. If this method doesn't fit how you play live (i.e., don't stick to a set list), you could do what I am currently doing. I have performances set by clean, crunch, dirty, heavy, ... Then I have 5 different rigs (slots) within each performance. I'm sure there are many other ways to make use of this feature. You should give it a try to see what may work for you. Good luck.

• Like @alwainwright says, there are lot's of ways to "skin the cat" here.

Performance mode is one of the best if you happen to have a "static" set list to work from.
    Similarly, I categorize all my clean, clean+, crunch, gain, lead & solo selections within "favorites" in Browse mode. (Note the alphabetical category prefixes) ;)

From there I can always pull from my on-board library of all should I need to add/change favorite selections.

Then, RigManager to test and/or pull from for new additions.
    Pretty darned efficient of Kemper if I may say so.

Happy Kemper

• I've spent this afternoon prefacing my presets with 01,02,03 etc .... Not fun

You could have added those three rigs to the first three performance slots in Bank 1 quicker than renaming them.
    Bank 1 is 01 - 05
    Bank 2 is 06 - 10
    etc.

I loaded my live rigs into Performance Mode very quickly:
    1) Make a performance slot active
    2) doubleclick on the rig in Rig Manager to temporarily load it into the KPA.
    3) Save the performance.
    Repeat for additional Slots, until you have enough performances/slots populated.

• hey folks I realise that performance mode is very quick to use ...but ...unless I'm wrong ..? You can't turn effects on an off in a slot ?? (or do I need to rtfm ???)
    let me give you my set up ..
    first no we don't have a set list ...just a list we choose a song then often ask the audience what style do you want it in ?

So I have 5 presets (rmpacheo..Morgan AC20) with various gain and level changes all have tremelo,rotary,wah and delay/rev ... I have a switch for tremelo on/off rotary on/off and fast/slow..and delay on/off and the wah pedal is set to toe off ...so if I am right in thinking I'd have to have 5 performances each with a different setting of effects like slot one tremelo on ,slot two tremelo off etc ...yes ? or have I totally understood performance mode wrong ...I have read the manual honest ..!! But erm maybe not quite as much as I should of ???
    thanks for the replies thus far ...and apologies to OK strat for hijacking (I use one of your profiles in my set up to THANKS !)

• hey folks I realise that performance mode is very quick to use ...but ...unless I'm wrong ..? You can't turn effects on an off in a slot ?? (or do I need to rtfm ???)

YOu can turn effects on and off at any time. Use the buttons on the panel when editing your performance, when finished, store it. If you're switching the slots with MIDI or with the Profiler Remote, edits in Slots are discarded by design.

• YOu can turn effects on and off at any time. Use the buttons on the panel when editing your performance, when finished, store it. If you're switching the slots with MIDI or with the Profiler Remote, edits in Slots are discarded by design.

hey Timo ...so if I have a rig as described above ...in a performance slot ..I can still turn off effects (that I have programmed) using the I-IV buttons on the remote ??? if this is the case then I am a dullard !

• hey Timo ...so if I have a rig as described above ...in a performance slot ..I can still turn off effects (that I have programmed) using the I-IV buttons on the remote ??? if this is the case then I am a dullard !

Yes, you can.
    The performance mode is just a way to organize up to 5 sounds that can share the same tempo. I think there is nothing you can do in browse mode that you cannot do in performance mode...

• With my fcb 1010 steps 1 to 5 are the slots of a performance. Whith steps 6 to 10 i remote my effects ( on/off) in the performance mode. It works very well. To programm for example step 6 i step on it until the led blinks and then i step maybe on button 2 when i have distortion in stomp b. After that its directly stored.

• The unit sounds great, but the $600 price tag seems about 3Xs what I would be willing to pay for a controller. I use a Behringer FCB1010 pedal with a chip I bought from a company in Belgium that makes it work with the Kemper decent enough. I have a line6 amp that came with a pedal board similar to the new Kemper board. It connects with ethernet as well, but is WAY cheaper. My point is that I think they jacked the price of the pedal board way up knowing people will buy it no matter what the cost. I won't. I will wait to see if it comes down in price and if it doesn't then so be it.