Hello from Axe Land

• Greetings. Glad you're up and running...now start hoarding profiles :D

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Greetings. Glad you're up and running...now start hoarding profiles :D

Thanks!

Seriously, how long did it take most folks to "audition" all the rigs?! Holy smokes! Have to sorta pick your flavor and go from there.
    I feel like a wine taster, after sampling about 50-60 Marshall rigs, they all start 'tasting' the same. I guess I need to cleanse my pallet with some Fender chimey goodness.

C

• Thanks!

Seriously, how long did it take most folks to "audition" all the rigs?! Holy smokes! Have to sorta pick your flavor and go from there.
    I feel like a wine taster, after sampling about 50-60 Marshall rigs, they all start 'tasting' the same. I guess I need to cleanse my pallet with some Fender chimey goodness.

C

Go slow. It's impossible to audition them all in due time.

• Thanks!

C

For me, the real fun began when I started getting commercial profiles. A few of the factory presets are gems but when you start getting commercial ones, the percentage of usable profiles goes through the roof.

• Thanks!

C

Welcome!
    The world is full of amps. Kemperism is spreading fast. You can spend a lifetime on testing profiles, cause they will keep coming. Even when Kemper stops making them, users won't. Until we have 'em all 8o

• Welcome!! I am a convert from an Axe FX 2 myself...........Can't imagine the need to ever go back, and never happier to be a part of this awesome community!!

Enjoy your new piece of legendary German Engineering!! :)

Kemper Profiler Rack ---- Carvin DCM1000L Power Amp ---- Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab ---- Fender Cyber Twin ---- Peavey Transtube Bandit 1x12 ---- BOSS GT-10 Floor Pedal ---- Carvin Custom CT6 ---- Peavey Wolfgang Standard ---- EVH Frankenstein Replica ---- Taylor 814CE Acoustic

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/e51v50h/videos

• Enjoy your new piece of legendary German Engineering!! :)

The Kemper talks to my Audi! <3

Armin/e51v50h - any particular reason why you guys both switched from the AxeFx II? As I said in my intro, no more factory support for the ultra and no more (new) amps led me to Kemper.

C

• Welcome. What kind of sound do you prefer? What kind of guita do you play? There are lots of good uncommercial rigs in Rig ex. If you are looking for very good mesa boogie rigs, check out: thumas, djemass, björn gottfridsson. Genius profiles!

Armin/e51v50h - any particular reason why you guys both switched from the AxeFx II? As I said in my intro, no more factory support for the ultra and no more (new) amps led me to Kemper.

I switched because it felt like a processor....i know that it is way more to some people but to me I found an amp model I liked (Friedman HBE) then proceeded to add some flavor....effx. In the process of adding effx I completely got immersed in the millions of options and in doing so found myself not really thinking about the amp anymore but solely on the coloration and refinement of the sound as a whole. It's really hard for me to explain but it's as if all of the connection and feeling that you get when playing through a great amp......it was just an aftersight and was just an afterthought. It didn't feel like a real amp, but merely a simulated amp that sounds great but to me I felt that it lacked that real feeling and connection that comes from playing a real amp.

The Kemper on the other hand after the same amount of test driving time it is the complete opposite. I find myself browsing through the amp sections and as I audition one I can do a heavy pick attack across the strings and you can feel that response right back......it's not rounded off and sterile so to speak but articulate and defined!! Even a bad profile still makes me feel like I am playing a real amplifier, not a processor. I actually enjoy just playing the profiles with slight reverb and haven't really went straight to effects to try to fill the void that I felt with the Axe Fx 2. The layout is great too.......the Axe was just too many key presses to get to the screens I was searching for. I am however not saying that one is better than the other, just simply stating that for the reasons that I have outlined above......I simply found it hard to connect.....to feel like the sound coming from the Axe FX 2 was a genuine sound but more like a polished studio grade processor, the Kemper captured the ability to feel the amp and to polish it to your liking as needed but without the feeling that I am playing a processor first. :)

Hopefully this makes sense to others. :)

Kemper Profiler Rack ---- Carvin DCM1000L Power Amp ---- Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab ---- Fender Cyber Twin ---- Peavey Transtube Bandit 1x12 ---- BOSS GT-10 Floor Pedal ---- Carvin Custom CT6 ---- Peavey Wolfgang Standard ---- EVH Frankenstein Replica ---- Taylor 814CE Acoustic

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/e51v50h/videos