Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• Well when the editor comes out, all of those who adamantly denied the need of it will probably by the first and loudest cheerleaders! haha...

With the addition of the delays, and the future addition of reverbs, (and who knows what else?), the KPA becomes a much deeper device than it was a year or so ago. While many of us will remain comfortable using the KPA display to edit Rigs, it is easy enough to see how others could benefit from computer editing.

• Quote from GAME-OF-Tones

Noticed something cool on an early page in this thread someone demo'ing using a LiquidFoot controller and able to use a FREEZE function via MIDI control -- is there any option for this in FW5.x with the KPA remote ??

This is in the manual 5.1 :

The Hold and Infinity buttons can both be assigned to one of the Effects Buttons of the Profiler Remote. Step and hold the desired Effects Button (I to IIII) while you press the "Hold" button or the "Infinity" Button.
    Both the Hold and Infinity buttons can also be assigned to a foot switch that you plug into one of the pedal inputs of your Profiler or Remote.

Does this help?

• An editor would definitely make sorting through effects a lot more efficient.

Of course it'll be a bonus!

Think some have jumped ship just because there was no desktop editor though - seems crazy to me with the package that the KPA is.

This is in the manual 5.1 :
    The Hold and Infinity buttons can both be assigned to one of the Effects Buttons of the Profiler Remote. Step and hold the desired Effects Button (I to IIII) while you press the "Hold" button or the "Infinity" Button.
    Both the Hold and Infinity buttons can also be assigned to a foot switch that you plug into one of the pedal inputs of your Profiler or Remote.

Does this help?

Ideal... Didn't realise that was an inclusion! Time to upgrade from 3.x soon i guess... :D such an awesome piece of equipment

• Think some have jumped ship just because there was no desktop editor though - seems crazy to me with the package that the KPA is.

Not really when you consider studio people whose interest it is to streamline their production process, namely by doing everything on the computer.

• Wasn't referring to those types though ; have literally seen people declaring they are moving away from Kemper due to having no desktop editor or any intention of developing said editor? (though they are likely crying wolf and are absolutely in the minority!) and now there is one in the works ... Haha

• Well, it doesn't help those guys that felt they needed it years ago. Being that it's pretty standard for digital devices such as these, it is puzzling why there already wasn't one at release. Many people migrating to Kemper have used other modelers and are accustomed to computer editors. To not have one seems like a major oversight and one which clearly troubles some in the demographic they are gunning for. Some may have purchased it without realizing their wasn't an editor (like myself) but just made do with it. That being said, there are plenty more than were intrigued by it but ultimately chose to go elsewhere in part because of the lack of an editor.

I honestly think apart from the new delays and parameters hastening the need for an editor, the booming popularity of the device, especially with all the online marketing they've been getting from videos like the Anderton's blind test, has probably spurned them to cover all their bases. It's turning less and less into a high-end boutique item and more into a mainstream solution. The more people crossing platforms, the louder this chorus becomes, and I'm sure they see the need to get something out there before it reaches a fever pitch.

• Well, it doesn't help those guys that felt they needed it years ago. Being that it's pretty standard for digital devices such as these, it is puzzling why there already wasn't one at release. Many people migrating to Kemper have used other modelers and are accustomed to computer editors. To not have one seems like a major oversight and one which clearly troubles some in the demographic they are gunning for. Some may have purchased it without realizing their wasn't an editor (like myself) but just made do with it. That being said, there are plenty more than were intrigued by it but ultimately chose to go elsewhere in part because of the lack of an editor.

I honestly think apart from the new delays and parameters hastening the need for an editor, the booming popularity of the device, especially with all the online marketing they've been getting from videos like the Anderton's blind test, has probably spurned them to cover all their bases. It's turning less and less into a high-end boutique item and more into a mainstream solution. The more people crossing platforms, the louder this chorus becomes, and I'm sure they see the need to get something out there before it reaches a fever pitch.

I had editors in every digital modeler up to Kemper and I always like idea of simplyfying and automating recording process.
    I like idea of simplifying and automating everything.

Don't get me wrong - it's painful to try new cabs with amp in Kemper with that browse knob.
    Honestly I think, I might have found perfect cabs for many rigs, that I though were mediocre, but scrolling through 80 cabs always made me stop after trying 4~5.
    On the other hand I remember how cool editor looked in 11R, but cab sims and overall sound was mediocre.

I'm sure editor won't make me better player, no. But finding great sound (great cab) makes you wanna play.
    And for convenience of FX presets management I think Kemper editor is a must.
    New delay presets are great, but I simply don't create new ones, because preset list would get crazy long.

As for why there wasn't editor at release date? Probably maybe because they were more focused of basic stuff. When KPA hit store shelves it was still in beta, meaning that not all functions worked, one of them being Performance mode. I remember also that S/PDIF was not working or working bad for first few firmwares. Why? Because it is (was back then) small company not corpo like Boss or L6.

One thing - if they are creating / will create / consider creating editor I hope the GUI will not resemble Kemper's LCD schema.
    And what I specifically mean, there won't be multiple pages for edit screens like 3 pages for AMP, 7 pages for DLY4 and so on...
    Maybe something obvious, but worth mentioning anyway in my opinion.

• One thing - if they are creating / will create / consider creating editor I hope the GUI will not resemble Kemper's LCD schema.
    And what I specifically mean, there won't be multiple pages for edit screens like 3 pages for AMP, 7 pages for DLY4 and so on...
    Maybe something obvious, but worth mentioning anyway in my opinion.

I seriously doubt it. Take a look at the editor for the Virus TI, for example.

• With the addition of the delays, and the future addition of reverbs, (and who knows what else?), the KPA becomes a much deeper device than it was a year or so ago.

Don't forget Morphing, Brother Paul; definitely deserves to be on that shortlist, both time-frame and impact-wise... IMHO. ;)

• It's the nature of the beast. Kemper was a small company that had made one major product for keyboards a decade ago, from what I've heard. They were rolling out an entirely new technology with the KPA and it probably took a lot of work just to work out all the hardware, as they hadn't done anything like this before, nor had the resources of a large company like Boss, Line 6, TC Electronic, Digitech or Vox, nor their history making tons of guitar products including all in one effect/amp modeling floorboards. Initially the KPA was even lacking some fairly basic effects and features that were routine on their competitors all-in-one's. Bottom line is that it takes time and lots of money to develop things, and Kemper wouldn't have any revenue coming in to fund the continued R&D until they started actually selling KPAs. The technology was so awesome and revolutionary, that they were able to release it as is and sell enough to keep things rolling. I can't imagine they were in a position to postpone the release of the KPA while they spent months or even years developing every feature on their wish list, all the while having no income from sales. Nevertheless, they have continued to release updates as they've been able to. And given their incentive to role out new features to attract more customers, they're likely moving as fast as possible given the resources they have. Despite their seemingly large success, consider that you still can't get a KPA at Guitar Center without a special order. How much profit can they possibly be making per unit? And how many KPAs have been sold to date?
    The good news is that they did announce that they are working on an editor. The other thing that Kemper always does is release quality. Everything they've rolled out has been well thought out and very stable. Even most of their beta's are fairly stable with minimal issues.

• So simply it's no go for computer GUI, especially when you have 24" screen.

Axe-Edit uses a tabbed column on one side of the bottom frame to access advanced parameters for an effect, amp or cab and no one has ever complained, nor is viewing or access a problem on a 24" screen.

• Axe-Edit uses a tabbed column on one side of the bottom frame to access advanced parameters for an effect, amp or cab and no one has ever complained, nor is viewing or access a problem on a 24" screen.

I don't know how much params Axe has, but I heard that very many. If you have cathode voltage, triode amperage, anode stiffness, cathode response and gazillion different params which don't do much to sound, there's nothing wrong to hide them.

If we have simple delay and we have 8 params on 2 pages on KPA LCD, fitting them on 1 page in GUI is simple to achieve.

Studio Equalizer - 5 pages of params, which can be grupped (low, high, mid1, mid2) + vol, mix, hpf, lpf.

The same for AMP params - 3 pages, 9 params, can fit on 1 page. Well, 8 params and volume.

In terms of User Experience mirroring Kemper's GUI into Windows app GUI would be a miss.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• The Axe has a lot of advanced parameters that can affect the sound in significant ways if you know what you're doing, though I don't generally tweak them.

As for the Kemper, it would be easy enough to implement drop down boxes to select different effects presets as well as a slotting system to select and move things around. Parameters for amplifier, cabinet, effects or whatever else would be simple enough to implement (on a single page) using knobs under the aforementioned selection.

• I think it would be great to have a toaster as the main interface, but with the option to pop out a detailed box of parameters you double click with all parameters on a single page. It'll be neat if you just want to do some editing on the surface using the main controls, with the ability to dive in deeper if necessary.

For me it doesn't make a sense to mirror toaster's interface in terms of multipages for single effect.
    It is what it is on KPA and it works there (LCD size limitation) but every FX could utilize on page/tab in apps GUI.