Hello Fellow Kemper Peeps!! :)

• My Kemper (non-powered) Rack unit just came in yesterday and I just wanted to say hello!!

I updated to the latest Firmware and installed Rig Manager and started going through a portion of the user submitted profiles and WOW!!!!

I didn't get to crank it up yet but at bedroom practice volume it already feels and sounds superb!!

I originally was wanting to get the Kemper after running across several forums where the Kemper name just kept popping up so I decided to check out youtube to see if I could see what all the fuss was about. I was impressed but like everyone else that I try to explain what this thing can do.......i was thinking that it had to be too good to be true. With this in mind I went with a friends advice to check out the Fractal Axe FX 2. I wound up buying it instead of the Kemper out of peer pressure and my friends familiarity with the unit and overall satisfaction I guess and the Kemper appeared to be rather intimidating......boy did I have that reversed. The Fractal sounded great but what killed me on the idea was after I had everything organized the way I was happy with, I was jamming and just simply wanted to change the mix overall on the reverb and turn the delay time down........it took almost 16 key presses to get to the right page and parameter!!! This is all good and well for studio use but I could just see this biting me in the bum if I were needing to do this on the fly at a gig. The axe edit on the pc is super simple but I sure wasn't gonna carry a laptop around if it wasn't needed.....so that was the straw that broke the Fractals back....I sent it back and went with my gut and bought a Kemper like I should have to begin with. ;)

I am running mine through a Carvin DCM1000L Power Amp and a Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab rewired for stereo 8ohm per side and a single 16ohm mono input.

I can't wait to crank her up to see what she sounds like at full stage volume but right now I was able to get all the firmware updated, install rig manager and get to playing in less time than it took my 2 kids to take showers. Haha. The best thing was realizing that all though there are a million buttons the layout and function of those buttons are very simple and intuitive. Reminds me of the first time anyone seen my Marshall JVM410H.......a lot of knobs but very well layed out. This is one very well thought out piece of German Engineering magic in a box, and this forum is icing on the cake. Very informative and respectful conversations. I have been lurking for months (as we all do I like to think before a large purchase) and I have to say this is a very well ran forum indeed. :)

I am so far and I feel I will continue to be a happy Kemper owner!!! :D

J.

Kemper Profiler Rack ---- Carvin DCM1000L Power Amp ---- Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab ---- Fender Cyber Twin ---- Peavey Transtube Bandit 1x12 ---- BOSS GT-10 Floor Pedal ---- Carvin Custom CT6 ---- Peavey Wolfgang Standard ---- EVH Frankenstein Replica ---- Taylor 814CE Acoustic

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/e51v50h/videos

• Good story. Yeah, German Engineering is something. Kemper, TronicalTuner, PLEK PRO.
    I'm waiting for my own German-made robotic replacement so it can enjoy these things forever!! ;)

Welcome!!

• Thank you everyone!!! I can't wait to get home from work to start playing around with it. Haha. I just had a chance to rack it and update it.....not much time yet to play.........its like having a Ferrari in the driveway but not being able to drive it.........it needs to be driven!!!! :P:D

Any quick favorite rig manager or preloaded presets that I should give a whirl for first impressions? I am a big Van Halen nut and anything 80's 90's rock.......love Slash as well. :)

Any ideals are welcome. :)

Where I am using a power amp with a 4x12 cab I have read that I should turn off the cabinet for the best sound......last night in my initial play through I kept auditioning profiles and reaching over and turning the cab off which was getting frustrating so on a whim i held in the "lock" button and pressed the cab button to attempt to always keep the cab off in all profiles. I only got to try a couple after that change before duty called and I had to get the kiddos in the bed. Is that the correct way to go about globally changing the Kemper to always start all profiles with the cab off?

Kemper Profiler Rack ---- Carvin DCM1000L Power Amp ---- Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab ---- Fender Cyber Twin ---- Peavey Transtube Bandit 1x12 ---- BOSS GT-10 Floor Pedal ---- Carvin Custom CT6 ---- Peavey Wolfgang Standard ---- EVH Frankenstein Replica ---- Taylor 814CE Acoustic

• Haha.....Thanx "Viabcroce".........I am not a Star Wars character unfortunately haha :D ......... E= Eddie........51........V= Van.........50.........H= Halen. Just a weird shortening of the evh and 5150. :) I like Van Halen quite a bit, plus that moniker fit nicely on a customized license plate for my vehicle here in the USA. :)

• Welcome. I am a big Van Halen fan too. I have found some great profiles for VH Marshall type tones from OKStrat he makes some tone matches of older VH from VH1 - OU812, MBritt has some great Marshall tones and so does Jeep, and also Andy at Ampfactory. These are the ones that I have personally purchased and love.

• Yeah I have been a huge Eddie fan and my first guitar that I bought I saved up for 2 summers when the Peavey Wolfgang was announced (I was 15/16 at the time and a kid that age saving $1,900.00.......yeah i was determined to say the least) and got me a peavey wolfgang standard (the one in my profile pic) and that sent me over the moon!!! I didn't want to put it down. I originally wanted it just for the name and because it was his but I still can't find a guitar to beat it as far as playability, and reliability. I tune that baby at the beginning of a gig one time and it is good to go while my other guitarist is tuning.....and I am brutal with that whammy at times......haha. ;)

"DangeRuss" I have bought a couple of packs from "top jimi" and "the amp factory" and so far from what i have played with them they are amazing!!! I will have to check out some "Okstrat" "Mbritt" and "Jeep" stuff as soon as I get a chance. Always love the good ol' VH tones. I am not in the mass majority but my favorite guitar sound of his is actually from the "Balance" album. That song "Baluchitherium" ......that sound........wow!!! So larger than life, warm, articulate......that right there is my favorite Eddie tone. :) One day she will be mine.......oh yes....she will be mine!!! Haha :)

As soon as I dial her in I will share it on the rig exchange.........I plan on really diving into this thing more over the weekend. :)

• I like that tone he had on Balance too. My favorite was probably from Van Halen II, but I didn't care for the 5150 & OU812 tones much. I liked his tone again on For Unlawful and Balance. I unfortunately dislike his tone from VH III to now. It sounds like you might like the Peavy 5150 1 & II or Soldano SLO100 tone. I actually own a 5150 II head, but I haven't profiled it yet. Good luck in your tone quest! You'll have to keep me updated!

Russ

I like that tone he had on Balance too. My favorite was probably from Van Halen II, but I didn't care for the 5150 & OU812 tones much. I liked his tone again on For Unlawful and Balance. I unfortunately dislike his tone from VH III to now.

I am right with ya......not much on his current tone at all really.....but like he says....we all change over time and our ears change and the way that we perceive our "sound" will inevitably change as well......;)

I listen to earlier recordings of mine and shake my head.......what was i thinking!!! Haha. Live and learn. ;)