Here's video of my 2 remotes breaking

Kemper is being wise slowing delivery until the root cause is identified, resolved and then stabilized.

But is this what Kemper is doing? In at least one case where there was a problem, Kemper's response was to hurriedly ship another failing unit without identifying or resolving the problem. It's great that they provided prompt customer service, but they are failing on the most important aspect here: explaining the failures. Until that happens, the impression is that it's not a stable, reliable design.

digibob's results with flashing back and then forward to the latest firmware are a hopeful indication that this may be a f/w compatibility issue and not a h/w flaw. But Kemper needs to debug this problem and explain it publicly. It seems foolish for anyone to place a new order before then.

• Kemper just replied to me with another email saying it must be something with my kemper itself. I don't think it is, I have never had one issue with the kemper. They say they are shipping me another 1. I feel bad. I'm going to have 3 remotes sitting at my house and some of you haven't even got yours yet. I'll let you know what happens with the 3rd one

Kemper just replied to me with another email saying it must be something with my kemper itself.

"Something" doesn't really cut it. It would be one thing if you were the only affected customer - in that case we might conclude that it was a defect unique to your KPA. But with other remotes failing on other KPA's, that seems much less likely. Based on some of what I've read, it seems likely that the failures are the result of some combination of f/w revision, system settings, and/or start-up sequence. Multiple hardware failures seems unlikely, and many Remotes are working fine. But Kemper needs to be more specific. They should start by getting a failing Remote back, along with the customer's respective KPA backup, and trying to duplicate - if they haven't already. Failing that, they may just be shipping Remotes back and forth for no good reason.

I don't mean to come off belligerent about all of this. I just think getting this sorted out should be job one for Kemper right now. Call it tough love. :)

• Can you clarify - what took about 10 minutes? The initialization process itself? Or did you need to wait another 10 minutes after the KPA was up and running before the Remote started working again?

• Kemper just replied to me with another email saying it must be something with my kemper itself. I don't think it is, I have never had one issue with the kemper. They say they are shipping me another 1. I feel bad. I'm going to have 3 remotes sitting at my house and some of you haven't even got yours yet. I'll let you know what happens with the 3rd one

Have you tried the firmware downgrade to 2.7 then reinstalling 3.02 fix that worked for digbob?

Have you tried the firmware downgrade to 2.7 then reinstalling 3.02 fix that worked for digbob?

This is a very important question right now, in terms of troubleshooting/ determining cause of failure. This, and we need to know what digibob meant by "then it took about 10 minutes." 10 minutes powered down, powered up, re-initializing, not working, what?

• I've never downgraded my f/w, but I would assume it's similar to upgrading the f/w - i.e. download the required version (2.7) from kemper-amps.com support/downloads section, copy the kaos.bin file to the appropriate folder on your USB thumbstick, insert that in the back of the KPA, then follow the USB Storage prompts on screen. Then repeat for v3+.

But it would be helpful if digibob were around to confirm exactly what steps he took.

• Hi
    just back from Work
    after all I've done it took 10 Minutes for the Remote to become alive again
    means the display showed only the the black line
    and after 10 minutes it worked

• Interesting but wonder what Kemper is going to do about it, Ild hate to be on a gig and have this failure. Fortunatly no gigs for a couple of weeks and i'll put the Remote through it's paces everynight till then to hopefully make sure

• What's the best way to downgrade the os?

It's something that the elders often allude to but apparently it's classified information. I've done a forum search and searched the manual (briefly) and can't find any instruction on it.
    There should be a sticky on this subject in the "share tips" sub forum.

• What's the best way to downgrade the os?

It's easy.
    Put the kaos file you want to downgrade to into the update folder of you USB Stick (that has been formatted by the profiler).
    Connect the The profiler USB to the profiler.
    The profiler will realize there is a different FW on the stick than currently running and will ask you to install.
    Now simply follow the prompts.

• I guess my whole thing is, I shouldn't have to do any of this in the first place. Then let's say it works, how do I know it's fixed permanently and won't crap out in me in the future? This is the dedicated foot controller for the kemper itself and it doesn't even work. There are 3rd party units working just fine for less. For $600 this is unacceptable

• I agree 100%. It's just a footcontroller and it sure ain't a cheap one. I've been a little taken aback that Kemper hasn't been more apologetic in their responses on this forum, and by forum members who defend them like they can do no wrong. Yes, we all love the KPA, that's why we're here. But this Remote rollout has been a fiasco.

Waiting digibob's 10 minutes+ might help to explain the nature of the problem, but ultimately it is up to Kemper to understand the problem and shed some light on the matter.

For my part, I've decided to skip the Remote. I am very thankful that Kemper decided to make the looper available without - I got that working and I guess I'll just make do with my old MIDI Moose.