Here's video of my 2 remotes breaking

• I received 2 brand new cables and tried both on 2 different kempers and 2 different remotes. Both kempers are on the latest 3.02 firmware. I reinitialized my original kemper with no luck and I'm currently waiting on a reply from kemper as to what to do next

Try to downgrade sended kemper - why not- it is simple task and nothing to loose:)Just download kaos from :http://www.kemper-amps.com/api/download/dlid/590/alternate/0/Kemper Profiler Firmware 2.7.4 Release

and put this into OS Update folder into the pendrive. put the pendrive into the kpa and he will ask about the rest:) Then reset KPA with connected remotes and wait what will happens.

• No mention of this earlier or perhaps I missed it.

Are the users who are having issues - running standard/generic profiles or have any other (favorites) been introduced?
    I always wondered if a profile could become corrupt somehow and once loaded, effect/inhibit performance.
    If and when a profile does become "tainted", how would the Kemper system handle it?

Gotta remember, we're no longer in the realm of standard tube and AC electronic circuitry anymore.

Happy Kemper

• as i wrote please downgrade to 3.0
    then plug in the remote and wait 10 min
    please try again

here you are 3.0 release
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/api/download/dlid/609/alternate/0/Kemper Profiler Firmware 3.0.0 Release (Build 10856)
    extract and put the kaos.bin into the Os Update folder on pen-drive.
    And most important - do not reconnect the remotes for some time - let them update.
    Maybe this is the issue - they need some time to get the FW. Like BIOS - you cannot disconnect them when they are updated.

• Update: just received my 3rd replacement remote today. Everything seems to be working fine. I unplugged it and plugged it in numerous times, turned the kemper on and off. So far so good. It looks as if I did get 2 defective remotes. Kemper is letting me keep the replacement power rack they sent and I'm sending them my old one. Hopefully this is the last you hear of this. Although this was a frustrating process I want kemper and everyone to know I am more than happy with kempers customer service and what they did for me. Most companies I know wouldn't do that. I hated being that pain in the ass customer, but it is what it is

It looks as if I did get 2 defective remotes.

Interesting. So best indication at this time is that Kemper has a QC issue related to some percentage of bad hardware. It would be nice if they could determine the part causing failure and get some kind of testing online, to reduce the probability of shipping a bad unit.

Glad this finally worked out for you. I started selling gear in hopes of purchasing a Remote back when the early bird announcement was made. Maybe Kemper will eventually get supply and demand sorted out and I'll wind up with one after all. (Every alternative seems to present one problem or another.)

• Today my Remote Display again shows nothing
    its Lit but no Text in the Display
    All switches are working but the Display is off
    No way to bring it back to Life ;(
    Have to sent it to the Company for repair

• Hi
    ok after agreeing with Kemper that must be an Hardware issue,
    I tried again my solution from the first failure.
    Today i unplugged the Remote, downgraded to 2.74
    then upgraded to 3.02 release
    plugged in the remote , and voila the Display works =O
    Now can we assume that it is an Software Bug ??
    Any meanings on that ??
    Thanks

Now can we assume that it is an Software Bug ??

Sure sounds like it, but it's possible that it's bad hardware interacting with overly complex software. For instance, perhaps the KPA and Remote need to pair to establish communication via Mac address, but a battery that powers RAM to store that Mac address is losing power to a leaky capacitor, causing failure over time? Although I'd be very surprised if there were a battery in there at all; pretty much everything relies on non-volatile RAM these days.

In any case, communication with the KPA is probably required in order to retrieve the setting for contrast, which is stored in the KPA. That might explain the wonky display if a connection is not established.

Very mysterious. More mysterious: Kemper still does not appear to understand the problem. Was the Remote designed by Kemper, or did they farm the project out to a 3rd party?