Used kemper, warranty and registration

• Hi everyone!!!
    I'm new to the forum and hopefully a new kemper owner in few days...I've found a good deal nearby from a guy Who sells his kemper rack, and I thougth it is the right chance to jump onboard in this wonderful kemper world :-).
    Before pulling the trigger I have some simple question about buying a previously owned unit That maybe some of you guys can answer:
    - I don't know If the guy registred already the unit with his serial number...in the case I has how can we work it out? Can I make the registration again, or I have to ask him to "delete" is registration or something?
    - Have I got the 3 years warranty given by the manufacturer? The unit is three months old, so i think I should have at least two and half year of warranty still available...is That right? The guy is going to give me of course the receipt from the store he buyed the kemper...
    - is there anything I should know in buying a used kemper (factory reset needed for example, rename the owner ect...)
    Thanks a lot to everyone Who can help!!!
    I can't wait to join the kemper community!!!

• Have heard a couple of other users say that they got warranty service on their second hand Kemper, but the best way to make sure is to send a support request to Kemper Amps and seek a clarification.
    For you to register your Kemper, you'll again have to contact support, or rather the old user will have to contact support and ask them to transfer the registration to your user name/ deregister his user account. Not sure of the exact process.
    A factory reset isn't really necessary, since you can access settings such as name of the Kemper owner, etc from within the system menu. But if you'd like things the way they were out of the box, it doesn't hurt.

• In addition to what Nightlight said, be sure to do a backup of the unit before doing a reset. There could be some nice profiles on it. In fact, I would go through all of them first just to be sure. You can also put them in a folder in the Rig Manager for easy access later.'

Welcome!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Thanks a lot for the answers! I wrote to support at kemper and they also confirmed That the 3 years warranty follows the profiler and not the owner, so I should be ok .
    Today is the day! If everything goes as it should I'm going home tonight with a sweet kemper rack :) can't wait to profile my engl E670...it gonna take some time with all its bells and whistles :-)!!

• Thanks a lot for the answers! I wrote to support at kemper and they also confirmed That the 3 years warranty follows the profiler and not the owner, so I should be ok .
    Today is the day! If everything goes as it should I'm going home tonight with a sweet kemper rack :) can't wait to profile my engl E670...it gonna take some time with all its bells and whistles :-)!!

Well worth it, you won't regret the purchase. Get ready for some fun and great tone!!

Welcome & congrats!

awesome, welcome aboard :)

Thanks for the clarification, looks like it should be all good.

Did you get the Kemper? ^^

• Yesssss the kemper is here and I can't remember when it was the last time I had so much fun with a piece of gear :) super smooth registration of serial number also...now I'm trying to figure out how to Best setup the unit with my motu 828mk3 for recording and re-amping!! I'm having a little trouble with the gain staging using spdif...I thought with everything set to 0dbu I would get perfect DI Vs Reamp signal but I get different results instead... Any advice? Also I had to plan some sort of profile library index 'cause I'm getting lost with all the profiles at disposal!

• Get hooked up to rig librarian. This will help you arrange profiles into folders and weed out the chaff from your selection.
    As far as revamping, you need to work with clean sense to adjust the level of your DI signal both BEFORE AND AFTER recording the initial signal.
    You might want to also reduce the levels of your SPDIF or analogous outputs before they hit the recording interface from the output section.

• Not in my case the dealer doesn't want to know about repairing it or replacing it and Kemper will repair it but you have to pay shipping , what a load of rubbish if you have to pay what's the point if a warranty