3.0.2 Boot Up / Start Up Time ..... 45 Seconds. and only (9) Rigs on my Kemper ..... can this be addressed ?

• Not sure about this, but maybe you have rigs in performance mode which might slow things down a little?
    Not sure about this either, but maybe the stored cabs and fx presets may add a few seconds?
    Anyways, I don't think you can go much faster than that.

Anyways, I don't think you can go much faster than that.

Hmmmm ..... well ..... the KPA is [ really ] a highly specialized and configured computer .....

I have a 7 year old Core2Duo Laptop running an old 1st generation SSD .... I recently put Windows 8.1 on it and it boots from cold-off to the desktop in under 15 seconds ..... and I'm surfing the 'net in another few seconds ....and that's a 15GB o/s ......

Now I do realize that's a bit like apples-and-oranges but my sense is the KPA should be able to boot a good deal quicker than it does ..... anyway ......

• there is zero point comparing a laptop to the KPA.

My kemper boots in around 15/20 seconds and i have about 200 profiles on there ( I don't use performance mode either)

maybe factory default your Kemper and start from scratch?

• I don't use Performance Mode at all either .... and I only have 9 rigs on my KPA !?!?!?!?

Are you running 3.0.2 ?

Now ...... 15 / 20 seconds ..... really ??????

That's the way it should be ...... any thoughts about what I could try ?

• I have a 7 year old Core2Duo Laptop running an old 1st generation SSD .... I recently put Windows 8.1 on it and it boots from cold-off to the desktop in under 15 seconds ..... and I'm surfing the 'net in another few seconds ....and that's a 15GB o/s ......

How fast did your 486-DX66 (~1994) boot from your (that time expensive) SCSI 80MiB harddrive until Windows 3.11 came up?

• It used to be slow when i had 1000 on it. and yes im running the latest firmware

• Hmm, my Toaster has 13 profiles, running latest f/w and takes around 30-40 seconds to boot. I do have over 140 user cabs loaded, along with a fair amount of effects presets - maybe these are taken into account?

Could try just stripping the Kemper back to the 'core' profiles you use, load fx presets/cabs/stomp presets separately and see if that increases the boot time?

It's no bother for me tbh. The boot give me enough time to get my pedal board plugged in and cables ready.

• my opinion: if you turn on a marshall head it takes a bit less but similar time. it might be 15-20 seconds to warm up the tubes. compared to 40 of the kemper i don't see anything bad on the kemper boot time......

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Mine takes over 40 seconds to start.
    This is one thing that must be addressed in future. I know that a tube amp takes over 20-30 seconds to warm up, but also know that AXE FX starts almost instant, so I think that Kemper´s technology is closer that AXE than of a tube amp. I dont ask an instant boot, but some like 10-15 seconds looks reasonable.
    I always can go one hour earlier to the show only to turn on Kemper, so it is not the problem, but if power fails in the middle of the show (dont mean in a general cut of power -that also would disconnect PA-, think more in things like someone unplug a wrong cable in backstage or something like that) , the last thing that I need is have to wait 40 seconds to start to sound again.
    I am very happy with the Kemper in general -more that happy, almost in love with Kemper-, but still have some things that make me miss my AXE FX (boot time and effects/routing flexibility). The good new is that Kemper is a good active company that will evolve for sure his product to solve all this things.

• Had 4 reboots at a show last weekend (playing with someone else's generator in a field always scare me) before we finally gave up. One or two and we make jokes about it, by the last one I was already packing my gear up. Felt bad for the crowd too but they took it better than I did. Would love a quicker boot but it's rarely the problem and never a gig killer imho.

• I know that a tube amp takes over 20-30 seconds to warm up, but also know that AXE FX starts almost instant, so I think that Kemper´s technology is closer that AXE than of a tube amp.

I always let real tube amps warm up at least one minute so parts also can get warm.
    When it comes to replicating a real tube amp I find that the kemper copies both sound and warm up time. Thankfully not the notorious tube failure that can happen. When I've timed the Axe fx 2 it actually has longer start up time now with recent firmwares compared to its earlier fw. Maybe Fractal realized the need to try to make that area 120% real too so now it takes a little longer to start the Axe than before.

• You know, this is actually quite an interesting topic/discussion. Does anyone know what Kemper uses for it's non-volatile memory system/architecture?

I am guessing it has to be something like NAND Flash memory, rather than EEPROM. In any case, the relatively long boot-time is suggestive that the KPA is running some type of high level OS (Linux, perhaps?). This is a completely different beast, as compared to, for example, a Digitech GSP1101, a Line 6 POD HD500X, or an Eleven-Rack.

On another note, assuming the main memory architecture of the KPA is NAND-based Flash, I wonder if this has any ramifications for long-term reliability, given the finite number of Read/Writes for NAND Flash. It is may be a non-issue, however. I imagine the KPA's utilization and frequency in accessing system memory is significantly lower than what occurs in a general purpose personal computer.