Multiple guitars with kpa

• Hey Guys,

My current situation is a kpa with some performances fine tuned to be used with one guitar with P90 elements.
    Now I will have a new guitar with humbuckers and I want to use the same performances. How can I best proceed with out to much of modifications.
    I think with adding some EQ it should be fine no? Can you someone guide me a bit. How to add the eq in the chain (pre/post) any other related info :)

Thnkz guys!

Kr,

J

• Save your Input section for the guitar with P90s as a preset. Now set Clean Sense and Distortion Sense as per the Kemper Input section tutorial for the guitar with humbuckers and save that as a preset. Lock the input section. Now you can recall the presets for the two different guitars when swapping between them. As for eqing, I'd modify the EQ in the Output section to taste with the humbucking guitar to match the P90s rather than trying to EQ individual rigs. Hope that helps!

• Save your Input section for the guitar with P90s as a preset. Now set Clean Sense and Distortion Sense as per the Kemper Input section tutorial for the guitar with humbuckers and save that as a preset. Lock the input section. Now you can recall the presets for the two different guitars when swapping between them. As for eqing, I'd modify the EQ in the Output section to taste with the humbucking guitar to match the P90s rather than trying to EQ individual rigs. Hope that helps!

Exactly this ^^^^^ :)

• That’s interesting, I would do it exactly opposite. Instead of making two changes (one in the input for the volume difference, and one in a stomp for the tone difference) I would do it all in a studio eq stomp in slot A. The reason for slot A is that the difference in volume and eq will both affect all distortion or gain stages after it (distortion stomps or amp). Once you have an eq setting that gets your humbucker to the right output level and matches the tone of your p90 (perfect match is likely impossible by the way), save your performance and save your new eq stomp preset. Then go to all your other performances and free up slot A by juggling your chain around, then load your new eq into A.

In reality though, why not celebrate the differences between your guitars instead of making them sound the same. Why use a screwdriver as a hammer, when a hammer pounds nails better and is not all that great at driving a screw.