merged profiles don`t work...

• here couple of screens ...i made

True direct profile - full spectrum to 20 khz....
    old standart profile with cab off - hicut and huge bell on 15 khz - 80 db ...
    New merged profile with cab off - ( must be a true direct - but not ) - same hicut and bell on 15 khz..

.i tryed all merged profiles from forum with fw3.0 - all of them similar to old ...i miss something ?.... or something gone wrong ?this strange hiend EQ - is heavy affecting cab sound - muddy and don`t feel alive

p.s on monitor outs same situation, no matter

• I don't really understand what you are comparing here...

First off - how did you get those frequency plots?

secondly, what is the relation between these three "profiles"? Are they a studio profile, where you turned off the cab (the middle one), then a direct amp profile taken during the same profiling session (i.e. without changing any settings on the amp) using a power amp level DI box (the "True direct profile" pic to the right), and then finally merged the studio profile and the direct amp profile, stored it and took the cab off to get the merged profile on the left?

• Michael_dk

first off - i record this frequency plots from my KPA ...analog input , rme hdsp aio
    cubase 7.5 ,fabfilter pro Q2 ....

no relation between these three profiles...
    one - studio profile from old firmware ...
    DI profile - made by me from my amp... ,,i compare my di profile with any DI profiles from rig exchange all of them - have a full frequency curve .. like real amp from loadbox .....
    merged profile.. is a profile from forum ,, no matter , i tryed M Britt pack - merged ...
    Tills merged profiles - ALL of THEM - have a similar frequency .....with CAB OFF
    15 hz and highs rolloff... ,WHAT i`m doing wrong ??... i need real direct signal ..from merged profiles..
    without -70 DB hole on 15,khz

you can test yourself .... with any of merged profiles..

i attach three similar profiles from RIG EXCHANGE to this post ...
    direct ,merged ,and studio from old firmware...

i noticed ...some DI profiles from rig exchange - not true di ...

• OK, so if I understand correctly, what you want to show is that when you turn off the cab of either a new merged profile or an old studio profile, there is a huge dip around 15 kHz (actually, I think it's more like 13 kHz due tot he logarthithmic scale, but no matter). Is that what you mean? And that dip is not there with just the direct amp profile. I see what you mean.

I was wondering HOW you get that frequency plot - are you sending white noise through the kemper, or just playing guitar through it or what?

First off, I would ask if you really hear a difference in real-life applicaions (i.e. through a guitar cab). This is just my reaction to you stating you need "real" direct signal :) (remember: if it sounds good it IS good).

Second, you might want to open up a support ticket. There might be something dodgy in the firmware regarding this (though I doubt it has any real world impact on tone, it would probably be nice for the kemper team to know, since there might be related issues.

• I just did some testing.

Direct Amp Profile. Profile was captured with Avalon Di from speaker out. Monitor out.
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…7012202/DA%20Profile.tiff]

Studio Profile from same session. Monitor out cab off.
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…0Profile%20Cab%20Off.tiff]

And the Merged Profile. Monitor out cab off.
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…2/Merged%20Cab%20Off.tiff]

[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27012202/Overlay.tiff]

There is definitely a difference.

I have included audio files, profiles and pictures in the link below.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27012202/Kemper Test.zip

• i did a factory reset of my profiler...
    spectrum on your DIrect profile now sounds and looks exactly like yours
    but on merged and studio - same notch filter

strange and mysterious bug in firmware...........

ups ,, and your profile after couple of minutes - sounds like shit..
    i `m gone crazy....

update .,... i find bug ....something gone wrong then i press CAB off button ...
    its healing by kpa restart ,...
    can be cabdriver bug ....
    trying to reinstall firmware....

Update 2 - ok guys ... after reinstalling firmware..problem completely dissapear..
    but anyway ...difference between DIRECT profiles and merged are strong noticeable..
    i think cabdriver make that difference...can be a way to disable it ?

• Cabdriver algorhithm shouldn't be involved when the profile is merged. Maybe the merging process changes something. I know if you try to merge a cab onto an already merged profile and click store it screws it up somehow. But I guess that's not what is happening here...

I'd say file a bug report to the team :)