More like an real amp
    i only used studio profiles specially M Britt
    when turning off cab sim it has little more treble and less mids
    but both options cab on or off sound better than DXR
    Now i don't know if FRFR is the way to go further
    this small cab sounds so damned good
    Any opinions ? =O

• The eternal question...

IMO a speaker cab still beats FR emulation for authentic guitar amp sound and feel (obviously you're not going to get more authentic than the real thing), but FR offers important benefits in the way of versatility - i.e. being able to approximate vastly different speaker cabinets, or mix in other audio sources with broader frequency content. So ultimately it's down to your personal preferences, how you intend to use the rig, and what compromises you're willing to make.

I'm still going back and forth on this.

• on a FRFR cab you will get "the close miced sound" on a real cab not...you get to hear the Amp connected to this cab. I belongs to your taste..but i personally could not live without a Real guitar cab. The close miced sound you will get in a venue anyway coming from some monitor. If this provided monitor is killer or not i dont care much..

The only problem..connected to a real cab almost every profile will sound great because micplacement isnt the issue now anymore. So you still have to check the profiles you use on some kind monitors or headphones.
    Also think about..in a small venue - only going direct to FOH...the people in front will not hear that much coming from the guitar an miss the rumble coming from the stage. On bigger stages this isnt a issue...

Best solution (in my opinion) is a real cab behind you....and a monitor in front of you. I often hear "oh i dont want to carry that much" i never had a venue in 15 years were no guitar cab + monitors have been provided :)
    So no matter where i play...i only have my Kemper with me...nothing else. Also if the provided guitar cab isnt that good...who cares? You have the perfect studiosound going to FOH...the real cab behind you is just for the rumble.

But when a profile does not sound good for you on monitors...but good on real cab. Than you should ask yourself if the profile is really good. It does not matter from which "known commercial seller" they are. That says absolute nothing. Pick your profiles with monitors to check the full profile sound.
    If you use FRFR at the end...or a Real cab...is up to you

• One thing i had to learn in the last Kemper-weeks: I was conditioned to the sound of "real" guitar cabs.
    You have to play FRFR a while and then compare again. If the more frequencies the FRFR has is to much for you,
    you can cut off something in the kemper you don't want.
    And second: In my experience new Speakers have to be used a while before they sound like they should.
    So the longer i've played, the better they became.

Change the term 'better' to 'more familiar' and you have an exact description of your current situation.

I don't know, I struggle with the semantics here sometimes. I mean, I really appreciate the benefits of FRFR - you might even call me an apologist. I've been chasing the FR amp modeling thing for decades. But when the claim is that your FR rig sounds authentically like the actual amp in question, and then you defend its sounding different by way of its being a paradigm shift... there's a disconnect somewhere. Acid test: try running that logic by a bandmate who's getting impatient with your tone.

• hi
    thanks for all your input
    i played the last half year with the DXR
    but since today ............
    After hearing this cab the DXR no matter what Profile i use all sounds very small
    and "honky"
    with the guitar cab its like" into the great white open"
    anyway doesn't matter where the sound is coming out
    which counts is that it sound good
    and this is always a matter of taste
    fortunatley

anyway doesn't matter where the sound is coming out
    which counts is that it sound good

Yes, and it's great to have options. The Kemper with a power amp installed offers tons of flexible routing so you can always choose the best approach for the situation you're in.

I find that I prefer FR in some situations, e.g. when I'm sitting at home working on solo material, mixing in synths, and experimenting with techy stuff; and I prefer a guitar cab if I'm just playing rock and roll with a band. And that makes sense: traditional tools for a traditional job. If I pick the wrong speaker type for whichever environment, listening fatigue soon follows.

• I'm also torn on this.

Granted, I've only done one gig with my Kemper so far. I used my DXR 10 and for the most part I was satisfied. But it was definitely missing...something. For now I'm guessing that a little tweaking will help but who knows?

I haven't plugged into my regular cab in a long time. I should try it out again.

• In my opinion there is something to keep in mind when using a guitar cab on stage: If you don't want to mic the cab, you'll have to choose a KPA cab sim for FOH. This leads to different sounds on stage and through FOH. If you mic the guitar cab, you can't be sure the sound on stage is the same like through FOH either as this depends on the skills of the sound guy. So no matter how you're going with a guitar cab...you're losing anyway.
    When going FRFR on stage, chances are much higher that stage and FOH sounds are the same.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• i see no reason why the stagesound + FOH sound should be the same

Lets say you have a Marshall Cab 1960 on the Stage...the Profile has also the same cab in the Profile miced with an SM57. It will still not be the same sound..it will never be no matter how you try.
    So it also does not matter if you have a Marshall cab on the stage and using a Profile with a Mesa cab.
    You will also not hear the cab on the stage much..its only for the rumble feeling. I dont even care if its only a Behringer cab :)

• I don't know, I struggle with the semantics here sometimes. I mean, I really appreciate the benefits of FRFR - you might even call me an apologist. I've been chasing the FR amp modeling thing for decades. But when the claim is that your FR rig sounds authentically like the actual amp in question, and then you defend its sounding different by way of its being a paradigm shift... there's a disconnect somewhere. Acid test: try running that logic by a bandmate who's getting impatient with your tone.

This is no contradiction to me. The VAST majority of amps I haven't been in a room with ever, only a few that I happened to own over time.
    So the majority of amps I have learned to love by recordings. My whole musical socialization is through recordings. Getting these exact tones with the profiler is constantly and deeply rewarding for me.

• Keep in mind, that a real guitar cab will act as a filter. It compensates tonal changes within the profiles due to its own characteristic EQ curve. Though this is a comfortable situation on stage, it can cause many problems for the FOH PA. It you use two different profiles with one being rather warm sounding and the other being rather bright, your guitar cab will compensate for these changes. However, the audience will hear these differences very clearly over the PA.

Using FRFR system requires a more careful selection and tweaking of the used profiles. On the other hand, the audience will have a better experience as well. And this is what counts.

• i see no reason why the stagesound + FOH sound should be the same

Lets say you have a Marshall Cab 1960 on the Stage...the Profile has also the same cab in the Profile miced with an SM57. It will still not be the same sound..it will never be no matter how you try.
    So it also does not matter if you have a Marshall cab on the stage and using a Profile with a Mesa cab.
    You will also not hear the cab on the stage much..its only for the rumble feeling. I dont even care if its only a Behringer cab :)

You're right, it will never be exactly the same. But with FRFR it can get closer. Anyway it's all a matter of taste and approach.

• Hm...not sure if I'm getting your point. My point is: Imo FRFR on stage will sound closer to the sound through FOH (same KPA cab sim for FRFR and FOH) than a mic'd guitar cab or a non-mic'd guitar cab, but with KPA cab sim to FOH.

• This is no contradiction to me. The VAST majority of amps I haven't been in a room with ever, only a few that I happened to own over time.
    So the majority of amps I have learned to love by recordings. My whole musical socialization is through recordings. Getting these exact tones with the profiler is constantly and deeply rewarding for me.

I get where you're coming from, and I'm very much in the same boat, but I'd maintain that when FRFR is truly mature, I should be able to turn on cabinet emulation through a powered monitor, and not be able to tell the difference between turning that emulation off and running through a physical guitar cabinet. It might be that I've just never heard a powered monitor good enough to deliver those results, or that I'm running flawed profiles, or tweaking EQ improperly... but I have yet to experience this. What we have is good, and useful... but not the same. (And every company with amp/speaker simulation since ~1997 claims it is.)