Saving and Editing Stomp Box Settings

• Sorry if this has been covered before - can't seem to find an answer using search.

Background requirement: I want to save 'custom' stomp box settings as a sort of global default I can call up for future use. I also want to be able to go back and edit them and save the tweaked global default outside of a performance. Right now, I am attempting to do this from Performance Mode and storing the custom stomp box separate from the performance so I can call it up later.

Lets say I just called up a stored custom stomp box: after I go in and tweak the settings, I go to store the tweaked 'custom' stomp box. What I have tried is storing with the same name (i.e. Auto Wah 1) and instead of overwriting/updating the current version it creates a new one with the same name. (I think I have five Auto Wah 1's right now)

So the question is how can I create a custom stomp box, save it so it is 'globally' available, and then be able to go back and edit it and save/store it as the same global custom stomp box. Being able to edit the name without creating a duplicate would be helpful too.

Hopefully that makes sense. I want the global custom to be sort of a baseline I can pull into a performance and then be able to either tweak and save it only to the performance itself, or to be able to tweak and save to the global custom. Apologies if I beat a dead horse with detail. Thanks in advance.

• Hi, i dont understod the global think you are writing of.
    To use a stomp global, you have to load it and you have to lock it.
    If you want to use a custom stomp out of your stock, set it in a rig, tweak it as you like and press the store button when the stomp is active. Store only the stomp and rename it if you like. If you have more customed stomp, delete them in the custom stock by using the soft button.
    If you tweak the locked custom stomp and want to use it later in another rig, save it and rename it.
    I think thats all you can do.

cheers
    Frank

• Eltzejupp, he wants to tweak already stored stomp box settings without renaming it when storing again. And this is not possible atm. We need an option like "Replace".

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• You're right, paults. I chose the wrong words in my post above (no native speaker). What I meant was: If you don't rename an existing stomp box preset after editing, it is stored with the same name, but as a new preset. That's why we need a replace-option.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• The Profiler's layout is so consistent that you can apply procedures to many entities: copying, saving, storing... Just have the entity you want to act upon highlighted (selected), and see what actions apply.
    Basically, you save a section the way you save a single effect.

HTH

• Likewise, you can copy a section and paste it wherever this makes sense, dor example in another rig or in another section ( for example, stomps Vs. FX)

[sorry, it seems this board doesn't allow me to edit my posts]

• The Profiler's layout is so consistent that you can apply procedures to many entities: copying, saving, storing... Just have the entity you want to act upon highlighted (selected), and see what actions apply.
    Basically, you save a section the way you save a single effect.

HTH

Exactly.
    IMHO, the best software is thusly written - establish a logical paradigm and stick to it.