Rig Manager 1.5 feature requests

• After using the Rig Manager 1.5 beta for a while to manage performances, I have compiled a short list of feature requests that I think will make the process more efficient. The ability to manage performances is wonderful, and I would love to see it become even more flexible.

• When moving a performance via drag+drop, don't swap the positions of the source/target performances. Instead, insert the dropped performane and move all subsequent performances down one position. Or, drop on top of an existing performance to swap positions and drop in-between performances to insert.
    • When using CTRL+Up/Down arrow keys to move a performance up/down, retain focus on the performance so you can immediately move the same performance again. It is currently very cumbersome to use shortcut keys to move a perforamnce by more than a single position.
    • Ability to select and arrange multiple performances simultaneously.
    • Global option to overwrite performance slot names when copying/pasting slots.
    • Global option to overwrite performance slot names when copying/pasting rigs (assign rig name to slot name). This is a workflow issue. Some users might manually rename slots before pasting rigs, while others might prefer to automatically inherit the pasted rig's name. The existing behavior is confusing, and depends on whether a slot is empty, has been named, or already contains a rig.
    • Command to copy rig name to slot name (can already be done on the KPA itself).
    • Ability to create (ordered) setlist folders, not just a pool of performances.

I have not had a chance to use beta 2 yet, so I'm not sure if any of these have been addressed yet.

• I'd like to add a couple issues to the list as well if I may...

• Option to rename the profiler from "My Profiler" to anything you like
      (This to be able to identify the profiler if you have more than one. Now both of them are called the same)
    • Option to either sync performances between them, or keep them totally separate from each other
      (Now I have no control over the sync process whatsoever)
  • Is it really, Don? I'd have thought it more elegant to only have to edit one unit, and... done.

IMO Performance Mode ist your standard live application mode.
    everything that's part of your live setup should be considered extremely sensitive data - the potential confusion such a theoritical syncing process could cause is in no relation to the very minor increase of convenience.
    syncing has it's applications, like the automatic sync between Rig Exchange and Rig Manager, but I fail to see any benefit in this scenario.

just my 2 cents ;)