Laney IRT-X best way to connect to Kemper?

• If the speakers are full range/flat response you can either connect them to the main outs of the Profiler or to the monitor out and direct out. Just make sure that you select the appropriate output sources in the output menu of the Profiler.
    Set the main outs to master stereo and the direct out and the monitor out to master left and master right.

• I just purchased a Laney IRT-X, and have only played with it for an hour or so, but my initial impressions are positive.
    -Connection is XLR out from KPA to XLR in the IRT-X; no cab emulation, low input gain vs. my KRK Rokit 5 monitors using the same set up.
    -Somewhat more trebly and less bass than my Rokit's, but I think that's because of where I positioned the Rokits.
    -Easy EQ adjustments using the back panel on the IRT-X.
    -Sound seems more natural than the Rokit's, although also somewhat less refined. Since I was looking for something more "real", this is a positive for me.
    -Cab emulation seems pretty good using direct profiles, I like the 1x12 emulation better than the 4x12: more punchy and less muddy. Having the ability to load IR's would be nice.
    -I briefly tried playing an MP3 on it via Mac -> KPA -> IRT-X, and it sounds great, so I assume it would work well as a PA or maybe for input like from BIAS on an iPad or something (it has an AUX input).
    -Smaller than I thought, and lighter (which is a good thing). I haven't been abel to crank it yet to see how loud it can get.
    -Seems sturdy, angling to enable use as a monitor is nice.
    -I'm a bedroom player, so can't give a perspective on live use, but for my needs it seems like a keeper, especially for the price (I paid about EUR 360 for it). I was debating between this and a 2x12 cab, and a happy so far. I might get another actually to do stereo.

If you have any specific questions, just let me know.

• -Cab emulation seems pretty good using direct profiles, I like the 1x12 emulation better than the 4x12: more punchy and less muddy. Having the ability to load IR's would be nice.

Why would you need this? The Kemper has full integration with cabs.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• To use as a regular cab with a tube amp head. Right now I can, but only using the two built in cab simulations, so the ability to load additional ones would be nice. Agree that when using with the KPA it doesn't matter.

• Thanks for the suggestion .
    I will steer my focus to this box. I think without emulation it works as active FRFR-Box
    Until now I thought a cheap monitor on stage is quite enough for me. Most Important is the sound over the PA.
    The more I deal with the KPA, the more I become demanding. Because, opportunity makes the thief. :)
    This box seems to be a good compromise,
    On the one hand a good guitar cabinet (or FRFR) for small gigs (without guitar via PA) on the other hand a good monitor.
    The price (Thomann EUR 425;-) seems fair enough and 11,5 kg is not too heavy.
    I will now watch the market regard this box (ore competitors) more precisely.
    I hope, the first impression of a promotional video is close to reality.

Ciao Harry

• I'll crank it and will let you know.

Sharry, I haven't used it live so hard to say whether it'd be better than a cheap stage monitor, but I agree that it's a good compromise, and I really like that it's light and has a lot of additional functionality - can be used as a guitar cab, monitor, can be used for playing from iPad, and also as an "extension cab" (e.g., connect to a small tube/combo amp and make it louder). Since it's a "jack of all trades" it probably isn't as good as more expensive dedicated units, but if you're looking for an all-in-one solution that is small, light, and won't break the bank (like I was), my impression based on 2 hours of use is that this is a good bet.

One thing I didn't mention in my other post: some high gain profiles sounded like they had unpleasant higher frequencies in the IRT-X vs. my monitors. It was only 1-2 of the 10 or so high gain profiles I tried, and were the ones that were oriented towards being "tight". It was an easy fix using EQ, so for me not a big deal, since the others sounded fine. Cleans and lower gain didn't have this issue. You can't have everything for EUR 360 :)

• Cleans and lower gain didn't have this issue. You can't have everything for EUR 360

Thanks for the additional information.
    I'm quite shure, that every modern active Box is better than my 5 year old 130 Euro Behringer Monitor :) .
    But untill now I didn't care for that. Till now I used it with the KPA only in small room Gigs. Duo with pop music for Seniors - means little noise. (My cash cow :) )
    Sunday, I had rehearsal with the rock band in a bigger hall and considered the difference to the former stage sound with a Tube-Combo. :/
    I suppose, your price is from UK. Thomann (DE) wants more. :(
    I do not play music, where I need to much gain and if so, rather creamy sounds.
    I will see when my piggy bank again has enough fat on the ribs. ;)
    Ciao - Harry

• So this isn't exactly "cranking it" (my kids are asleep) but here are the results of a quick volume test:
    -KPA Master volume on 5.0, rig volume on 12 o'clock, TAF Evil Robot Push3 profile (gain of 3 on the Rig Manager gain scale), Washburn Solar 160 guitar, SD Custom bridge pickup, guitar volume on max
    -IRT-X output volume on max, input on only 1/4
    = 94 db from about 1 meter away
    (and loud enough for my wife to tell me to stop, so that's it for the test)

It could definitely go louder. At the level described above, there is some noticeable input hiss. Hope that helps.

• Just dredging up an old thread in case anyone is interested. I'm using a pair of these with the Kemper. They sound great at low volume but get pretty harsh when you crank things up. In saying that, they cut through brilliantly in a band situation. I'm using the studio eq on the Kemper to take out a couple of nasty spikes but I'm far from content with them and have a Mackie DLM12 on the way.

• Update- the Mackie sounded like poo so I returned it. I've spent a bit more time tweaking patches and bought some Britt rigs which are much darker than the majority I've found- the results are really good. I no longer run any EQ in an fx slot. At band practice last night the IRTs sounded really clear and loud without actually being loud. Playing through them at home it's easy to get the impression that they are lacking something; however, in a band situation they're voiced perfectly and occupy the space in the mix that they should. I'm really impressed with them.