Ring modulator, Frequency shifter, Wah formant shifter soundexamples?

• Hello, is anyone here using these effects and are there recorded soundexamples which are useful?
    I have not realy an idea how to use this effects. Some examples with written tweak parameters would be fine.

• I was just playing around with the Wah Phaser and Wah Flanger yesterday and having a really hard time finding what I think should be a usable version of them - I can only imagine those will be even more difficult if I get there. If I ever get something I like, I will post them.

• I was just playing around with the Wah Phaser and Wah Flanger yesterday and having a really hard time finding what I think should be a usable version of them - I can only imagine those will be even more difficult if I get there. If I ever get something I like, I will post them.

Hi, agreed 100%. It will be difficult because i have no idea for which kind of style these effects are useable.
    I will try to practice with it over the weekend. If i find a good tweak, i will record a little tune and post it.

cheers
    Frank

• The wah formant shifter can be used for pedal-controlled Talkbox effects. PRSGary's FX preset is downloadable from the Kemper website. There is also one from me on the Rig Exchange.

THX for the tip Paul. At the moment i am working on a clean tone with wah ring modulator. It's strange but it goes forward.. I use the clean rig from guidosn Peavy jsx to get a Vai effect clean tone. Example later.

I did a little work on a rig with the wah ring modulator. IMO the tone is not so bad. Nice chime behind the tone because i ducked it.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But please, if anybody has a good idea to use those effects, please post with an example.

cheers
    Frank

• Hello, is anyone here using these effects and are there recorded soundexamples which are useful?
    I have not realy an idea how to use this effects. Some examples with written tweak parameters would be fine.

@Eltzejupp
    did you download the "Rig Pack 01, 02 & 04 (April 2012 - January 2013) revised" from our website?

Rig Pack 04 has FX rigs which feature the mentioned effects... heavily :)

from the pdf:
    FX Alien Bender
    A great source of deep, spacey drones. Low, sustained single notes turn into a big, vibrating cloud of sound that gets smoother over time. Chords start out dissonant, almost distorted, and evolve into ambient washes. The Frequency Shifter together with pre and post amp compression are the main ingredients here. Depending on your guitar and pickups, this rig might create quite a bit of low frequency content, so carefully check how the volume setting works for you and adjust if necessary.

FX Multi AM Clean
    One tremolo and two ring modulators create a dense,bubbly, almost 3D-ish amplitude modulation.Arpeggiate suspended and add9 voicings with openstrings for swirly, psychedelic goodness.

FX Tesla Bagpipe in A
    Nikola Tesla did a lot of things, unfortunately, he never crossed one of his coil transformers with a bagpipe. The fuzzed and wave-shaped signal runsthrough a ring modulator tuned to the note 'A'. Forgetchords - try single notes (e.g. Amin pentatonic) and enjoy the truly electric quality of your guitar.

FX GT-1000 Nightmare
    Rate reduction and a ring modulator turn a 9V practiceamp into the stuff that haunts you at night. Chords areedgy and grainy with a pumping compression, whilehigher single notes create tension with their metallic,insectoid shadows.

FX Bad Cellphone
    A compressed, bit-crushed signal is fed into a dirty amp and heavily filtered. In fact, the Graphic EQ removes 12dBs from all bands while boosting 1250Hz by 9.5dBs. It sounds kinda like miking an amplifier with a cell phone with poor reception. Note how the sustain gets grainier and finally chokes. Useful for Intros, layering and break down parts.

FX BAR Fuzz Fays Lead
    A profile of the mighty Barnacle Fuzz, set to sound like a Fuzz Face on steroids. The post-amp stereo widener, compression and delay are all set to 'duck' out of the way of your playing, but to get bigger when you sustain a note or pause. Also great with the tone knob on your guitar turned all the way down.

FX Circuit Bent Amplotron
    If the Mars rover Curiosity would find an amplifierbuild by an ancient civilization on the red planet, I betit would sound something like this. Soft Shaper, BitShaper and Rate Reducer age your signal by approximately 15,000 years and the touch wah post amp gives it an alien vocal quality.

FX GT-1000 Wah Lead
    This fuzzy rig has a nice artificial quality to it that isfurther enhanced by the Wah Phaser and hassurprisingly good definition and attack. Again, usefulfor Intros, layering and break down parts.

FX Martian Dub Step
    A low-pass filtered tremolo hits a distorting amp andthe result is rectified for good measure. The infamous Dub Step 'Wobble' for your guitar. Try it with lowpower chords in drop D.

FX Pick Harmonics Lead
    The wah and mid-boost before the stack and the lowandhigh-pass filters post stack give you a thick andsolid lead tone. When you really dig in, you can 'duck'the delay and reverb enough to give you a crunchyrhythm sound or make your singly note runs soundloud and clear. Then, if you play an artificial/pickharmonic, bend it and hold it - the delay and reverbwill come in and enlarge this one note, giving it adramatic quality.

• Hello Don,
    many thx for this tip, i will check it out.
    cheers
    Frank

• Hello Don, thx for the tip. TheFX Pick Harmonics Lead is a killer. I changed the amp and cab to my fav amp and cab and used your fx tweak. Sounds so great. I called this new rig Sustaaaain, because with this fx settings the tone stands endless. Never heard it bevore. Nice work!