Auto Engage function for the Wah?

• Hi all,

Im really new here and please pardon if this was answered a thousand times already. I did skim but did not see it.
    I have 2 Mission Expression pedals to use with my new Kemper remote and Profiler, one with the spring that sits in the rocked back position, and great for a WahWah effect. The other I will use for volume control.

My question is, is there a "auto engage" function setup with frequency (Hi end low end) adjustments for these types of pedals within the Kemper software?

Being able to keep the Wah off until you rock the pedal forward a certain percentage wise, and then adjusting the frequency of the low end of the wah so it sounds like the wah just appeared out of no where, and then just disappears in the same fashion when you remove your foot from the pedal, is just magic (with the Axe FX II).

I am hoping that my Kemper has this function too (waiting for it to arrive)...

Any info on this or url is appreciated- and nice to meet you all :thumbup:

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• TY Paults for that info.

May I ask, is there also frequency adjusts for the wah starting point and ending point? Say you wanted to adjust the wah to start at 367 hz when it kicks on going forward, and at toe down you wanted 1500 hz max. Are these points available for adjustable too?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

• I've got the spring-loaded Mission pedal too, and I love it - the Kemper has a Bypass@Heel setting, so the wah behaves just like my Dunlop 95Q.

High and low frequencies... yes, you can set them, but unfortunately it doesn't tell you the frequency. In the Wah effect settings, "Manual" adjusts the frequency at the low end of the pedal's range, and Peak adjusts the high end. However, you've also got a couple of Range settings that interact with these a bit, so it can take some trial and error to get the sound you want. On the plus, those settings allow for some pretty crazy sounds if you want them.

• Great Stuff guys thanks! I really don't need frequency readouts as long as my poor old ears can still do that. Im assuming its adjustments in real time, so you can tweak and listen without having to jump out of some sub-menu Lok? Thanks again!

• Yes, the "Bypass@Heel" setting is where it's at, IMHO.

Obviously the lower limit of the range is set individually for each stomp preset you might use.

FWIMBW, I found that the default settings still gave that impression you like of "coming out of nowhere", provided one employs the Bypass at Heel option in System Setup.