All those rigs...

• I have my Kemper down to around 200 rigs, but I find that 99% of the time I use one rig, ride my guitar volume and tone knobs and use a couple of OD pedals out front. It's a nice Marshall Plexi and I can get just about anything out of it. Loving it!

What has been your experience? Do you like variety or have a go to rig?

• I use a lot less rigs live now than I used to. Down to 4 different rigs, Each has it's own flavor and will sit a bit different in the mix. When I do a sound check I pick which one likes the room the best and use that for most of our night.

• When playing live, I use my Jubilee for almost everything that isn't a clean sound. It responds really well to volume knob and playing dynamics, so it covers a lot of ground.

My main clean to bluesy sounds are a Matchless.

The above two profiles could easily be enough. There are various Rigs made from them, with different effects.

BUT, I also use Jc120, Jcm800, JSX on a couple of songs.

• I tried so many Rigs for live-use (in soudchecks and rehearsals) and ALWAYS after a few minutes I come back to my 4 Profiles of my Boogie Mark IV. Clean, clean+Tubescreamer, crunch and lead. I also used these 4 sounds before having the kpa.

Sometimes i use a Profile of a Jackson Ampworks Newcastle for Clean instead of the Boogie Clean.

Martin

• I usually use 1 rig live (sometimes 2... if I feel adventurous... :D). I save it in several gain veriations though. Sometimes it's easier to change the gain via foot than via the guitar volume. Use the volume 95% of the time though! The Kemper also is the most dynamic "amp" I have ever played.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I have a handful of go-to rigs for each of my guitars that match each instrument's individual characteristics. At gigs I mostly stick to a little handful of rigs. I sometimes play with a cover/partyband where the aim is to sound as close to the originals as possible. That requires the use of a variety of guitars and rigs, but most of the time I simply focus on getting good tone out of whichever guitar I'm playing.