Locking everything down except the Master Volume

• This is what I am facing. I have my performances tailored to what I need during a performance. Everything is level and sounding perfect, the only thing I need to do is raise or lower the master volume.

My questions is, I want to lock the performance characteristics for each performance so the only thing that can be manipulated is the master volume.

I don't want somebody of stage to have access to anything other than the master volume.

How can I apply this concept??

mojo

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller

• Well, a stored performance in a way equals a locked status.
    If I get you right you want to prevent any operation of the profiler except for Master Volume by locking its status.
    This is not possible right now.
    I agree with @paults, get your profiler on stage or school your roadies.

• How can I apply this concept??

Can you do this with an Amp?
    I can not imagine that any other user would like to have such a solution. (How to unlock the lock?)

The only Idea I have recently is to build a lockable cage with a small hole only to operate the Master Volume.

Harry

• Lol!
    That'd solve it

• How about you simply stop playing as soon as you hear that someone's fiddling, select another rig and return (e.g. up one and then down one) in order to return you to the rig's original settings.

I say this because:
    Rig selection is instantaneous on the Kemper, meaning that this procedure need not take more than a second or two.
    It's unlikely that whoever might be fiddling will accidentally overwrite your original data; the changes would be sitting in the temp buffer, which the rig-swapping idea will clear.

I'm betting that you can achieve this between phrases in a live performance using a footswitch.

• Yeah, unfortunately it's not, but given that you said:

"I don't want somebody off stage to have access to anything other than the master volume"

... suggests that you don't want any fiddling to take place, and I reckon my solution's your best-and-possibly-only option for quick-and-dirty correction should you hear things go awry.

Obviously you'd like to be able to lock things so front-panel control is removed for practically all settings. As a lock of this nature isnt present (yet), I'm afraid that my idea to "quickly switch presets away and back between playing phrases" may be your only hope.

EDIT: For the sake of clarity for anyone "new" to this:

The "Lock" function doesn't actually lock one out from making changes such as tweaking the Tone Stack EQ or what have you; it prevents settings' being updated when a different Rig is called up. In this sense, none of the Locks the OP could put in place could prevent someone from accidentally or intentionally altering settings.