Kemper Not Detected by RM on Mac

• I have reinstalled RM, restarted my KPA, restarted my Mac, etc etc - But for some reason, RM just refuses to acknowledge my KPA. It used to work fine when I first got it, but after the last few updates (both OSX and Kemper updates), things don't seem to jive anymore.

Is there any sure-fire way to get them to work? I've tried the USB cable with other devices, so I know it's plugged in fine and works. Is there any chance I could have changed a setting to make the USB not talk to the computer?

Thanks in advance.

• I can't help but to feel a little insulted about the USB cable question (obviously the component [square-ish] port) - but I guess you gotta start with the basics, right? lol And I've used the USB cable with an Akai MPD26 and a number of USB keyboards, all of which work beautifully and immediately.

I've downloaded several versions of the Rig Manager and nothing changes.

I've swapped USB cables, plugged directly into the Mac (and into a hub) and no dice.

What else ya got? I'm all ears.

• but I guess you gotta start with the basics, right? lol

LOL! You would be surprised how many times it has turned out to be that exact issue :)

I'm a PC ucser, so I don't know what you can and cannot see with a MAC. Can you see if the KPA driver is onstalled on your MAC? Can the MAC see the KPA connected to the USB port without Rig Manager?

I do have a one other suggestion to get some Mac-specific help. Try changing your thread title to: Rig Manager Not Seeing Kemper with Mac :(

• Thread title changed!

And I have no idea how to look for drivers. And no, there's no sound when I plug or unplug the Kemper from the USB port.

*sigh. I guess it's not impossible to do everything with the USB stick, just really frustrating that I can't audition rigs in real time from the web. Maybe that function is broke on my Kemper. I'm all out of ideas.

It's just like my interface a while back; it started to not work every now and again, then after so many updates, it stopped working all together. Maybe the Kemper is the same way. It sucks because literally EVERY other function works perfectly. I don't know why JUST the USB would not be working.

• Seriously, guys - I'm at my wit's end. NOTHING has worked.

RM and my Kemper used to work fine, but as the months have gone by and updates installed on my Mac and Kemper, eventually they just stopped talking.

YES - I'm using a good USB cable and YES it's plugged into the correct square-ish port on the Kemper. YES I'm running the latest version of OSX and YES I'm running the latest version of RM.

I cannot see any driver for RM or the Kemper in the Mac's System>Library>Extensions folder; nor can I find anywhere to download just the driver. The RM installer SAYS that it's installing the driver, but it doesn't say where and it never shows up in the Extensions folder.

I have restarted everything about 20 times with no luck. I'm going insane. Someone PLEASE help :(

• I should add that it almost seems like my Mac isn't detecting the Kemper at all; there's no sound when I plug in the USB or disconnect it. Not sure if that means anything...

Only thing I haven't tried is factory resetting my Kemper. There goes all my presets... Here goes nothing...

• Nope. Full factory reset didn't do anything.

Anyone? Please, I've wasted hours trying to get this figured out. I bought the Kemper because I enjoyed playing - not tweaking, and certainly not scouring the internet for hours trying to solve technical issues..

• Not yet. It's typically faster to fix things myself with the help of the internet. Otherwise, I email them, wait a few days for a response like, "Have you tried using a different USB cable?" and then I respond, wait a few days, etc., rinse and repeat.

I'd rather Google and ask on forums which are 24/7 first. But if all else fails and literally no one has had this issue, and customer service is my last recourse, then I'll email them.

• Not yet. It's typically faster to fix things myself with the help of the internet. Otherwise, I email them, wait a few days for a response like, "Have you tried using a different USB cable?" and then I respond, wait a few days, etc., rinse and repeat.

I'd rather Google and ask on forums which are 24/7 first. But if all else fails and literally no one has had this issue, and customer service is my last recourse, then I'll email them.

Yes, faulty USB cable can be the problem. Although it was on Windows, the cable was working with printer, but not working with Kemper, so check other cable if you have the chance.

Good luck.

• That link redirects here. I appreciate your time to post, but it's no help. I've de-installed and re-installed about 20-30 times now; every combination of available RM versions with both of each's included drivers. Still, no dice.

Yes, faulty USB cable can be the problem. Although it was on Windows, the cable was working with printer, but not working with Kemper, so check other cable if you have the chance.

Good luck.

Like I've said; I've tried several USB cables, all 3 of which worked flawlessly on all my other gear(an Akai MPD26, an M-Audio Keystation 88, and a Yamaha Portagrand. The Kemper is the only one they don't work on. I suppose it's possible that all 3 are faulty, but my own reasoning tells me it's gotta be something else. Just for giggles, I tried a FOURTH USB cable before posting; it's not the USB cable. I can guarantee that 100%.

Any other ideas? At this point, I'm almost POSITIVE there's a USB setting that must have gotten changed on the Kemper; either in the "secret" system menu or otherwise. Because even without showing up in RM, it should - at the absolute least - trigger some sort of sound or notification in OSX.

• Hello,

I'm actually having the same issue! I worked late into the night last night organizing Rig Manager and testing profiles. Everything worked fine. This morning I power everything up RM and the Profiler do not see each other at all! Tried different USB cables, different ports, updated Kemper to new firmware....

The Audio/Midi detection on my Mac doesn't see the Kemper either. It was all working flawlessly last night!

• Hello,

I'm actually having the same issue! I worked late into the night last night organizing Rig Manager and testing profiles. Everything worked fine. This morning I power everything up RM and the Profiler do not see each other at all! Tried different USB cables, different ports, updated Kemper to new firmware....

The Audio/Midi detection on my Mac doesn't see the Kemper either. It was all working flawlessly last night!

Keep me in the loop - if you figure something out, please share. Right now I'm booting up my old PC laptop and gonna put RM on it and see if it detects my KPA... standby...

• Nope. PC isn't recognizing it either. Doesn't even make the connect/disconnect sound. The KPA is literally invisible to my computer(s).

Is the port just dead, maybe? Can that happen? Shouldn't there be some sort of self-check the Kemper does that would detect an issue like that?