Plexi Profiles for free | Geraldo PAkk 2

• Yo. I have waited a long time to be able to profile this monster with no master volume. And ...
    ... something went wrong or not good, i dunno. This time i could need a helping hand here.
    I you want to check out the profiles, there is a very good one: Cruemel 3 ST!!
    And others are, well, strange. Profiler says while profiling:
    Noise gate detected, check!
    But there was nothing involved but the standard DI setting.
    Nevertheless, you will find good tones once you start with the C3 ST, i am sure ...

THE Plexi PAkk

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• Some of older users may remember that this gem got a lot of 5 stars in 2012, it would be nice if you gave 'em a check, before i can improve in a second session ...

Here are some infos about this amp:

The Amp:
    Cruemel is a Plexi Clone of a Marshall JTM, after block logo era and before they changed the KT66s which are used here, so probably genuine at beginning/mid of 1966, with 45 Watt. Preamp uses 3 x ECC83 tubes while the power amp section uses 2 x KT-66 tubes and 1 x GZ34 (5AR4).

Cruemel is the German singular form of the english word “crumbs” and is –– ofcourse –– written in my mother tongue with an umlaut, aka “ü”. {"Krümel"}

The Setting:
    The DI profiles were done with a Behringer DI100 Ultra, the studio profiles were done with an additional Shure SM57 close on edge of cone, on axis, moved a bit to the side of outer edge. A Solton Box was used during profiling, a strange and good sounding 2x15 inch(!) and on the cleanest profile a 4x12 Hughes&Kettner with speakers very similiar to V30s. I merged the DI profiles with various speakers, among them some very good of the free pack of Till from Hannover, well known here as “tylerb”. Thanks for those!

The Results:
    Cruemel 5.5 for instance means: Volume (=Distortion) of both channels simultaneously (bridged) at 5.5 of the knobs which go to 10 –– theoretically, because “10” does not work, real and ugly distortion sets in at 9.1! No Master Volume in 1966.

ST = Studio Profile
    DI = Direct Profile
    M = Merged Profile

+OR = Boosted with Okko Diablo, “left channel” rock overdrive, full boost
    +BO = Boosted with Preamp Crunch channel of Korg A4

Have fun

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• great stuff Geraldo,I'll give a shot to the rigs

The noise gate issue is strange, some amps cannot be easily profiled because of all kinds of buffers in the input, maybe this one amp was upgraded with a similar device ?

• great stuff Geraldo,I'll give a shot to the rigs

The noise gate issue is strange, some amps cannot be easily profiled because of all kinds of buffers in the input, maybe this one amp was upgraded with a similar device ?

yo, this is even stranger, since the first profile (the good 3ST and DI) happened without problems ... ?(
    the amp indeed was modified and an effects loop added i have never used but the seller praised it so i took it. 5 years ago the amp was 500 euro cheaper than now. so
    no big deal here, but maybe the reason for the trouble??

• Hi Geraldo.

most of them sound pretty bad , muffled , output to high overdriven the KPA . ( sorry ;( )

the 3 st sounds regular , but not tops like your first pack ( Jumbo ) , that is amazing.

Ive had some trouble with my Behringer DI100 Ultra, i think something to do with the battery to low.

anyway , i just couldnt profile my Vox NT2 ( in overdrive ) with that it.

• output to high overdriven the KPA . ( sorry )

Thanks for the feedback, no need to be sorry. many profiles are clipping and i do not know why. the battery is fresh.
    I profiled the much appreciated Jet at low volume, and the plexi at VERYVERY high volume, maybe too much?
    i'll try it on friday at low volume, would be funny if it works better then, cu here

• amp -> Behringer DI100 Ultra -> Behringer Tube Mic 100

one solution was:

amp -> Behringer DI100 Ultra -> Behringer Tube Mic 100

this way I could control better the DI output before the KPA input.

Thanx for this tipp, by coincidence i saw just yesterday that i have sold a lot of stuff on ebay but not this one, gonna test it, thx

• Hi Geraldo, I tested 'em yesterday and I dig them , they have a special 'early Clapton' tone with that typical honk in the midrange, they may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really appreciate this character in the tones.

• they have a special 'early Clapton' tone with that typical honk in the midrange

and a big yup! no wonder, cause EC used the combo version of this amp for the famous "Beano" album.
    Thank you that you dig 'em. I am going to improve on the pack (v2.1) with all of your comments. :thumbup:

• I get the noise gate detected for some pod hd patches, and i made sure any gate on the patch is disabled. The pod can be weird though - sometimes some notes are louder than others, or mutes are louder than unmuted, or the attack of the note is way louder than the sustain. Obviously flaws in the pod algorithms. Not sure why itd happen with your amp, but hope you figure it out.