Pure Cabinet : The importance of reading manuals and update logs!!!

• Woah Pure Cabinet WTF!!! What a change sounds even better - I was messing about the with the ouput section and came across this box unchecked and then checked it, it's like things opened up...

I've now read up on it, it's amazing to think Kemper took the feedback and offered up the solution, how smart are these guys :D

• Woah Pure Cabinet WTF!!! What a change sounds even better - I was messing about the with the ouput section and came across this box unchecked and then checked it, it's like things opened up...

I've now read up on it, it's amazing to think Kemper took the feedback and offered up the solution, how smart are these guys :D

true, but there are cases in which the PC doesn't do that much. I have tried in many commercial profiles and at every setting, from low to high the sound gets a bit undefined. from many experience of kemperians I have been told that the PC is like a manna for not too perfect profiles.

if interested read this thread: pure cabinet makes profile a bit muddy

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I use it purely as a phase-issue eliminator / reducer.

In almost 100% of cases, it's sub-par (amateurish) profiles that require PC's being dialled up. The flag that screams "more PC" for me is high-end harshness / sharpness / phase-cancellation - I dial up the PC amount before even considering EQ tweaks.

Given how wonderfully it works for me this way, from my perspective it's the phase-reduction tool of the Kemper. The fact that it has the effect of "removing the microphone" from the equation, as has been claimed, is to me merely a side effect of said phase reduction. The less professional the profiling process, the more likely mic choice and positioning is to manifest phase cancellation / comb filtering in my experience. This is why so many low-budget profiles sound so different from "amps in the room", IMHO; it's the constricted, "suffocated", phasey sound of the mic setup that we're hearing.

All IMHO, of course, and YMMV.