New Profiler Remote... wow!

• When I purchased my KPA, I wasn't sure if I would be using it live as I had an incredible array of sounds with my Vox AC30HW and satisfying collection of pedals. As I needed something to control the KPA live and didn't want to spend a fortune, I picked up a Behringer FCB1010 for £30 second hand and installed a Uno4Kemper chip and started using the KPA at gigs. The setup has gone way beyond my expectations and I now have an AC30 that I don't want to sell, but don't think I will be using it any more as the KPA is amazing!

As the KPA has been such a huge success, I decided to purchase the Profiler Remote and a Mission EP1-KP. Both products arrived a couple of days ago and I have not been able to fire everything up until tonight. I am usually gigging on Saturday nights, but tonight was a night off and my wife was out. I have a bad cold and feel pretty awful, but man flu did not stop me trying my new gear. I plugged everything in, poured a large glass of red wine (for medicinal purposes obviously) and for the past couple of hours have been setting everything up.

I probably shouldn't be typing this now as many large glasses of red wine have now been drunk but what a great way to spend a Saturday night! The Profiler Remote is such a great addition to the KPA. So easy to program and I have been experimenting with some great new sounds. I was limited with the FCB1010 and haven't used the KPA anywhere near to its full potential. I am really looking forward to the next gig with this new setup. Being able to see what bank I am using from the display will be extremely helpful as I have run into problems experimenting with new sounds using the FCB1010 when switching to the incorrect bank. The Mission EP1-KP feels so much better than the pedals on the FCB1010 and the switch to turn on wah, pitch shift, etc is much more user friendly. I have a Boss looper on my pedalboard and looper functionality in a TC Electronics pedal, although never really used them. The looper in the Kemper Remote is actually going to be used. I have been having fun with it in the last few hours and I can see its potential as a useable tool.

One big advantage to using the Profiler Remote is that it fits in the Kemper bag. I have been reading a few posts on this topic and wasn't sure if it would fit, but it does! It is quite a tight fit, although it sits on top of the KPA and I can zip up the bag. A beer towel is sitting between the KPA and the Remote to protect them both. It has been a pain having to carry the FCB1010 separately and with my DXR10 in a bag with shoulder strap means it is one trip from the car to the stage. After many years of gigging, I feel that is a very important factor to consider when purchasing new gear.

As stated previously, probably not a good idea to post a review after a sizeable intake of red wine but the excitement of my new Kemper Remote and Mission EP1-KP just needed to be put out there. So looking forward to the next gig!!

• Glad it's working out great for you. Yes, it sure is one of the best pieces of gear that one can add for sure (KPA +KPR). Hope you get to feeling better and enjoy that medicine! :D